NO 16TH MEMBER! | Syracusefan.com

NO 16TH MEMBER!

Nick44

All Conference
The key right now is no 16th member for basketball only. That tells you that the ACC is hopeful that in time ND becomes a FULLTIME ACC member thus allowing them to invite 1 more fulltime school to get to 16.

If ACC invited St Johns or Georgetown now, then no way does the league think it will ever secure ND as a full member because then they would have to invite a full member thus bringing the number of basketball schools to 17.

They would obviously want ND to be a full time member at some point. But in reality, they're not adding anyone else because it doesn't make any sense. People are so tied up in the 16 #, that they think everything is some kind of long term plan to get there. Why? What do you gain? An even # divisible by 4? No remainders! Just another mouth to feed that doesn't increase the value enough to pay for itself (like ND does).

If ND becomes a full time member (I'm not expecting this in my lifetime, and I would like to think I have a long way to go), why not just stick with 15 teams? Make 3 divisions. I can't imagine the NCAA will throw a fit at still having a conf championship game just because it's not at least 2 divisions of 6 teams each. Two best teams can still play in a Conf Championship, you can make any tiebreaker rules you like.

There is no financial incentive to add 16. How could any of the presidents justify adding a school like Rutgers to their BOT. Lets divvy up the pool a bit more by adding Rutgers. Yea, that convo would go over well. RU, Uconn, and Lville are all sorts of screwed.

Good move to keep 15 for basketball and 14 for football. No need to throw a 15th member in for football and throw another wrench into scheduling. Well done, all around

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom