NIT Selection Show 8:30 ESPNU | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

NIT Selection Show 8:30 ESPNU

For the #1 overall seed we got a much tougher bracket than Cal. Georgia #2 gave UK 2 tough games. Did they have to put another ACC team in with us?

I missed our bracket. I take it we are playing Greensboro. Are they our first game? Who are the teams in our bracket?
Yes Greensboro is first. Then Monmouth or Ole Miss. Other side of bracket has Ga Tech, Indiana, Georgia and Belmont.

That is rigged we should have had UC Irvine... they have 14 losses in the Big West. Worst team should play the best team. Butv they clearly wanted the storyline.

Our bracket seems way harder than Cals

Incorrect. Even in the NCAA tournament, they will put the 16 seed in the area that makes most sense. They would never send a 16 seed cross country unless there was no other choice.

The #1 overall seed often does not get the worst #16.

NIT chair lying through his teeth about that UNCG matchup. What a turd. At least be honest about it.

I would have much rather seen Colorado State as our 4 than Monmouth... Storyline makes it interesting, and it's a fresh team. I welcome Indiana, but I have no interest in seeing Georgia Tech for a third time. I dunno, if it's about getting the kids experience, how about trying to avoid conference opponents playing each other for the third time?

They obviously moved UNCG down to an 8 seed to set it up, but that's the price for JB telling it like it is and in a brash manner. It's the NIT, and we're Syracuse, we ended up here for having a crappy season and have no reason to complain about not getting the easiest bracket in the NIT.

Besides, that game is now far more interesting to us than a regular NIT game, and you better believe if we lose that game Duke, UNC, NC State and Wake fans will be reminding us about it 10 years from now when we play another ACCT in Greensboro.

Also, the committee chair is so full of crap, "We didn't even have that in our minds."

Wow.

Great experience for the UNC greensboro kids. Coming for the dumps/whateverwhocares of North Carolina up north to play in one of college basketballs cathedrals.

I hope we beat them by 80.

There is no bonus and double bonus? What... why did we accept this invitation if we arent even playing by college basketball rules

Wow.

Great experience for the UNC greensboro kids. Coming for the dumps/whateverwhocares of North Carolina up north to play in one of college basketballs cathedrals.

I hope we beat them by 80.
Hope they bring their muckluks.

I hate the rule changes they make for the NIT. Further proves this tournament is a joke if they use this tournament as the guinea pig.

Obviously this is a tournament regardless of the title and we want to win, but do we believe Boeheim does anything different with rotation, defense, etc.?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom