Night 1 of 2 in syracuse | Syracusefan.com

Night 1 of 2 in syracuse

CuseTroop

Vegas Mole Person
im on my phone, and still a little drunk, I'll post more when I hit a lap top. Holy guys, last night was out of control. I got tickets to the Cuse Champions Auction last night, and despite getting into NY a night early, I was still about an hour and a half late. I walked in, and our very own CTO was one of the first people I saw. I received a big hug, and was taken on a tour of Manely Field house, which I had never been in. The tour quickly turned into "let's introduce Adam to everyone in the world" and when I say eceryone in the world, I mean there wasent a person in that building who didn't know Joyce. I know I'm going to leave a few people out, but I met Floyd Little, Cliff Ensley, Roosevelt Bouie, Gerry, Coach Hop, Jason Poles, Jay Bilas, Justin Pugh, fairfax orange and his wife, bayside and his wife, and obie9 and his wife!! Oh, and I might have ran into that one guy, what's his name... CTO introduced me to JB!

Everyone we talked to was super nice. While talking to Jason Poles, CTO mentioned that I was a veteran. He thanked me, and said "I have something for you" and took off. About 45 mins later he found us again, and handed me an awesome half syracuse, half American flag pin. Every time I passed Jason last night, he shook my hand, and asked how I was doing. He remembered my name the whole night. Stand up guy, and the perfect guy to represent syracuse. Coach Hop was very interested in my Alaska moose hunting trip. Half way through my story someone important looking interrupted and wanted to introduce his brother. Mike said very politly "I wanna hear the end of this story!" I've always been a Hopkins fan, but spending 5 minutes with him, he is one of the coolest people I've ever met. Roosevelt talked to us for a while, about Alaska shows, and panthers in his back yard in Rochester, he was a blast. I ran into justin on my way out, I believe it was Jason poles who introduced us, and I spent a good 15-20 minutes talking with him. He was texting the rest of the Giants O-line to see who wanted to go on a hunting trip with him, and we talked about Alaska, and traded hunting stories for a while. They actually shut the lights off on us, while we were talking, we had to move into the hall way.

Its crazy, that every time I get to hang with CTO, it turns into one of the best nights of my life. This woman is a legend. Even the hotel staff, waiters, bartenders, all knew her by name. You should have seen the look on the faces of the 15 or so people checking into their rooms a 2am, when she cut the line, and made the desk call a cab for me and my friend lol.

Guys, it's 8:39am, 4:39 in Alaska. I can't sleep. Im to pumped. We are beating Duke today!!

image-3403127615.jpg
image-3403127615.jpg

Here goes CuseTroop trolling for 'Likes' again. :)

Seriouysly though, fantastic story! And great pics - I can even see the pin. Which, because I am a complete and utter moron, when I first read the story I was somehow picturing an American Flag with the Syracuse block 'S' in place of the stars. I need to stop waking up so early after drinking. :(

Looks like an awesome time, well done to you to, CTO!

Sweet Jumpin' Jehosephat. Once again, my son wants to be CuseTroop when he grows up. (He often peers at my facebook over my shoulder.).

But for once, I am not mortified to the point of tears at the thought! Rock on, Adam, and Good on ya, Joyce!!

im on my phone, and still a little drunk, I'll post more when I hit a lap top. Holy . . . . guys, last night was out of control. I got tickets to the Cuse Champions Auction last night, and despite getting into NY a night early, I was still about an hour and a half late. I walked in, and our very own CTO was one of the first people I saw. I received a big hug, and was taken on a tour of Manely Field house, which I had never been in. The tour quickly turned into "let's introduce Adam to everyone in the world" and when I say eceryone in the world, I mean there wasent a person in that building who didn't know Joyce. I know I'm going to leave a few people out, but I met Floyd Little, Cliff Ensley, Roosevelt Bouie, Gerry, Coach Hop, Jason Poles, Jay Bilas, Justin Pugh, fairfax orange and his wife, bayside and his wife, and obie9 and his wife!! Oh, and I might have ran into that one guy, what's his name... CTO introduced me to JB!

Everyone we talked to was super nice. While talking to Jason Poles, CTO mentioned that I was a veteran. He thanked me, and said "I have something for you" and took off. About 45 mins later he found us again, and handed me an awesome half syracuse, half American flag pin. Every time I passed Jason last night, he shook my hand, and asked how I was doing. He remembered my name the whole night. Stand up guy, and the perfect guy to represent syracuse. Coach Hop was very interested in my Alaska moose hunting trip. Half way through my story someone important looking interrupted and wanted to introduce his brother. Mike said very politly "I wanna hear the end of this story!" I've always been a Hopkins fan, but spending 5 minutes with him, he is one of the coolest people I've ever met. Roosevelt talked to us for a while, about Alaska shows, and panthers in his back yard in Rochester, he was a blast. I ran into justin on my way out, I believe it was Jason poles who introduced us, and I spent a good 15-20 minutes talking with him. He was texting the rest of the Giants O-line to see who wanted to go on a hunting trip with him, and we talked about Alaska, and traded hunting stories for a while. They actually shut the lights off on us, while we were talking, we had to move into the hall way.

Its crazy, that every time I get to hang with CTO, it turns into one of the best nights of my life. This woman is a legend. Even the hotel staff, waiters, bartenders, all knew her by name. You should have seen the look on the faces of the 15 or so people checking into their rooms a 2am, when she cut the line, and made the desk call a cab for me and my friend lol.

Guys, it's 8:39am, 4:39 in Alaska. I can't sleep. Im to pumped. We are beating Duke today!!

Adam, it was great meeting you! Hopefully we'll see you in Club44 and at the tailgate

im on my phone, and still a little drunk, I'll post more when I hit a lap top. Holy . . . . guys, last night was out of control. I got tickets to the Cuse Champions Auction last night, and despite getting into NY a night early, I was still about an hour and a half late. I walked in, and our very own CTO was one of the first people I saw. I received a big hug, and was taken on a tour of Manely Field house, which I had never been in. The tour quickly turned into "let's introduce Adam to everyone in the world" and when I say eceryone in the world, I mean there wasent a person in that building who didn't know Joyce. I know I'm going to leave a few people out, but I met Floyd Little, Cliff Ensley, Roosevelt Bouie, Gerry, Coach Hop, Jason Poles, Jay Bilas, Justin Pugh, fairfax orange and his wife, bayside and his wife, and obie9 and his wife!! Oh, and I might have ran into that one guy, what's his name... CTO introduced me to JB!

CuseTroop, that is an awesome story! Sounds like you had a blast. One of these times our Syracuse viewing schedules will match and I will be a part of your writeup!

I have yet to have the pleasure to meet CTO in person but through my interaction with her on this board, her allowing my father and I to use her seats and reading all the stories on this board I think it's safe to say she is one of the most generous people on this board and a great representative of Orange fans!

weedsportwarriors said:
That will be one night that you will never forget. I would be floating on cloud nine. You still heading to Chucks? We have some running around to do while I am in town, but if we get it all done I will see you over there. Great Post!!

I'll be there at noon!