NHL Playoff Thread (2017) | Syracusefan.com

NHL Playoff Thread (2017)

Shark58

BANNED
while March Madness is the greatest post season tourney in sports, imho there is no greater in-game action than playoff hockey...esp game 7 playoff hockey...esp esp game 7 OT playoff hockey.

Let the dance to the Cup begin...

(NYR 2-0 over the Habs is a nice way to start. LGR!!!)

while March Madness is the greatest post season tourney in sports, imho there is no greater in-game action than playoff hockey...esp game 7 playoff hockey...esp esp game 7 OT playoff hockey.

Let the dance to the Cup begin...

(NYR 2-0 over the Habs is a nice way to start. LGR!!!)

Henrik was a wall last night. Going to need him on his game to make a run. Tanner Glass getting a tally on a backhand off the face off was great... without consistent big-name scorers, goals will have to come from unexpected contributors. However far the Rangers can go, it will be goaltending and defense that gets them there.

Henrik was a wall last night. Going to need him on his game to make a run. Tanner Glass getting a tally on a backhand off the face off was great... without consistent big-name scorers, goals will have to come from unexpected contributors. However far the Rangers can go, it will be goaltending and defense that gets them there.

the King was awesome and frankly so was Tanner. Beyond the goal, he played a really aggressive fore-checking game, did the dirty work right and didn't make a pure putz as himself. it almost made it worth sitting a kid with top flight talent like Buch...almost.

if honor of Tanner's great game, I will "officially" retire this meme (until I decide it is once again warranted)
w29IXQF.0.png

also, going as far as our D takes us probably means a petty short stay in the playoffs

Our two teams are literally identical. Will be shocked if it doesn't go to 7.

That was a great game. Was hoping for NY to pull it out(obviously), having a 2-0 going home seems like a great advantage but they have been a better team this year on the road. Here we are at 1-1 heading to the Garden.

Good to see Canadian teams(5?) back in it for Lord Stanley's Cup. It was odd last year when all the clubs decided to take a sabbatical.;)

tonight sucked

gratz

I hate the Montreal Canadiens; I hate watching them at all, with their cheerleader announcers, the on-ice officials who babysit them, and most of all the attitude of entitlement that fairly oozes from their fans. Good luck to the Rangers, creatorsgame is right about goal-scoring. They're going to have to go get the "dirty goals" that come from corner and front-of-the-net work.

still had a 17 second hangover last night...

obviously, tomorrow is must win.

still had a 17 second hangover last night...

obviously, tomorrow is must win.

I watched the Yanks beat St Loo, then the Oilers shut out San Jose. Won't watch the Habs when there are other games on. Who the hell is Radulov? Just another reason to dislike the Russians. ;)

'Hawks haven't even scored a goal yet. Rinne is good but not that good. It's painful to watch, as they're looking tired and getting out worked. Nashville is forcing the puck handler and cutting off the passing lanes. Watched the first period Saturday night, could see that one was over, went to a folk club instead. It was a much better decision. This could be the beginning of the end for this group, sorry to say.

Last edited:
Zach Werenski has probably given up on blocking shots ...

I watched the Yanks beat St Loo, then the Oilers shut out San Jose. Won't watch the Habs when there are other games on. Who the hell is Radulov? Just another reason to dislike the Russians. ;)

'Hawks haven't even scored a goal yet. Rinne is good but not that good. It's painful to watch, as they're looking tired and getting out worked. Nashville is forcing the puck handler and cutting off the passing lanes. Watched the first period Saturday night, could see that one was over, went to a folk club instead. It was a much better decision. This could be the beginning of the end for this group, sorry to say.
was going back and forth on that too, Yanks are a really good watch now.

Judge getting robbed, then Bird just picking him up and crushing 1...was poetic.

and likely an omen...

NYR are a rock solid team, with no superstar.

that hurts during Cup time.

Any Blues fans out there. I've been following them since the Garry Unger, Red Berenson, Plager brothers days. Don't follow hockey like I used to except during the playoffs. Too many years of great regular seasons and choking in the playoffs. 50 years in the league and this could be the one.

Cubs, Blues and the Jazz. Let's get them all in one year.

I hate the Montreal Canadiens; I hate watching them at all, with their cheerleader announcers, the on-ice officials who babysit them, and most of all the attitude of entitlement that fairly oozes from their fans. Good luck to the Rangers, creatorsgame is right about goal-scoring. They're going to have to go get the "dirty goals" that come from corner and front-of-the-net work.
The analysis of the Preds "pressuring the puck carrier and cutting off passing lanes" combined with the "who the heck is Radulov" I probably shouldn't take this too seriously. You might want to stick to watching the Yankees games.

Last edited:
Any Blues fans out there. I've been following them since the Garry Unger, Red Berenson, Plager brothers days. Don't follow hockey like I used to except during the playoffs. Too many years of great regular seasons and choking in the playoffs. 50 years in the league and this could be the one.
I'm a fan...and I'm cautiously pessimistic about their chances. Allen's been great so far, though. As unexpected and improbable as Jon Casey.

in the OP I said game 7 overtime hockey was the best

game 5 OT hockey can be awesomeness too

Congrats on the win NYR fans... It's amazing how tight this sucker is. Lundqvist has been downright amazing and has slightly outplayed Price, which is nearly impossible to do and Price has been good.

Very disappointing from a Hab fan perspective in Alex Galchenyuk and Max Pacioretty... If we want to get this to 7 one needs to find the back of net. I think we will

Playoff hockey can suck... Especially for me since I watch all 82 regular season games... First round exits = No. fun.

Last edited:
Whatever Ranger whiffed on an open net in OT has to be feeling pretty relieved.