No Divisions and 3-5-5 Model Starting Next Season | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

No Divisions and 3-5-5 Model Starting Next Season

Anyone but Louisville. Yay!

BC got Miami.
We got FSU.
Pitt got V Tech.

Advantage BC (for recruiting).

GT or UVa would have been ideal but at least they didn’t totally bone us this time around.

UL got UVa, GT and UM. That Gould help them recruiting wise.

The best thing is we play all those teams in the Coastal way more often. It should make the ACC feel like a real conference for the first time.

This couldn't have worked out better for Syracuse. Keep 2 northeast rivals each year, and get to have a Florida school on your schedule each year.

Much rather have FSU over WF, NC, UVA, NC State, Louisville...etc.

AWESOME NEWS!

that would be a crazy hard schedule.. Clemson might not be 2025 though, its a 4 yr cycle to play everyone maybe they dont put us there that yr.

at Clemson it is...

FWWOgi_WYAAR6H0

FWWOktRX0AIYorZ

Not bad at all. Clemson ended up with exactly who I thought as divisional opponents...

This is am insanely good away tailgate schedule in 2023

Away – Florida State, Georgia Tech, North Carolina, Virginia Tech

I hope to setup something for 3 of them

Throw in @Purdue

Can't say I ever saw 5 great trips like this.

I’m devastated we didn’t get Miami and BC did. They have cucked us so hard in the ACC joining first making us play in the half we should have been in getting VT ass crossover and now this. F them.

Are we happy about getting FSU as a cross opponent? Probably would have preferred a weaker opponent in NC State or Wake or something.
After Miami they are the best bet for sure. We play well against them in general. I just wish it was Miami instead.

They have the potential to be the toughest team in the conference though I think Clemson’s run is over FSU with it’s act together won’t lose many ACC games.

Some surprises there.

UVA got screwed getting stuck with Louisville. IMO it makes more sense for all 4 schools if we swap FSU for UVA.

Duke loses both GT and UVA for NC State.

VT lost Miami for Wake. Can't beat that 0-0 rivalry. Louisville and VT seem like a good match. Why not swap with UVA, giving them Wake?

It'll be interesting to see if/how they change our "3" in 2027.

I thoroughly enjoy my trips to Tallahassee, I am excited about Florida State

I wish they would have split BC and Pitt home and away. Happy that we do not have 2 roadies to NC in any year. 2023 stinks having both FSU and GT on the road as long trips. Wish they were split. 2024 wish we didn't have both FSU and Miami at home. Will be even worse if GT gets their spit together by then. Also wish in 2025 we didn't have both Clemson and FSU on the road. That also gives us no Name team at home that year. 2026 is probably the easiest fan travel games.

H BC, Clemson, Pitt, Wake
A FSU, GT, UNC, VT

H Duke, FSU, GT, Miami
A BC, Louisville, NC State, Pitt

H BC, UNC, Pitt, VT
A Clemson, FSU, UVA, Wake

H FSU, Louisville, NC State, UVA
A BC, Duke, Miami, Pitt

Did John push for FSU over Miami or did BC have more influence? Happy we're not stuck with UL but disgusted that BC got the better draw. The way I see it Miami and FSU both are capable of becoming powerhouses again... and Miami was an old Big East member.

Last edited:
This couldn't have worked out better for Syracuse. Keep 2 northeast rivals each year, and get to have a Florida school on your schedule each year.

Much rather have FSU over WF, NC, UVA, NC State, Louisville...etc.

AWESOME NEWS!
FSU makes no sense for me. Va Tech or Miami seemed a much more logical fit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom