No Majority for UConn or Ville from ACC | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

No Majority for UConn or Ville from ACC

If you are looking for schools that can compete, and raise the football profile of the conference in the long term, then you take Louisville. At some point, a conference needs to stop concerning itself so much with "markets" and start adding programs that have brand names and facilities that are destined to raise the football profile of the conference. No one talks about markets in the SEC. Because they play ridiculous football. We need to start worrying about playing better football. If we do, the money will follow.

Navy? Come on now. Thats just small time.

I agree that the ACC needs to raise its FB profile. And I agree that you get there with FB brands and by winning. My point is only ND accomplishes this. Louisville does not raise the FB profile. They do not have a FB brand. At best the ACC would be hoping that they could program build. You really think that UL football is destined for great things? That they will raise the bar and change the public perception that the ACC is a BBall league? Adding UL is like adding another NC St in FB. Is that better than adding another Wake (UConn)? Yes in isolation. But when you take in all the other factors, that answer is no.

If UL had Boise St like success since the time they joined the BE, then it would be a no brainer to add them. They would accomplish what you wrote. But that isn't the case.

Absolutely correct. If you want to be a big boy, you can let a couple of class clowns in the conference. For god sakes, FSU is in the conference.
That is rich: UNC worried about academics.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

I agree that the ACC needs to raise its FB profile. And I agree that you get there with FB brands and by winning. My point is only ND accomplishes this. Louisville does not raise the FB profile. They do not have a FB brand. At best the ACC would be hoping that they could program build. You really think that UL football is destined for great things? That they will raise the bar and change the public perception that the ACC is a BBall league? Adding UL is like adding another NC St in FB. Is that better than adding another Wake (UConn)? Yes in isolation. But when you take in all the other factors, that answer is no.

If UL had Boise St like success since the time they joined the BE, then it would be a no brainer to add them. They would accomplish what you wrote. But that isn't the case.

If LVille was taken by the Big 12 it would have limited the ACC options. The only other conference option for UConn is the B1G and they are going to test out their shiny new Rutgers toy first. The B1G doesn't really want UConn and neither does the ACC. UConn will be end of game filler for one or the other.

The BC thing with UConn just won't seem to go away.

Why?

Because BC knows darn well that UConn is - or will be - better than them in just about every sport with the exception of hockey. It's one of the biggest reasons why BC left for the ACC. BC has huge problems earning support in the Boston area. It's just not a college sports town, unless you're talking hockey. BC is terribly threatened by UConn.

Yet so many people here and across the ACC seem to think that UConn is a suspect choice for the ACC.

BC may actually benefit from UConn joining the ACC. It would give BC a natural rival, along with Syracuse, and probably help beef up interest in football and basketball. I tend to think that many BC fans are disinterested with a number of the ACC matchups.

Yes, UConn may do well, but I'm tired of being in conferences that build up nobody schools at our expense. Haven't you had enough of that?

Absolutely correct. If you want to be a big boy, you can let a couple of class clowns in the conference. For god sakes, FSU is in the conference.

I totally agree. But on the other hand, look at the problems FSU is causing them now !!!

I disagree. Louisville has been a pretty good 2nd tier football team for 30 years now. They've made 16 bowls for goodness sake, and have beaten some pretty good teams in those games, not crapola schools. They practically lived in the Liberty Bowl for a while, and they bring a good number of visitors to any bowl game they play in.

I disagree. Louisville has been a pretty good 2nd tier football team for 30 years now. They've made 16 bowls for goodness sake, and have beaten some pretty good teams in those games, not crapola schools. They practically lived in the Liberty Bowl for a while, and they bring a good number of visitors to any bowl game they play in.

hey, UConn brought 4 fans to the Fiesta Bowl

sigh, sorry townie but if the ACC had just grabbed rutgers last month or whatever, maryland would likely still be in the ACC or there would be no need to go dreg fishing for theyd now be at 14.
people don't see the conflict between not wanting nearby schools for recruiting reasons but also not wanting some farflung geographical mess of a conference

really hard to have both.

Louisville has played in 11 bowl games, including 9 straight. They were twice ranked as high as #6 (2004 and 2006). They do have some history, with Howard Schnellenberger and Lee Corso coaching them in the past.

UConn has a total of 3 bowl wins, and 2 of those were against Buffalo and Toledo.
History as in Johnny U, the original Johnny football.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2