NLI signing day Feb 3rd, where do things stand? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

NLI signing day Feb 3rd, where do things stand?

I agree they wouldn’t push them out, but they need to be very clear that the portal is their future.
I hear you, hoops. All I'm saying is that I'm certain they are crystal clear about communicating their vision of the player's future during the end of the year player evaluations.

25 total for the underclassmen/2021 class but 85 total scholarships. Grad transfers don't count towards the 25.
Suppose the grad transfer has multiple years of eligibility remaining though. Still not counting towards the 25, but counts for the 85, right?

2 slots still open? Is my math correct after Jakub and Simmons?

2 slots still open? Is my math correct after Jakub and Simmons?
Three. Two if Moss signs.

Fifty-eight returning. Twenty two signed.

Three more spots in the class. Five to make the 85 total.

Three. Two if Moss signs.

Fifty-eight returning. Twenty two signed.

Three more spots in the class. Five to make the 85 total.
Does Jordan in the portal count as one of the 85 for now?

I'd take a CB if one's available... Maybe a DT/OT from the poundable portal...

So one scholly is going to Simmons Jr. I think the remaining two will go to Moss (if they still think he can make it) and then the OT.

Might be looking at landing a transfer QB, two transfer OL, and a transfer S/CB all together in this offseason.

Last edited:
So one scholly is going to Simmons Jr. I think the remaining two will go to Moss (if they still think he can make it) and then the OT.

Might be looking at landing a transfer QB, two transfer OL, and a transfer S/CB all together in this offseason.
I'm not sure we take more than two more to fill out the class. With six seniors returning with the free year, and although they don't count towards the 85, the university still has to pay for them just as if they were still on scholarship.