Nine wins | Syracusefan.com

Nine wins

20Plus

Can this team get 8 more for nine wins in conference I'm not so sure?

If we're lucky but must wins--
Boston College twice-3 wins
Pitt twice there's five -5 wins

Where we getting four more? Need to be three year
NC State -6
Wake-7
Georgia Tech -8 wins

Need one out of these three and assume we still lose two out of the three

Florida St-loss #4
Louisville – loss #five

Probably losses 6-9
-NC,Duke, Virginia,Miami

going into the last game of the year with Clemson

8-9 going into Clemson
Ouch

Last edited by a moderator:
lot of season left - team we see now not necessarily the team we'll see in feb/march - but yes, tall order
Right now the team is at an inflection point. Basically half way through the season and teetering on the edge. It could go either way. I can see 4-14 in conference but I can also see them finding a way to go 9-9.

Hopefully they find a way to turn the recent slide around. Could be a rapid descent if they can’t get it fixed by the end of January.

We have to change something. Can JB do that with this roster? What would he realistically try to change? That's the scary part.

We have to change something. Can JB do that with this roster? What would he realistically try to change? That's the scary part.
The answer is no. We knew that going in. When UK got Green and Tucker picked Duke we knew what kind of roster we had. There are only 3 players that can score and create and none of them are good perimeter shooters.

It may not even need 8. Seven more will likely put us on the bubble (of course with no certainty which way we would go). That is the benefit of good OOC metrics.

Not sure if we can get those seven more.

The answer is no. We knew that going in. When UK got Green and Tucker picked Duke we knew what kind of roster we had. There are only 3 players that can score and create and none of them are good perimeter shooters.
Frank has become a good perimeter shooter and TB is certainly adequate (until recently anyway) - but I get your point

Yep, to quote Micheal (he changed the spelling to that) Ray Richardson: "the ship be sinking."

It may not even need 8. Seven more will likely put us on the bubble (of course with no certainty which way we would go). That is the benefit of good OOC metrics.

Not sure if we can get those seven more.

I know conference records are not supposed to matter but 8-10 ACC and I doubt we get in, unless we beat a Duke or UVA. Here we go again, with the bubble crap. Shoot me now.

I know conference records are not supposed to matter but 8-10 ACC and I doubt we get in, unless we beat a Duke or UVA. Here we go again, with the bubble crap. Shoot me now.

upload_2018-1-10_0-27-50.png

You think a team with an RPI of 42 in the ACC would not at least be on the bubble?

But I understand your frustration... another year of just maybe if we get to some underwhelming accomplishment it will be good enough. It's not the Syracuse we want to be.

RPI doesn't matter much. I have a headache. Abort! Abort! Abort!

By itself it shouldn't. And I have been arguing that point when we were at the other end, so someone can call me a hypocrite.

But trends matter. Sometimes it gets so high that its hard to cut you off. I don't remember the last time an ACC school missed with an RPI below 45 missed. We would have just enough a mix of minimum quality wins, just enough road/neutral wins, and a good OOC schedule. Years before we had to get more quality in the ACC to cover our pre-January sins.

NC State -6
Wake-7
Georgia Tech -8 wins

Florida St-loss #4
Louisville – loss #five

Probably losses 6-9
-NC,Duke, Virginia,Miami

8-9 going into Clemson
Ouch

I think we might have trouble getting to 5 wins let alone 9. We have a very limited team. They are scrappers. The more I see of battle the more Im reminded of Todd Burgan.

NC State -6
Wake-7
Georgia Tech -8 wins

Florida St-loss #4
Louisville – loss #five

Probably losses 6-9
-NC,Duke, Virginia,Miami

8-9 going into Clemson
Ouch
Yeah, it's going to be tough. I'm not going to whine about the Wake game. Winnable? Sure. But road wins are tough.

The ND game? That one is going to leave a mark. :(

if we can finish the @ Ga TEch game at 5-4 we still have a chance. The bubble is going to be woeful this year.

We will march to Durham and make Cameron howl

On the bright side, with the exception of the Kansas game we have been highly competitive with everyone tough. I expect we will knock off somebody good at home.

Lots of bad teams on the schedule, but I don't know if we can expect to win all of those games AND pull off an upset or two. The Wake/ND games were wasted opportunities for wins against teams that aren't good (that injured version of ND).

I wasn;t able to see the game last night, but whatever happened must have been devastating because the board is in full on meltdown. Not just a this year meltdown, but existential meltdown. This after one our weaker teams (well acknowledged by our fans, or so I thought) dropped a 7 point game on the road to the #3 team in the country. What happened? Were we up 61 to nothing with 8 minutes left or something??

I wasn;t able to see the game last night, but whatever happened must have been devastating because the board is in full on meltdown. Not just a this year meltdown, but existential meltdown. This after one our weaker teams (well acknowledged by our fans, or so I thought) dropped a 7 point game on the road to the #3 team in the country. What happened? Were we up 61 to nothing with 8 minutes left or something??
srsly

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom