NIL Collective. Rebranding the Fine Mess. | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

NIL Collective. Rebranding the Fine Mess.

We continue to move to higher ground. We now stand at $6016 in pledges from 44 individuals. If you would like to contribute and have not yet messaged me with your details, PLEASE do so today. Include pledge amount and name and email address if you do not mind sharing. If you have posted in this thread that you would be willing to contribute and reconsidered, let me know that as well.
I anticipate hearing from SU Compliance at any time and need to have the most complete information possible.
This is great. Happy to see a great group pulling together for a fun cause.

Another milestone reached. We now stand at $5328 in pledges from 38 individuals. If you would like to contribute and have not yet emailed me with your details, PLEASE do so today. Include pledge amount and name and email address if you do not mind sharing. If you have posted in this thread that you would be willing to contribute and reconsidered, let me know that as well.
I anticipate hearing from SU Compliance at any time and need to have the most complete information possible.
Remind me how to pm?

Doing quick math if every season ticket holder contributed 100 a year to a cooperative each player could make about 25k a year. Not going go keep us with the cheaters but it would be a start.
Question is the university allowed to provide a list that a cooperative could market to?

Awesome work (though no surprise from this group)

An idea that may help is attaching a Venmo/PayPal/Cash App to the account that is set up for this. It would allow it to be marketed even wider for donations (unnamed donations would have no say in the player) These could create contributions to the pot in a quick painless way that encourages impulsive gifts.

This sounds like such a great cause, though i cant currently contribute it would definitely be something i could get behind in the future

I would definitely be in on this idea
Just send me a PM with the amount you would like to pledge. Once I get through SU AD Compliance I will reach out with payment details. I think I know where to find you!

Things are slowing down a bit for the weekend, but there were a few more responses yesterday. We now stand at $6441 in pledges from 49 individuals. If you would like to contribute and have not yet messaged me with your details, PLEASE do so today. Include pledge amount and name and email address if you do not mind sharing. If you have posted in this thread that you would be willing to contribute and reconsidered, PLEASE let me know that as well. I want to be sure everyone who expressed interest is accounted for.
I anticipate hearing from SU Compliance at any time and need to have the most complete information possible. I have a call scheduled on another matter early in the week and will follow up then to
see what the expected time frame will be.

Things are slowing down a bit for the weekend, but there were a few more responses yesterday. We now stand at $6441 in pledges from 49 individuals. If you would like to contribute and have not yet messaged me with your details, PLEASE do so today. Include pledge amount and name and email address if you do not mind sharing. If you have posted in this thread that you would be willing to contribute and reconsidered, PLEASE let me know that as well. I want to be sure everyone who expressed interest is accounted for.
I anticipate hearing from SU Compliance at any time and need to have the most complete information possible. I have a call scheduled on another matter early in the week and will follow up then to
see what the expected time frame will be.
Thanks for taking the lead on this.

Pledges continue to trickle in. We now stand at $6841 in pledges from 53 individuals.

It looks like the Inflcr portal will facilitate all transactions with the individual player(s) that we work with including issuance of tax documentation. That would clear up a major concern I had. Anticipating approval in the next couple of days. Following that I can submit a posting and players can apply. I am guessing that we will have everything in place including selection of a player before summer camp starts. I also had a conversation with a prominent local media member who will do a feature story on us once things solidify. I am thinking that the story might actually have broader, national interest as an example of addressing NIL the right way!

Ifyou would like to contribute and have not yet messaged me with your details, PLEASE do so today. Include pledge amount and name and email address if you do not mind sharing. If you have posted in this thread that you would be willing to contribute and reconsidered, PLEASE let me know that as well. I want to be sure everyone who expressed interest is accounted for.

I have a question - how does the new NCAA legislation impact this? My read is that it is for PSA's, therefore this collective would need to be distributed to a current student-athlete (which is what the intent was from the beginning I believe). Just curious!

I have a question - how does the new NCAA legislation impact this? My read is that it is for PSA's, therefore this collective would need to be distributed to a current student-athlete (which is what the intent was from the beginning I believe). Just curious!

Agreed. We would not be offering a prospective student athlete. In fact I am recommending we work with a redshirt freshman or sophomore.
The prohibition on contingency on continuing enrollment makes me think a multi year agreement might be grey area. I can think of ways around it, but want to talk to compliance.

Nice. The Fine Mess Walk ons...

The Fine Mess Hogs has a nice ring... LOL. Those boys up front could use the food $$.

Joking aside, why not a positional group? Instead of an individual, why not a group of "Have nots", that have No NIL deals?
If the position group is punters or kickers, I AM OUT.

Agreed. We would not be offering a prospective student athlete. In fact I am recommending we work with a redshirt freshman or sophomore.
The prohibition on contingency on continuing enrollment makes me think a multi year agreement might be grey area. I can think of ways around it, but want to talk to compliance.
Imo, One year deal signed in Fall to someone already enrolled is compliance based upon the new guidelines set forth above.

And we definitely will require a tangible quid pro quo. In addition to use of the player's name that we will use for branding and merchandising, I plan on requiring a 2 - 3 minute video prior to every home tailgate and a supply of signed 8 x 10s that we can sell for a nominal fee.

And we definitely will require a tangible quid pro quo. In addition to use of the player's name that we will use for branding and merchandising, I plan on requiring a 2 - 3 minute video prior to every home tailgate and a supply of signed 8 x 10s that we can sell for a nominal fee.
One question, does the tailgate have to be registered as an LLC or anything like that?

Just really curious about the business mechanics of this.

One question, does the tailgate have to be registered as an LLC or anything like that?

Just really curious about the business mechanics of this.
It appears everything works through Inflncr as far as payment and financials. I will leave it to the legal minds on the board to chime in, but I don’t anticipate the need to form an LLC. Portal says it facilitates interaction between players and business, donors, alumni and any other parties interested in NIL initiatives.

It appears everything works through Inflncr as far as payment and financials. I will leave it to the legal minds on the board to chime in, but I don’t anticipate the need to form an LLC. Portal says it facilitates interaction between players and business, donors, alumni and any other parties interested in NIL initiatives.

I was thinking that there is another way to go with this. First of all it's a great idea, we could also honor a different player for each home game. Have the parents come to the Fine Mess.

Just throwing it out there.

As we refine our NIL concept, some issues we might consider are:

#1: What criteria will we use to select and name our player recipient(s)? Special talent? Service to the community (remember the team gives out awards too)? Academic excellence? Team Spirit? Silly name or serious name (rising star, etc)?

#2: Are we going to select one player for each season, or multiple players ... say, one each month of the season (3), or one for each of the home games (7)?

#3: Depending on the answer to #2, how much are we offering to each player-recipient(s), and what do we expect the player to do?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom