Class of 2014 - Nile Sykes, LB (IL) Offered | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Nile Sykes, LB (IL) Offered

http://www.irishsportsdaily.com/2014/05/28/ready-report-nile-sykes/

Here is an article post graduation for Sykes. All seemed well a month ago but as I mentioned above, he states they wanted him to play safety, or at least it was inferred that was the ask, and maybe the kid had a change of heart. Can't tell me they don't recruit players without saying what position they are being recruited for, and then before he even gets on campus they start the transition phase. Give a kid a chance to play for the position he was recruited for.

i edited my post. 24 / 7 had a little blurb before their article went premium.
How does that work if a kid never enrolls with the university? is this the season he sits out or next as well?

For those in the know, how close were we really to landing Sykes 6 months ago? It felt like in the end it was us vs. ND and ultimately he chose ND, but obviously I'm not totally plugged in and don't know for sure. All I know is Syles could be an absolute BA in our defense.

another potential issue is if this would be considered intra-conference?

jgeorge322 said:
another potential issue is if this would be considered intra-conference?

Better not. They are not in the conference.

They have no conference affiliation at all for football, so unless there is an agreement between them and the ACC about transfers... I just hope not, and I hope we can get this kid, he is a fantastic player.

Conference affiliation doesn't matter with ND. If Sykes is interested we will be involved.

Conference affiliation doesn't matter with ND. If Sykes is interested we will be involved.
I just meant he would have to sit out a longer period of time if ND was treated as a fellow ACC football member when it comes to transfers. Let's hope he is interested!

I just meant he would have to sit out a longer period of time if ND was treated as a fellow ACC football member when it comes to transfers. Let's hope he is interested!

Oh ya i'm not sure how all that would work out. I think if he can get released before the season starts he would be eligible to play this year. Something similar happened with a 5star DT who got his release from ND, and ended up being a huge contributor for UCLA last season.

Are they aware because Sykes reached out to them or because they saw the announcement like us? :cool:

I'd bet the latter. He is still enrolled at ND.

TYLER JAMES South Bend Tribune tjames1@sbtinfo.com SouthBendTribune.com
A source close to freshman linebacker Nile Sykes confirmed with the Tribune Wednesday night earlier reports of a transfer for the 2014 Notre Dame recruit.
Blue and Gold Illlustrated, a member of the 24 7, first reported Sykes’ impending departure from the program. The report, citing unnamed sources, did not identify a reason for the early exit.
Irish Illustrated, a member of the Rovals network, also citing anonymous sources, reported Sykes’ decision didn’t appear final Wednesday morning, but that the linebacker is expected to transfer to another school following summer classes.
Sykes, who reportedly was taking summer classes at Notre Dame, and members of his family did not respond to requests for comment on Wednesday. The only word came from Sykes on Twitter. “I am still currently a Notre Dame student,” Sykes wrote in a since-deleted tweet.
A Notre Dame spokesperson said the university did not have a comment at this time.

TYLER JAMES South Bend Tribune tjames1@sbtinfo.com SouthBendTribune.com
A source close to freshman linebacker Nile Sykes confirmed with the Tribune Wednesday night earlier reports of a transfer for the 2014 Notre Dame recruit.
Blue and Gold Illlustrated, a member of the 24 7, first reported Sykes’ impending departure from the program. The report, citing unnamed sources, did not identify a reason for the early exit.
Irish Illustrated, a member of the Rovals network, also citing anonymous sources, reported Sykes’ decision didn’t appear final Wednesday morning, but that the linebacker is expected to transfer to another school following summer classes.
Sykes, who reportedly was taking summer classes at Notre Dame, and members of his family did not respond to requests for comment on Wednesday. The only word came from Sykes on Twitter. “I am still currently a Notre Dame student,” Sykes wrote in a since-deleted tweet.
A Notre Dame spokesperson said the university did not have a comment at this time.

Did anyone else see the Sy in Sykes and keep thinking that was saying Syracuse?

Did anyone else see the Sy in Sykes and keep thinking that was saying Syracuse?

Yes I did too. Called wishful thinking! Hoping we can get him out of the Midwest

Since he was taking summer classes, I'd have to assume that transferring to another D1 school wouldn't make him eligible until next year.

Since he was taking summer classes, I'd have to assume that transferring to another D1 school wouldn't make him eligible until next year.

thats cool, he woulda red shirted anyway

thats cool, he woulda red shirted anyway

These LB's are studs. I highly doubt Sykes would have red shirted if he came to Syracuse. I'd feel pretty good about him being on the 2 deep.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom