No game thread for Pitt yet? This is the game thread | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

No game thread for Pitt yet? This is the game thread

If Cooney is hurt it makes no sense to play him 40. Zero Nads zlitch. Patterson roamed the baseline and Kaleb can slash. If the kid is unhealthy this is a Captain Ahab-Moby Dick obsession if he plays 40.
Today Cooney is providing no offense and even less defense.

If Cooney is hurt it makes no sense to play him 40. Zero Nads zlitch. Patterson roamed the baseline and Kaleb can slash. If the kid is unhealthy this is a Captain Ahab-Moby Dick obsession if he plays 40.

It's the most bullshh thing I've seen in [24] years

We need big boy wide bodies, we got killed at UNC and we are getting killed 2x by Pitt. The finesse days in the ACC seem to be over. Every team has stocky big guys pushing us around with impunity..

The last 3 minutes of the 1st half seems to always be a problem for us. Pitt out scored us 11-2 over the last 3 minutes. Last play, Pitt's best 3 point shooter...nobody near him. Terrible D. Do we have a scouting report? Does anyone pay attention to it? Probably down too much to be able to win the game. That last 3 minutes was the killer that turned the game. Our 3 pt defense has stunk all year.

If we keep rebounding this well we will win this game. Pitt can only score if they hit 3's or grab offensive rebounds for putbacks. G will get going in the 2nd half and we will score we just need to keep Pitt off the offensive glass and we will win unless they make miracle 3's.

Trevor's hurt. Don't understand why he's playing. Looks like Gerry against a&m in 06.

We need big boy wide bodies, we got killed at UNC and we are getting killed 2x by Pitt. The finesse days in the ACC seem to be over. Every team has stocky big guys pushing us around with impunity..

It's more of the talent we have in those bodies. We seemed to have done a pretty okay job back in the days of the rough Big East.

The patterson kaleb BJ combo might just be fine for this one. Cooneys inability to close out up top has really hurt.

Trevor's hurt. Don't understand why he's playing. Looks like Gerry against a&m in 06.
The coaches took GMac out of that game though. Don't tell me hell even Christian White can't play in an emergency which this is if Cooney is hurt. Cooney playing right now is hurting the team if he is hurt.

It's more of the talent we have in those bodies. We seemed to have done a pretty okay job back in the days of the rough Big East.

Not vs pitt we didn't even with much more talent than them. They bloody up the game and it just is crappy basketball. It will never get them to a final four or attract bigtime classes. They will forever only have the regular season as their big dance.

The coaches took GMac out of that game though. Don't tell me hell even Christian White can't play in an emergency which this is if Cooney is hurt. Cooney playing right now is hurting the team if he is hurt.

Yeah and we need to play for the future.

If we keep rebounding this well we will win this game. Pitt can only score if they hit 3's or grab offensive rebounds for putbacks. G will get going in the 2nd half and we will score we just need to keep Pitt off the offensive glass and we will win unless they make miracle 3's.
Not unless somebody can hit a few from the outside. This is one of our atrocious shooting games. Cooney is in full tank mode. The offense is just forcing the ball into Rak and an occassional G drive. Pitt will pack it in the 2nd half and shut that down as they did the last 3 minutes of the 1 st half unless we start making something from the perimeter.

Of the 30+ FT's were going to shoot today, how many makes do we need to win?

This is the biggest problem I have with Boeheim: there is never a plan b. Doesn't matter what we're talking about, if things don't go according to plan, we rarely have (let alone try) a different approach.

And I wouldn't count on the fouls disparity, which is the only thing keeping us in it. Rarely is it ever so one-sided for the entirety of the game, regardless of the goonery of one team. The refs will even things out.

Or... Just buss kaleb BJ combo.

I crunched the numbers, and we've been outscored 8 million to zero in the first 2 minutes of the second half this season.

Another bad second half start?

Seems like we've had poor finishes to the 1st half and starts of the 2nd quite a bit this year.

Also, Rak is really struggling today. Thought that he was back on track after the Louisville game, but I guess not

I crunched the numbers, and we've been outscored 8 million to zero in the first 2 minutes of the second half this season.

Wow it's closer than I thought

Seems like we've had poor finishes to the 1st half and starts of the 2nd quite a bit this year.

Also, Rak is really struggling today. Thought that he was back on track after the Louisville game, but I guess not
It's not easy when you are doubled 99% of the time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxfan516

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom