Class of 2014 - Nile Sykes, LB (IL) Offered | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Nile Sykes, LB (IL) Offered

That sucks. I hoped it will stretch out for a week or so to give us a real shot at him.

Who wouldn't want to go to a program that has one winning (7-6 in 2007) record since 1995? But I shouldn't be bitter. Good luck to Nile

Who was the NYC guy that we thought was coming here but went to IU? I remember he was a track guy. Did he play last year or redshirt?

Not that I wouldn't love to have him, but it looks like we are stacked at LB for the next 4-5 years. Can't wait to see Franklin, Thomas, Moskal, and Bennett join the likes of Hodge, Davis, and Lynch this year. Still have to add at least one more LB commit for this year though, still hoping for Fox or McKee.

Laray was ready to commit to SU at an all star game but when FHCDM started doing NFL interviews he canceled his announcement and then later chose IU when DM went to Buffalo. Very bummed about Sykes but I had a feeling he may want to stay close to home. IU has sucked forever but if they can ever build a decent defense they won't suck anymore. Bummer of a 4th between this and Henderson!

Too bad we really wanted Sykes too. IMO he was the best out of all of the LB commits we got last year and I absolutely loved Moskal , Franklin,
and Thomas. Grabbing him would have been huge because I don't see any of the LB's we are looking at this year coming close to stacking up to him.

Too bad we really wanted Sykes too. IMO he was the best out of all of the LB commits we got last year and I absolutely loved Moskal , Franklin,
and Thomas. Grabbing him would have been huge because I don't see any of the LB's we are looking at this year coming close to stacking up to him.

Give Shy another year ;)

Shouldn't his title to this thread be Indiana not Illinois. I really wish it was Syracuse though.

He's from Illinois..the thread title hasn't changed since he was recruited last year

Thanks, I was confused and now I see the light. Sorry CuseLegacy, I should have known you were all over this.

Give Shy another year ;)
As much as I enjoy Shy's tape this kid is the real deal and I would have loved to have him here. We were so close to landing him too. (during last year's cycle, not the transfer process)

Laray was ready to commit to SU at an all star game but when FHCDM started doing NFL interviews he canceled his announcement and then later chose IU when DM went to Buffalo. Very bummed about Sykes but I had a feeling he may want to stay close to home. IU has sucked forever but if they can ever build a decent defense they won't suck anymore. Bummer of a 4th between this and Henderson!

Correct, Gus Edwards and Laray Smith were both SU before Marrone left. Ogundeko was still a Cuse lean prior to his departure as well. The Ogundeko recruitment was epic, in every sense of the word.

Correct, Gus Edwards and Laray Smith were both SU before Marrone left. Ogundeko was still a Cuse lean prior to his departure as well. The Ogundeko recruitment was epic, in every sense of the word.
Wow,Rocco do you think EO really was leaning SU before DM left? I didn't have that impression but I have been wrong a few hundred times. Definitely correct on Gus , he had already committed and then flipped , Smith never committed to us but later said we were his choice when he was going to announce originally

Wow,Rocco do you think EO really was leaning SU before DM left? I didn't have that impression but I have been wrong a few hundred times. Definitely correct on Gus , he had already committed and then flipped , Smith never committed to us but later said we were his choice when he was going to announce originally
Gus would have bolted to Miami, IMO. He had stated it many times that the Cane's was his dream school, and as soon as they showed the interest late in the game he started waivoring. Larray was Indiana early on and if I remember correctly, always is one of the top track and field schools. It's a mute point anyway as we will really never know if either would have stayed or bolted regardless if DM stayed on. I agree having Sykes would have been huge, but really...how can any of you be dissapointed with last years class at LB and IMO any one of the four with Thomas and Zaire at the top may prove to be as good if not better players. Yes, time will tell, but there is something unsaid here, the kid committed to ND, signed his LOI, and then wants to bolt just weeks after he started the program. Not like the school was on the other coast or something and the story so far has been silent on his reasoning for leaving. Just saying, if he had joined here instead of ND, what do you think we may be talking about....

Gus would have bolted to Miami, IMO. He had stated it many times that the Cane's was his dream school, and as soon as they showed the interest late in the game he started waivoring. Larray was Indiana early on and if I remember correctly, always is one of the top track and field schools. It's a mute point anyway as we will really never know if either would have stayed or bolted regardless if DM stayed on. I agree having Sykes would have been huge, but really...how can any of you be dissapointed with last years class at LB and IMO any one of the four with Thomas and Zaire at the top may prove to be as good if not better players. Yes, time will tell, but there is something unsaid here, the kid committed to ND, signed his LOI, and then wants to bolt just weeks after he started the program. Not like the school was on the other coast or something and the story so far has been silent on his reasoning for leaving. Just saying, if he had joined here instead of ND, what do you think we may be talking about...

Gus wasn't going to Miami. He had the Miami offer when he shut down his recruitment. he wasn't planning on any other visits, and wasn't listening to any other schools. He was not going anywhere, even though it is pointless right now.

Gus wasn't going to Miami. He had the Miami offer when he shut down his recruitment. he wasn't planning on any other visits, and wasn't listening to any other schools. He was not going anywhere, even though it is pointless right now.

Yep.

Gus would have bolted to Miami, IMO. He had stated it many times that the Cane's was his dream school, and as soon as they showed the interest late in the game he started waivoring. Larray was Indiana early on and if I remember correctly, always is one of the top track and field schools. It's a mute point anyway as we will really never know if either would have stayed or bolted regardless if DM stayed on. I agree having Sykes would have been huge, but really...how can any of you be dissapointed with last years class at LB and IMO any one of the four with Thomas and Zaire at the top may prove to be as good if not better players. Yes, time will tell, but there is something unsaid here, the kid committed to ND, signed his LOI, and then wants to bolt just weeks after he started the program. Not like the school was on the other coast or something and the story so far has been silent on his reasoning for leaving. Just saying, if he had joined here instead of ND, what do you think we may be talking about...

Manti-Teo-Girlfriend-2.jpg

Maybe he had girlfriend trouble.

Guaranteed that Gus was 100% Syracuse if Marrone stayed.

Laray Smith was Cuse, too.

Don't kid yourself... I speak on very good knowledge of both of their recruitments, as well as EO.