NIT Selection Show 8:30 ESPNU | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

NIT Selection Show 8:30 ESPNU

He said in most years a team that was 18-14 with an rpi of 84 wouldn't be in the discussion, he isn't wrong.

He turned his back on SU after including them in his bracket.

Tool.

He said in most years a team that was 18-14 with an rpi of 84 wouldn't be in the discussion, he isn't wrong.

Correct, but this situation is FAR different than ANY other team with that record. It was rather unique, of a team that took a long time to gel. They were better than multiple teams that made it. Bilas, Vitale, and more strongly thing Cuse deserved to be in. It's not just me and a few others on here who think so. 3 top ten wins, and our ACC record deserves to get us in.

Does the NIT allow beer vending?

...asking for a friend
No. And the tickets are cheap and a lot of people come who ordinarily don't get a chance to. There are very few commercials and the environment is a lot of fun. The year we were screwed (not this year) I think 20,000+ showed up.

Except the blizzard thing. That might keep people away . . . .

No. And the tickets are cheap and a lot of people come who ordinarily don't get a chance to. There are very few commercials and the environment is a lot of fun. The year we were screwed (not this year) I think 20,000+ showed up.

Except the blizzard thing. That might keep people away . . . .

Do you rhink 5-8 inches they are projecting will stop hardy central new yorkers?!?!? If they dont come, I think it will be other reasons than snow. Lack of enthusiasm, and/or the ban on beer are some of the other reasons than the hype about 5-8 inches of snow that the locals have endured much worse. Students that arent in school will be even less likely to show up than usual, the ones that arent local, anyhow. Regular fans, I think are different.

We are supposed to get the storm of the century.
The thing that is really irritating is that they are predicting 10 inches, perhaps. That is NOTHING! I am not saying there aren't troubles when it starts to snow, especially at the very beginning when it is slick, but when I first moved here people just went to work and school when it snowed like it was nuthin. I can easily get to the game on Tuesday but perhaps a lot of people who would love to come will stay home and then it will be a Dead Dome and that ain't good. Our kids need to have a good crowd. The crowd needs to have a good crowd!

Captain, it's back to that "energy" thing.

The upper total of snow is for the whole day, and I checked on wunderground.com which shows it is going beyond midnight. So that upper total is not going to be reached until midnight, and fans will have left the Dome long before that!

Well, I'm in. Blizzard or not, just bought a pair. 108 Row DD. Will be cool to sit that close for a change, I suppose. Yea, the NIT blows, but if we're in it, we might as well try to win it. See ya there!

You all better get to this game. This is our team, our school, Orange always. I don't want to hear things about they could have won another game. It is what it is...just support the program. I would be there, no question. If the women some how get home advantage (and I have been told this evening there is one possible scenario where this happens because of another school not having their facilities available) I will be at the second game. So get me there at least. Although with the expected weather I would rather the women play in Austin, TX or someplace warm I would like to visit. It was 88 degrees today. Not really in the mood for 30s.

Well, I'm in. Blizzard or not, just bought a pair. 108 Row DD. Will be cool to sit that close for a change, I suppose. Yea, the NIT blows, but if we're in it, we might as well try to win it. See ya there!

I appreciate your epic confidence, and what some nancies on here would see as an epic/bold move. I honestly think the weather wont be a big deal at tipoff, and far from some of the things CNY has endured in the past. This is just media hype, and I shut down a friend who posted some Post Standard hype story link. I put my money where my mouth is too, even though I live too far to drive to the games in my current situation.

The best part about your post, is that I enjoy things with DD in them, and I think i may bring you luck! ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom