No Defensive Intensity | Syracusefan.com

No Defensive Intensity

SaltLakeOrange

All Conference
These kids are getting embarrassed by 2 five foot guards who are shredding the zone in the second half. Terrible...I'll tell you what, if we play like this against Michigan, we lose by 20...

I don't care about the score...I care about the lapses...we should beat Holy Cross by at least 20 every time...

Some here never seem to be able to give it a rest. Young teams loose intensity and concentration for chunks of the game . . . . . . even our best teams did this. Other than the shooting this game was a substantial improvement from what we saw two days ago against much better competition. If we ever start making shots and keep improving we will be very good.

"Young teams loose intensity and concentration for chunks of the game . . . . . ." Jordoo, this team was 0-14 from 3 tonight. More than large chunks with this crew.

"Young teams loose intensity and concentration for chunks of the game . . . . . ." Jordoo, this team was 0-14 from 3 tonight. More than large chunks with this crew.

I'm talking about the defense to start the 2nd. We've been shooting poorly for 6 games.

I thought it was perhaps the best I've seen the team play so far. There was more cohesion except for the first part of the second half, when we went brain dead. And I thought we DID play with intensity. It is distressing about the poor jump shooting altogether. I think we only made 5 jump shots the entire game. Still, the team gave the crowd a few things to jump up and cheer about and we did. I don't remember doing that much at all for the first 5 home games. Christmas was very much fun to watch. BJ had some good blocked shots. hustled on defense, and had a nice slam. Then he may have worn down a little. I believe Boeheim played him the entire first half.

In the second half both BJ and Silent G (who had an awful game as far as I remember) made defensive mistakes and Coach couldn't decide who he was more mad at. He kept pulling them out and putting them in. The crowd got extremely excited when the walk ons came in, especially the transfer from Monmouth. "We" and by "we" I mean "everyone but me" wanted them to hit 75 for tacos but the kids couldn't just muster it up, and our stats took a horrific downward plunge in the last 90 seconds of the game. Still, it was the most energetic I've seen the crowd yet this year.

The bad karma with the seats behind us continued this game. About 6 minutes into the second half, four very drunk middle aged women came staggering in. They began shrieking at the top of their lungs - I believe it was meant to be laughter - and could do nothing but talk about their kids who were sitting in Section 124. "Do you see them? Make them wave! EEEEEE HEE HEE HEE HEE! See, they're over by that guy in orange. No! There's a gray guy and then there's a guy with his leg stuck out. EEEEEEEE HEE HEE HEE HEE!"

After six minutes ( we were counting) they got up and left to go back to Club 44. I merrily waved them off and said loudly, "Thank you, god, thank you!" The people behind the drunks had eyes as big as saucers. One said, "Why does god hate us?" Why indeed?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom