NIL Collective. Rebranding the Fine Mess. | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

NIL Collective. Rebranding the Fine Mess.

I don't know how any of this NIL works. Could this be a weekly award for the previous games MVP? Alternatively $100 a sack, TO, etc.? or is that pay to play?

If you have indicated a willingness to contribute to this project but have not yet provided a dollar amount for your pledge, please PM that to me today. While it is not binding, I need to include some details in the posting on the Inflncr portal.

Thanks, Mark. Once I get through the certification process with SU Compliance I'll touch base with payment details. Care to share your email address?

For those trying to contact Consigliere, it’s best to use the conversation option (which is also private) instead of the chat feature which can be clunky. The conversation option is the envelope up top.

Great response so far. Our pledge total stands at $3284. Once again, if you have indicated a willingness to contribute to this project but have not yet provided a dollar amount for your pledge, please PM that to me today.
SU uses the Inflncr portal on the Accelerate platform to log and track NIL opportunities. The process involves posting details about the concept on the portal. Concept is then reviewed by the Compliance staff of the SUAD. They determine if the concept fits current NCAA guidelines and contacts the submitter for a discussion. Following that the opportunity is presented to all players soliciting applications. We review the applications, select the athlete we want to work with and kick off the project. I am a bit fuzzy after that - not sure how payments are administered or what documentation is required, but hope to clarify that in my discussion with compliance.
I have released very generic dollar figures to SU so far. That’s why I urgently need details on your pledge. We are also exploring some merchandising ideas to augment the income stream - T shirts, next edition koozies, etc. - and need to get a feel for how much capital we will have to work with.

Last edited:
Great response so far. Our pledge total stands at $3284. Once again, if you have indicated a willingness to contribute to this project but have not yet provided a dollar amount for your pledge, please PM that to me today.
SU uses the Inflncr portal on the Accelerate platform to log and track NIL opportunities. The process involves posting details about the concept on the portal. Concept is then reviewed by the Compliance staff of the SUAD. They determine if the concept fits current NCAA guidelines and contacts the submitter for a discussion. Following that the opportunity is presented to all players soliciting applications. We review the applications, select the athlete we want to work with and kick off the project. I am a bit fuzzy after that - not sure how payments are administered or what documentation is required, but hope to clarify that in my discussion with compliance.
I have released very generic dollar figures to SU so far. That’s why I urgently need details on your pledge. We are also exploring some merchandising ideas to augment the income stream - T shirts, next edition koozies, etc. - and need to get a feel for how much capital we will have to work with.
I'm in for....
d07e44e436aa5b9ef5c80950c8702959.png

JK, put me down for the $100!

If we can get just a fraction of the 5k members to donate anywhere from 5 to 100 dollars, we can get this thing up to $10k for start of year. And from there, we keep it rolling each year. This could be a really cool way of showing support for the program and players, and how Syracuse treats its athletes differently. This is how you show community support for a player and create lifetime connections.

Great idea and impressive early results!

How would the player getting the NIL deal get selected- what’s the criteria? Would it make more sense to support a critical player like Sean Tucker or base it on some objective metrics like team captain or highest gpa or something else that’s not directly tied to athletic performance?

Does a donation = a vote? Just curious how something like this works in practice.

For those trying to contact Consigliere, it’s best to use the conversation option (which is also private) instead of the chat feature which can be clunky. The conversation option is the envelope up top.
ARGHH! I started a chat before I finished the thread. Serves me right.

How would the player getting the NIL deal get selected- what’s the criteria? Would it make more sense to support a critical player like Sean Tucker or base it on some objective metrics like team captain or highest gpa or something else that’s not directly tied to athletic performance?

Does a donation = a vote? Just curious how something like this works in practice.
In college sports I was a grinder, not a star, I am happy supporting the grinders.
Just 2cents.

Another day, another $1000+! We now stand at $4478 in pledges. If you would like to contribute and have not yet emailed me with your details, PLEASE do so today. Include pledge amount and name and email address if you do not mind sharing.
I anticipate hearing from SU Compliance at any time and need to have the most complete information possible.

Once I pass a review with SU Compliance the opportunity is posted to all eligible players and they apply for it. We have set criteria that will be published but any player is free to apply. Ideally we said we would like a redshirt freshman or sophomore since we plan to do some merchandising and would like a player that gives it a little more shelf life. As the amount we will offer won’t quite reach Miami or USC levels we would really like to support a somewhat under the radar player who will not see many NIL opportunities rather than a Sean Tucker level player. It should be someone we expect to see the field, though, to give us something to cheer for.

I would be happy to post a list of applicants for input, put ultimately it will be the Fine Mess Executive committee that makes the decision. I do like your concept of limiting input to those who made a contribution so maybe I will post and solicit input via a private conversation! If you want to see our player pool, get those pledges in!

Once I pass a review with SU Compliance the opportunity is posted to all eligible players and they apply for it. We have set criteria that will be published but any player is free to apply. Ideally we said we would like a redshirt freshman or sophomore since we plan to do some merchandising and would like a player that gives it a little more shelf life. As the amount we will offer won’t quite reach Miami or USC levels we would really like to support a somewhat under the radar player who will not see many NIL opportunities rather than a Sean Tucker level player. It should be someone we expect to see the field, though, to give us something to cheer for.

I would be happy to post a list of applicants for input, put ultimately it will be the Fine Mess Executive committee that makes the decision. I do like your concept of limiting input to those who made a contribution so maybe I will post and solicit input via a private conversation! If you want to see our player pool, get those pledges in!
Thanks again for running point on this. It's a fun idea and it's nice to see we can help out someone who won't be poached due to a million dollar opportunity elsewhere.

My only input for consideration to the executive committee on player selection for sponsorship is that giving it to an upperclassmen (junior/senior vs. freshman/sophomore) will protect better against a player transferring in his career once he has sponsored the tailgate and shirts have been disseminated to members. That situation may leave a bad taste with some donors and hurt the success of the endeavor as you move forward.

My imagining (based upon applicants of course) was one player on each side of the ball (based upon funds raised). You could have the same artwork on the front of the tailgate t-shirt and then name and number of the respective player on the back. 1 - color print to keep costs down (Orange on Blue or Blue on Orange). That way the artwork could be used year after year with the names and numbers being modified on the back to keep costs down.

Anyway, its an exciting idea that's been created and I just wanted to share my thoughts aloud. Thanks to all involved.

Another milestone reached. We now stand at $5328 in pledges from 38 individuals. If you would like to contribute and have not yet emailed me with your details, PLEASE do so today. Include pledge amount and name and email address if you do not mind sharing. If you have posted in this thread that you would be willing to contribute and reconsidered, let me know that as well.
I anticipate hearing from SU Compliance at any time and need to have the most complete information possible.

We continue to move to higher ground. We now stand at $6016 in pledges from 44 individuals. If you would like to contribute and have not yet messaged me with your details, PLEASE do so today. Include pledge amount and name and email address if you do not mind sharing. If you have posted in this thread that you would be willing to contribute and reconsidered, let me know that as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom