(no) Cuffe last night | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

(no) Cuffe last night

I hear you but it is difficult to jump to conclusions without knowing the rest of the story. If Red and the coaches are trying to take charge of a team very close to revolting then some tough calls need to be made. They made one with Bennie so why stop now? I do not like what it is doing to our game results but we must play as a team coached by the team. The inmates can not run the team
I don’t know if Red gets the leash that JB does when it comes to being secret about that kind of stuff.

If he is being punished it must be something grievous. You would think that if you're moving forward

with 8 or 9 players you would want them all onboard. If coach is making a statement, its incredibly weak

against a player who seemingly hustles and does what he's being asked to do. It's easy to go after a player

playing a few minutes a game.
Coaches decision needs to limit Taylor's minutes. He brings nothing to the game.
His time on the floor is a disaster.

I think some of you are overthinking this. Bell and Starling's scoring have picked up, Copeland has emerged as a passer in addition to being more explosive and Bell has had some very good defensive moments as of late. At Cuffe's size he obviously isn't going to help with rebounding. Who's he going to come in for and in what situation?

Red took a flyer on Cuffe hoping he could recover the explosiveness that led Kansas to bring him on a few years ago before he got hurt. I suppose it's possible something's going on behind the scenes but I don't find it that strange that he hasn't played.

cuffe does a bettter job giving the team waht red claims taylor gives the team, imo

guessing cuffe must be getting the talk this offseason

if red would rather go with 6 man rotation than play kyle

I think some of you are overthinking this. Bell and Starling's scoring have picked up, Copeland has emerged as a passer in addition to being more explosive and Bell has had some very good defensive moments as of late. At Cuffe's size he obviously isn't going to help with rebounding. Who's he going to come in for and in what situation?

Red took a flyer on Cuffe hoping he could recover the explosiveness that led Kansas to bring him on a few years ago before he got hurt. I suppose it's possible something's going on behind the scenes but I don't find it that strange that he hasn't played.
A) You give Judah and JJ rest. Both are playing way too many mins
B) You give him JTs mins and can play Cope more mins at F

Dog house
welcome to le chateau roberson. we hope you enjoy your stay.

OIP.bj81GIyurRHVTOoCim0UngHaGo.jpeg

Dog house
Lack of effort? It seems his game is based on athleticism and his body doesn't look like he puts much effort into maximizing athleticism.

With how bad we’ve got played plus the lack of depth - there has to be more to why he’s not playing
Exactly. If Cuffe was simply not practicing well or hustling he would still be getting at least a couple of minutes per game to give a starter a short break.

Looks heavy to me. I've seen him soar to the rim and come up short a few times. He is ridiculously athletic compared to me but not compared to his high school highlights
Which makes me wonder if he isn't still injured, or unable to fully recover.

Since AA confirmed he is not injured, and that it's a coach's decision (which I think that ruled out it being some sort of academic issue), then it's down to match up necessity or him not practicing well or not giving efforts where the coaches demanded. What else could it be?

Not good enough for me, sorry. We essentially played 6 guys and basically only 5 that could produce.

Need a better answer than that or I’m calling out coaching.
You don’t need a better answer. That’s coach speak for none of your business. It’s obviously some internal matter, which makes it none of our business.
The sense of entitlement some fans have is obnoxious and unhealthy.

Which makes me wonder if he isn't still injured, or unable to fully recover.
The insinuation of the previous poster is that he didn't commit enough to S&C in the off season, or, perhaps, his lingering issues prevented him from putting in the full effort. Either way, he might still regain his explosiveness after another year.

I didn't think Cuffe would play much at all this year, given his injury circumstances and time off. He's played more than I thought he would, although the depth circumstances have changed given McLeod, Westry and Williams being unavailable. Still, our guards are out deepest position group... Cuffe would only be giving a starter a few minutes rest per half, between the 12 and 8 timeouts, ideally.

Defense is half the game. He needs to play.

Coaches decision needs to limit Taylor's minutes. He brings nothing to the game.
His time on the floor is a disaster.
Dont let Taylor shoot unless it is an open dunk or layup. He is not even close on his wide open looks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom