NIKE is now a target | Syracusefan.com

NIKE is now a target

Boeheim has his warts (e.g., laissez-faire with players off the court, etc.), but I don't think he gives a damn about landing the latest greatest top-10 recruit through shoe company and agent shenanigans. I don't think the program is 100% clean, can't be, but there are reasons SU stops recruiting players once it becomes a circus.

4 Freshmen don't fit the profile valued by Nike. Rest of the team, Battle maybe, remember not a McD.....Recent past we haven't been loaded with Nike wonders. JB maybe sensed something was up a few years ago...like the crap was going to hit the fan. JB is way smarter than the average head coach. Any kid in the top 100 looking for $$$$$$ isn't worth pursuing. A veritable trap.

Boeheim has his warts (e.g., laissez-faire with players off the court, etc.), but I don't think he gives a damn about landing the latest greatest top-10 recruit through shoe company and agent shenanigans. I don't think the program is 100% clean, can't be, but there are reasons SU stops recruiting players once it becomes a circus.

I agree with this. This shhshow I don't think JB or Cuse is involved at all because of the reasons you listed. I think the stuff that we've been pegged on before which was to JBs blind eye is more of the stuff that we'd be guilty of which doesn't really have to do with anything that we've seen from this FBI probe. I think we'll be in good shape, but will be worried until the dust settles.

Should be interesting to say the least. I'm looking forward to the 30 for 30 in 20 years detailing all of this. hahaha

Well it should be a great storyline to follow to replace some of the political madness.

This FBI investigation might be to college basketball corruption, what RICO laws were to the mob...destruction. Its easy to keep quiet when you're facing a slap on the wrist...lots of "brave" people will sing like a canary when they are faced with serious consequences.

If any money can be documented. These coaches were so stupid accepting payments from businesses. Of course nobody thought the Feds would be involved. WWW and his boosters do things too under the radar I imagine to be caught. Cash. Fingers crossed that Hopkins or any asst never took any money from Nike or any firm. I highly doubt it but who knows.

We haven't landed recruits rated highly enough for this to be of much concern for us. If Syracuse was a part of this, they sucked at it lol.
All it takes is one; McCullough or Richardson for example...

I think people are missing the point here. The coaches and schools are just casualties in this instance. It's the agents and shoe companies the FBI is after.
Correct, but the concern as a fan is what the NCAA will do in the aftermath to those implicated by the FBI.

I think people are missing the point here. The coaches and schools are just casualties in this instance. It's the agents and shoe companies the FBI is after.

True. But schools will take action with or without NCAA prodding and terminate any coaches or staff members found involved I would think.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom