Nit/Ncaa chances | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Nit/Ncaa chances

the conf has 7 teams basically tied. of those 7 we will beaten 2 of them twice and those 2 are ahead of us in the metrics. In theory we might beat Pitt a 3rd time and still have them get in ahead of us with a better record, ahead of them in the ACC, and 3 wins.
I just don't understand teams like Nebraska has much higher NET ratings than us. Nebraska only has played 3 P6 teams, all in the bottom of their conferences. Still NET gives them much higher rankings than us. We have similar conference records.

Too many people are using the past to predict how these next 4 games will go. The ACC is a mess, this team is a mess, and the next 4 teams we play are a mess.

The only thing you can bank on is that ACC home court advantage is huge right now. If I’m Vegas setting the spread I’m giving 7 points up front to the home team then adding the real spread in.

Really good posts above about the ACCT this year. That’s what it was always going to come down to. The seeding is so important. The difference between a 7 and 8 seed is insane. The extra rest and practice will help.

Do we want to play Florida State and go their 12 guys on our 6 def not. Would we love to get a rematch with Virginia or Wake on a neutral court and maybe snag another Q1 probably yea . Am I worried about BC or Ga Tech again on a neutral court prob not. Do we want to play Clemson and their bigs twice in a row which could happen too, definitely not.

We have one of the easiest remaining ACC schedules and 2 home games coming up + Louisville. That’s 20 wins then let’s see how it looks.

Crazy busted play to win that. Like any good person, i love seeing Kentucky lose.

And that LSU team is gonna be higher than us in the Net now lol. From top to bottom I think this year has shown truly how deeply flawed the efficiency driven metrics are. If they are doing it right you should see multiple large numbers in terms of net ranking in the tourney at larges this year as there are some crappy teams with good metrics and solid net rankings.

No way. If we win next 4 we are probably a 5 seed in the acc tournament. That means our 1 win in acc tournament would probably be BC,GT or ND. That one extra win would mean nothing. I honestly think 4-0 and then min 2 games to be considered. Winning 3 games we are in ( 4 is auto bid) .
Legit need to win 7 in a row to be considered.

That's a good point about being the 5 seed, but that would also depend on who the 4 seed was. Oddly our chances of making it might be better going 3-1 and 2-1 than going 4-0 and 1-1.

Friggin Georgia Tech didn't even put up a fight last night.

Based on recent history they have always gotten up for SU when we came to play them down there plus Duke and UNC. Then they fall back into playing like garbage.

Lsu ONIONS! They beat Kentucky. That helps big time.
Not really. I mean, it's better than them losing, but it only improved their NET by 3. They're still 10 spots out of moving from a Q3 to a Q2 win for us.

Syracuse needs to be the streaking team going into the ACCT. If that means 5 out of 6 wins we'll be considered. At some point we need to kinda do something in the ACC Tournament. That's our achilles heel. i'd feel better if we were still in the Big East heading to NYC. It's like adding all these single elimination road games vs home cooking at the Blarney in NYC.

Syracuse needs to be the streaking team going into the ACCT. If that means 5 out of 6 wins we'll be considered. At some point we need to kinda do something in the ACC Tournament. That's our achilles heel. i'd feel better if we were still in the Big East heading to NYC. It's like adding all these single elimination road games vs home cooking at the Blarney in NYC.
We had better teams in the BE. We have done about as good as we should have in the ACC.

Not really. I mean, it's better than them losing, but it only improved their NET by 3. They're still 10 spots out of moving from a Q3 to a Q2 win for us.
Dang, I thought it would be a lot more than just three spots. NET is wild.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom