Nielsen Says Most Rabid College Football Fans in Northeast Are in CNY and Western PA | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Nielsen Says Most Rabid College Football Fans in Northeast Are in CNY and Western PA

The day we win the World Cup will be a day of mourning in the rest of the world because they will have lost the last thing "we can do and the Americans can't." Plus we would have won the same number of World Cups as the plodding English thugs.
Cricket. Americans are to impatient to follow a match(?) for three days. Myself included. Half the world plays due to the influence of the British Empire.

Cricket. Americans are to impatient to follow a match(?) for three days. Myself included. Half the world plays due to the influence of the British Empire.
Haverford College has a varsity cricket team (it's also the home of the US cricket museum). It gets slaughtered just about every time it plays a team that's largely South Asians, like the UPenn club. I know all this because my son plays. As long as people don't swing like it's baseball and don't bend their elbow when they bowl (pitch), the US could easily clean up in a short time.

Haverford College has a varsity cricket team (it's also the home of the US cricket museum). It gets slaughtered just about every time it plays a team that's largely South Asians, like the UPenn club. I know all this because my son plays. As long as people don't swing like it's baseball and don't bend their elbow when they bowl (pitch), the US could easily clean up in a short time.
I like the idea of cleaning up but I think I still lack the patience. Good luck to your son.

10 years from now and soccer will be miles ahead of baseball. Because true Americans realize that soccer is a great sport.
People complain baseball is slow. How will soccer overcome that if it has the same problem

People complain baseball is slow. How will soccer overcome that if it has the same problem
Soccer is not slow. 90 minutes with the clock running continuously. 3-4 minutes of extra time, and done.

Capt. Tuttle said:
Soccer is not slow. 90 minutes with the clock running continuously. 3-4 minutes of extra time, and done.

Baseball is the worst. So much dead time to "something is actually happening". That's why it's fun to attend games and the worst to watch on TV.

10 years from now and soccer will be miles ahead of baseball. Because true Americans realize that soccer is a great sport.

lol_idi_amin.gif

US Youth Soccer #'s plateaued for the most part a handful of years ago. In most states there's already been some decline.

My interest in it goes up during the World Cup. Outside of that, meh.

Great sport, will have a tough time carving out its space in the US Market even when the influx of youths who started playing in the early to mid 2000's become adults.

When people say the game is "slow", I think it's more about the lack of scoring they are complaining about.

Also, neophyte viewers don't know what to look for. They don't understand the game

Soccer games frequently have slow developing patterns with statistics like Time of Possession and Completed Passes and Corner Kicks being how you judge the flow of the game.

Understanding how Barcelona plays versus how the average EPL team approaches the game is key to enjoying the sport.

They also don't understand the athleticism and endurance that is before them. That Ronaldo is a way better athlete than Tom Brady is a foreign concept.

For people who have trouble, or not, with soccer, please watch the YouTube video about Scott Sterling. it is a shootout; and the video is not too long. the commentary is the key to the whole video; and you do not have to like soccer to enjoy it.

Baseball is the worst. So much dead time to "something is actually happening". That's why it's fun to attend games and the worst to watch on TV.
I love baseball and the best I do when some milestone is not on the line is "background noise"

But as with Field Hockey, Cricket, Rugby and other great sports, I never got to the point where the nuances have captured me. I dig deep into 4 sports to follow as it is , and really 6 because College Hoops and FB are truly different animals than the pro version. It is hard to create room to add another, especially as this time of the year I feel guilt for not following NBA and NHL more in reg season.

Any of you gentlemen that say you think soccer is boring, et al.

You now have an open offer from myself to come attend a game at Red Bull Arena in Harrison NJ. Come a few see what the fuss is about.
Attend attend a few games every season...Will be at the nyfc July 24. The atmosphere was great for this game last year.

For people who have trouble, or not, with soccer, please watch the YouTube video about Scott Sterling. it is a shootout; and the video is not too long. the commentary is the key to the whole video; and you do not have to like soccer to enjoy it.
Sterling is a two-sport athlete at Yale. He helped them win the volleyball championship, too!

If you blow that map up the space where high point stadium sits is all white....What could that mean?