NHL Playoff Thread (2017) | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

NHL Playoff Thread (2017)

Great job by the blue shirts, I have to admit I thought we were in trouble after we gave away game 2 and laid a stinker in game 3, bring on the Bruins.

cup finals, game 7, OT hockey is the greatest pure sports excitement I could possibly think of
Maybe 25+ years ago there was a triple (I think) OT game between the Islanders and Penguins. Even though I had no dog in the fight it remains one of the most exciting things I've ever seen. Up and down non-stop. Crazy save after crazy save. It was nuts.

Matteau swoops in
IMG_6327.JPG

Maybe 25+ years ago there was a triple (I think) OT game between the Islanders and Penguins. Even though I had no dog in the fight it remains one of the most exciting things I've ever seen. Up and down non-stop. Crazy save after crazy save. It was nuts.

I remember years ago there was a Flyers/Penguins game that went 5 ots, game ended at like 230 in the morning, and on a school night, one of the best times I ever had watching a game.

I remember years ago there was a Flyers/Penguins game that went 5 ots, game ended at like 230 in the morning, and on a school night, one of the best times I ever had watching a game.
You know, maybe it was the Flyers. Not sure.

B.B.B ... Buh Bye Broonz!

:)

edit: Brad Marchand is such a detestable little puke. And I won't miss seeing Chara always giving the extra little shot after the whistle.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

:mad::mad::mad:;):cool:

Oh Lord
We really need football season to get the FB board more active.
It brings out more of these classic Kaiser type posts. I respect the fact you don't even bother with the BB board. I regret it that I don't your have discipline to do that.

Blue Shirts will beat the Senators in 5 or 6. They suck and play a boring style. They beat up the most injured team in the playoffs and all the games were 1 goal affairs.

We really need football season to get the FB board more active.
It brings out more of these classic Kaiser type posts. I respect the fact you don't even bother with the BB board. I regret it that I don't your have discipline to do that.

Blue Shirts will beat the Senators in 5 or 6. They suck and play a boring style. They beat up the most injured team in the playoffs and all the games were 1 goal affairs.
that actually saddens me.

in BM and YOM (Before Melo and Year Of Melo) I was all over the BB board.

that's where it was at...tons of fun.

however it was somewhere close to YOM, when I coined it Romper Room...and boy was I not wrong and wow did it go downhill real quick after that.

too many kids posting nonsense, too many thin-skinned adults protecting their precious posts at all costs...no matter how ffreak'n wrong they were...it just became un-fun.

so I basically walked away.

I go on Yankees and Giants boards, but id rather discuss it here with all you fine folk her in the OT forum.

especially the NFL.

youre a pats fan, we got a bunch of bills, some raiders, dolphins, steelers, pokes, iggs...maybe a closet jet who hasn't embarrassed himself by admitting it on here...its a good mix, an eclectic group with different perspectives on a sport that all who participate follow nationally.

other than to a degree the redsux and a good amount of unintentional mets knowledge, I have no freakin clue what the other 27 pro baseball teams are doing...but I know what all 31 other NFL are doing, and I love to hear the inside shlit that you can provide on the pats, or what someone else can on the steelers etc.

ultimately its just better when you can 'understand' peoples hook or personalities...its sooo hard to figure out on pro sports boards with a few 100,000 members.

Last edited:
youre a pats fan, we got a bunch of bills, some raiders, dolphins, steelers, pokes, iggs...maybe a closet jet who hasn't embarrassed himself by admitting it on here...its a good mix, an eclectic group with different perspectives on a sport that all who participate follow nationally.

other than to a degree the redsux and a good amount of unintentional mets knowledge, I have no freakin clue what the other 27 pro baseball teams are doing...but I know what all 31 other NFL are doing, and I love to hear the inside shlit that you can provide on the pats, or what someone else can on the steelers etc.

ultimately its just better when you can 'understand' peoples hook or personalities...its sooo hard to figure out on pro sports boards with a few 100,000 members.

You think it's been easy being a Jets fan all these years? But at least I'm not a Bills fan. :D

Rangers come up big in game 4. Back to Ottawa Saturday afternoon. LGR!!!

Had road games with the soccer team this week so I haven't seen a single moment of games 3 & 4 live. My Saturday afternoon is cleared.