NHL Playoff Thread (2017) | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

NHL Playoff Thread (2017)

Had road games with the soccer team this week so I haven't seen a single moment of games 3 & 4 live. My Saturday afternoon is cleared.

Just saw the game was at 3. Thought I was going to miss it because I thought it was at night. Pumped now.

I and several of my Canadian friends are hoping for an Ottawa/Edmonton final just to piss off Gary Bettman. :cool:

Rangers come up big in game 4. Back to Ottawa Saturday afternoon. LGR!!!

We should be up 3-1 right now, I believe Ottawa has led for a grand total of 4 mins the entire series, I feel good about the Rangers chances going forward.

We should be up 3-1 right now, I believe Ottawa has led for a grand total of 4 mins the entire series, I feel good about the Rangers chances going forward.

It all depends on whether Karlsson plays. And 2 of 3 games in O-town will give them a small edge. But it's been a heck of a series, very evenly matched teams.

It all depends on whether Karlsson plays. And 2 of 3 games in O-town will give them a small edge.

The Rangers should have won game two and you could make the case they could have won game one, the Rangers have been a great road team all year.

That's a goal! What's taking so long???
Photobucket burning couch

Another horrible loss, the series should have ended today, Im sorry but this is why Henrik is never going to be great, he gives way too many awful goals.

Wow. They could very easily have swept Ottawa, and at worst should have won the series today. And yet we're down 3-2. Amazing. Seriously.

Another horrible loss, the series should have ended today, Im sorry but this is why Henrik is never going to be great, he gives way too many awful goals.

Or a competent D

That too, but he should have stopped that last shot, no questions asked, it was a soft goal.

Turris almost fanned on it. I think it went in from the heel of his stick. In defense of Lundqvist, when you lean into what you expect is going to be a hard shot, and instead it dribbles in on you, you're almost powerless to react to it. Sounds weird, but that's hockey. :noidea:

Turris almost fanned on it. I think it went in from the heel of his stick. In defense of Lundqvist, when you lean into what you expect is going to be a hard shot, and instead it dribbles in on you, you're almost powerless to react to it. Sounds weird, but that's hockey. :noidea:

I agree, but this guy gives up so many soft goals.

I agree, but this guy gives up so many soft goals.

agreed that he lets in too many soft ones, but blaming Hank is like blaming Melo for the Knicks woes

ponderous

of course if he doesnt play crazy they never get past the Habs to lose to Ottawa

agreed that he lets in too many soft ones, but blaming Hank is like blaming Melo for the Knicks woes

ponderous
that's apples and ORANGE's.

Melo has nothing to do with a Knick loss, except some game winners hes missed.

the King, too often...lets this happen.

he never stands on his head when needed, he makes solid saves, but never the big one.

we cant put the weight of the game on him, for even a minute.

SuckedSenorBale-1.gif

Lets Go Yanks!!!

Let's Go Caps!

Getting into this with my 8 year old son, who just started playing hockey, has been a lot of fun. At least when the Caps win. It's kind of a nightmare when they lose.

I believe that rooting for the Penguins is like rooting for the Patriots.

Haven't read the whole thread, but the NHL needs to fix the way they do the playoffs. No way the #1 and #2 teams in the Conference should be playing in Round 2. And while the Wild Card idea isn't bad, I think the Rangers should have had home ice against the Senators.

Re-seed!

Let's Go Caps!

Getting into this with my 8 year old son, who just started playing hockey, has been a lot of fun. At least when the Caps win. It's kind of a nightmare when they lose.

I believe that rooting for the Penguins is like rooting for the Patriots.

Haven't read the whole thread, but the NHL needs to fix the way they do the playoffs. No way the #1 and #2 teams in the Conference should be playing in Round 2. And while the Wild Card idea isn't bad, I think the Rangers should have had home ice against the Senators.

Re-seed!
Agreed. If they are going to do it in a similar manner to what they do now, I would be much happier with the top 2 (instead of 3) teams in each division guaranteed, and then let the chips (no pun intended) fall with the next 4 best teams in the conference.

Rangers had no business losing that series. Coaching lost Games 2 and 5. Wholesale changes are going to have to be made to that roster and hopefully the coaching staff because Vigneault never learned from his mistakes in the Montreal series. Unreal how bad of a coach he is. In addition to the coaching, they had way too many no shows. Derek Stepan, JT Miller, Rick Nash, Chris Kreider, Marc Staal and Nick Holden all played poorly. Stepan makes way too much money for him to not have an impact on any playoff game. I wouldn't be upset if he were exposed to Vegas. They need to protect Grabner and Fast at all costs. Extremely disappointing because after Montreal, they had a path to the Conference Finals if they played their game. I passed on tickets last night because it was an elimination game with the Rangers facing an exit and had they lost (which they did), I wouldn't have been a happy camper on my commute home.

And yes, the NHL playoff seeding is an abomination. Ottawa, the worst team in the postseason, would have had to play Washington if Gary Bettman used logic in the postseason draw. Instead two of the best teams in the East play each other in the second round and Ottawa makes it to the ECF by beating a crippled Boston team and a Rangers team that gave away the series. Regardless of who they draw in the next round, they'll get punched.