Nice to see BJ back in Orange... | Syracusefan.com

Nice to see BJ back in Orange...

Last night I kept thinking “would he have raised his game to the level he did at LaSalle if he stayed here?” And all I could think of is that he wouldn’t have had the playing time. Someone verify this for me.

Last night I kept thinking “would he have raised his game to the level he did at LaSalle if he stayed here?” And all I could think of is that he wouldn’t have had the playing time. Someone verify this for me.

Would've been competing against three capable forwards (well, one SG playing SF) each year. Malachi, Roberson, Lydon. Then Lydon, White, Roberson. Hard to say how it all would have shaken out. Lydon wasn't guaranteed any minutes as a Freshman and played lots of Center both years. Roberson was in Boeheim's doghouse quite a bit. Maybe White doesn't transfer here if BJ's on the roster.

Would've been competing against three capable forwards (well, one SG playing SF) each year. Malachi, Roberson, Lydon. Then Lydon, White, Roberson. Hard to say how it all would have shaken out. Lydon wasn't guaranteed any minutes as a Freshman and played lots of Center both years. Roberson was in Boeheim's doghouse quite a bit. Maybe White doesn't transfer here if BJ's on the roster.

Good summary and then we'd also have to consider the reduced scholarships we were dealing with. Regardless, I'm glad to see BJ put his game together and have some success.

Is Watkins a philly guy too?

It’s gratifying to see BJ in some sort of fortuitous way in his #2 to complete what he started some 6 years ago. I then told him, “To Do Something In That Damn Uniform To Help His Team Win!”

White would not have transferred here if BJ stayed. BJ would have became a great player here, wish he had stayed

He needed the year off in the weight room but when he left noone knew that Gbinije was going to be the PG. He was pretty much locked in for 35+ minutes a night in Boeheims short rotation at the 3.

That final four team could have used one more really good scorer him and Mal would have done great together. Our rotation was pretty short that year noone got much rest. Sort of a weird decision considering he was going to be 6th/7th on the depth chart at worst. But I guess Mal/Lydon/Gbinije in front of him after not getting much run his first 2 years was enough.

BJ and Southerland not redshirting as freshmen stings looking back James on the Ennis team would have been amazing as would BJ on 2016.

White would not have transferred here if BJ stayed. BJ would have became a great player here, wish he had stayed

There was a gap of 1 year between BJ leaving and White.

The meat grinder ACC schedule was tough that year and most of our starters played 40 minutes a night (Cooney didn't sit once for something like 15 straight games.) A Final Four team almost missed the Dance and should have been in the NIT according to most.

1 more guy would have been huge.

He needed the year off in the weight room but when he left noone knew that Gbinije was going to be the PG. He was pretty much locked in for 35+ minutes a night in Boeheims short rotation at the 3.

That final four team could have used one more really good scorer him and Mal would have done great together. Our rotation was pretty short that year noone got much rest. Sort of a weird decision considering he was going to be 6th/7th on the depth chart at worst. But I guess Mal/Lydon/Gbinije in front of him after not getting much run his first 2 years was enough.

BJ and Southerland not redshirting as freshmen stings looking back James on the Ennis team would have been amazing as would BJ on 2016.

Nobody would ever admit to this, and I have no qualification to say this, but I’d be willing to wager that if sanctions had not hit us, B.J. would have stayed. I could be completely off though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom