No Majority for UConn or Ville from ACC | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

No Majority for UConn or Ville from ACC

WV is NEVER going to be invited to tha ACC.

You already said that here.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

not sure how reliable it is but theres a poster,westmc9th , on csnbbs board that says this:

Funny that JerseyGUY tweeted about this right after i found out about it. One of my buddies said a vote was taken everyone that was voted upon (3 schools) came up short BUT Louisville was extremely close to getting in by one or two votes, another vote will be had this week

Cincy
From what I understood is that Navy, USF and two other unnamed schools were mentioned as having called the ACC or reached out in some manner, but not voted on. Several members like the idea of Navy, but no vote was taken.
in response to who was the 3rd vote taken on.

The team that the ACC should be working on, that could start to straighten this mess out, is WVU.

If, as arb says, Louisville has an academics problem, WFVU has an academics problem too.

If, as arb says, Louisville has an academics problem, WFVU has an academics problem too.

Its obvious Lville ams WVU would have academic problems getting in. Academics have been discussed ad nauseum. The ACC needs to get over that.

Its obvious Lville ams WVU would have academic problems getting in. Academics have been discussed ad nauseum. The ACC needs to get over that.

Why?

not sure how reliable it is but theres a poster,westmc9th , on csnbbs board that says this:

in response to who was the 3rd vote taken on.

I wonder who the 2 unnamed schools were...if they weren't voted on, probably similar profile to USF or worse.

Maybe this is a crazy thought. But what if the ACC presidents accepted L'ville as a member under a contingency plan? Improve your academic standing by such and such a date after admittance, or else risk losing a portion of your payout, etc. That would give them a major incentive to improve their standards.

L'ville is begging to get out of the Big East and likely would accept some sort of contingency if it meant irrelevance due to being left out. They have no leverage at all, the ACC holds all the chips in that regard.

Unconn and cincy are desperation from acc pov. Patience can pay off here. At the end of the day there will likely be either five 16 team super conferences or four 20 teamers. We will be a part of one of them. Everyone needs to relax.

From what I am hearing...there is an academic issue with Louisville on tobacco road; a BC issue and football issue with FSU and Clemson with Uconn...there has been no definitive NO from Notre DAME...that is why Navy being considered and may partner with a bball school...Notre Dame is a win for both academics and sports..otherwise getting voted in is going to be tough...additionally, Cincy is making a major push as you know...Cincy actually has the academic ranking as well as a good athletic ranking recently...so everything is on a somewhat hold for more discussions...going to be a roller coaster ride...hang on!

If the ACC goes down that Navy with BB school, who are you hearing would be the BB school? I would assume Georgetown, but I imagine it could also be Villanova.

If the ACC goes down that Navy with BB school, who are you hearing would be the BB school? I would assume Georgetown, but I imagine it could also be Villanova.

There will be no "basketball schools." This would surely send FSU, Clemson and probably 4 or 5 other schools running from the ACC as it would signal that the BE Virus has clearly infected the host. I would hope that SU would be one of those schools if this scenario ever emerged.

according to a louisville poster on csnbbs board :

Rumor is that UVa, UNC & WF are the no Louisville votes...UConnas of right now has longer odds...it may or may not get wrkd out.

The ACC needs to get over that.

Absolutely correct. If you want to be a big boy, you can let a couple of class clowns in the conference. For god sakes, FSU is in the conference.

There will be no "basketball schools." This would surely send FSU, Clemson and probably 4 or 5 other schools running from the ACC as it would signal that the BE Virus has clearly infected the host. I would hope that SU would be one of those schools if this scenario ever emerged.

they already have the basketball school notre dame

Absolutely correct. If you want to be a big boy, you can let a couple of class clowns in the conference. For god sakes, FSU is in the conference.
according to a louisville poster on csnbbs board :

Thanks for the info, been dying for details on the votes. But it seems pretty absurd that Duke is a yes for L'Ville...

UL and Cincy do not make the ACC a big boy though. If anything they make the ACC look like a lessor conference. So why let them in?

UL and Cincy do not make the ACC a big boy though. If anything they make the ACC look like a lessor conference. So why let them in?

The only thing that makes you a big boy is winning and none of the ACC teams have really been doing that.

Cincy I agree. If we invite them, just invite USF and UCF and get it all over with.

Louisville has a big boy athletic department and would eventually have Clemson type support in a conference like the ACC.
Louisville is a true athletic brand name. They are the obvious pick to me. If UNC/UVA/FSU/Clemson hang in there, Louisville upgrades the league from an athletic perspective over Maryland. The question is whether or not the presidents are going to let in the dumb kid. I would let him in.

Cincy I agree. If we invite them, just invite USF and UCF and get it all over with.

Louisville has a big boy athletic department and would eventually have Clemson type support in a conference like the ACC.
Louisville is a true athletic brand name. They are the obvious pick to me. If UNC/UVA/FSU/Clemson hang in there, Louisville upgrades the league from an athletic perspective over Maryland. The question is whether or not the presidents are going to let in the dumb kid. I would let him in.

Here are the questions that should be asked:

-Does UL put significantly more money in everyone's pockets vs UConn or Navy? In all likelihood they bring less.
-Does UL fit the school profile of the other schools both on and off the field? Are they a like minded school? That answer is no way.
-Does UL make ACC FB significantly better than UConn or Navy? I think they are better and have the most potential, but UL is not going to garner the ACC a bunch of respect.
-Will UL be committed to the ACC or are they just here to be paid? Wouldn't they be the most poachable ACC team?

I look at those and see NO Louisville. UL does not move the needle. As a fan I rather see UL out of the choices by far. But from a business fit and academic fit they should not be in the ACC.

Here are the questions that should be asked:

-Does UL put significantly more money in everyone's pockets vs UConn or Navy? In all likelihood they bring less.
-Does UL fit the school profile of the other schools both on and off the field? Are they a like minded school? That answer is no way.
-Does UL make ACC FB significantly better than UConn or Navy? I think they are better and have the most potential, but UL is not going to garner the ACC a bunch of respect.
-Will UL be committed to the ACC or are they just here to be paid? Wouldn't they be the most poachable ACC team?

I look at those and see NO Louisville. UL does not move the needle. As a fan I rather see UL out of the choices by far. But from a business fit and academic fit they should not be in the ACC.

If you are looking for schools that can compete, and raise the football profile of the conference in the long term, then you take Louisville. At some point, a conference needs to stop concerning itself so much with "markets" and start adding programs that have brand names and facilities that are destined to raise the football profile of the conference. No one talks about markets in the SEC. Because they play ridiculous football. We need to start worrying about playing better football. If we do, the money will follow.

Navy? Come on now. Thats just small time.