NLI signing day Feb 3rd, where do things stand? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

NLI signing day Feb 3rd, where do things stand?

There will probably be more transfers after spring ball that will open up additional scholarships. Guys will see where they stand and decide to move on.
Where will they transfer to? The portal is full of kids still trying to transfer to another school. My guess is that most of the SU kids that are going to transfer have already declared.

The navy kid I think is down to Duke and northwestern but home state school miss st lots of pressure to shun the academics and stay home now.

Where will they transfer to? The portal is full of kids still trying to transfer to another school. My guess is that most of the SU kids that are going to transfer have already declared.
Your thinking with reason which a lot of 18 to 22 year olds do not.

There will probably be more transfers after spring ball that will open up additional scholarships. Guys will see where they stand and decide to move on.

how would kids leaving open up additional scholarships? What’s the timing when they can fill those spots?

Your thinking with reason which a lot of 18 to 22 year olds do not.
With Seniors with no more eligibility are being granted another year there is less room for transfers. It's all about the numbers.

how would kids leaving open up additional scholarships? What’s the timing when they can fill those spots?
I believe they can fill spots, if they choose, all the way until Fall camp.

But they don't count against the 85.
They don't count towards the 85 but the schools are still paying for them. And if they have enough players why use all the spots in the class when they can save them for the following year to backdate some earlies.

What happens if Adams and Howard return? What do our numbers look like? They are both back on campus.

What happens if Adams and Howard return? What do our numbers look like? They are both back on campus.
That would make the count 60 returning, not counting the seniors with no more eligibility, 19 signed and one transfer. 80 without those seniors,

I believe they can fill spots, if they choose, all the way until Fall camp.

it doesn’t open up more spots beyond the 25 new players, correct?

it doesn’t open up more spots beyond the 25 new players, correct?
25 total for the underclassmen/2021 class but 85 total scholarships. Grad transfers don't count towards the 25.

25 total for the underclassmen/2021 class but 85 total scholarships. Grad transfers don't count towards the 25.
You know, it would make it easier for all of us if you just used the above as your signature for the next few months. You are one of the few who can keep the numbers straight!

That would leave 3 spots.
No. There has been some attrition on returnees since the thread started. It will be 4 spots if Moss signs next week.

SU has had too many non-players on the roster that hurts our depth. They need to make it clear to the players who are not cut out to play in the ACC.

SU has had too many non-players on the roster that hurts our depth. They need to make it clear to the players who are not cut out to play in the ACC.
I pretty certain the staff is upfront and brutally honest with the players about where they likely fit in the program. But, I don't think they would push anybody out the door.

Try it again. With Howard 59 returnees, 19 signed and one transfer. 79.

I pretty certain the staff is upfront and brutally honest with the players about where they likely fit in the program. But, I don't think they would push anybody out the door.
I agree they wouldn’t push them out, but they need to be very clear that the portal is their future.