No news on Grant is good news! | Syracusefan.com

No news on Grant is good news!

It was obvious that Ennis already had his mind up to go pro. No word on Grant has to tell us his mind isn't made up yet. That has to bold well for us!
Jake also posted in the next year's starting lineup thread, and it included Grant. I took that as a hint!

Jeremy L. said:
I bet he says he goes pro on April Fool's Day, and then say April Fools and returns.

He's a fool if he doesn't return.

Duh! Guess I was thinking about my taxes huh? :rolling:
nah, the 15th is the "faux" deadline the ncaa has put in place - actually it's the deadline for someone like Ennis who's already declared to withdraw.
27th is the "real" nba deadline

Isn't his family big on getting a college degree?

Also, I'm sure the Grants aren't as pressed for money as many other kids are. It's not like Jerami is the savior to get the Grants out of poverty. That plays a big role in many kids decisions.

He can always go back and get his degree. And even though he comes from money, it's not his money.

It was obvious that Ennis already had his mind up to go pro. No word on Grant has to tell us his mind isn't made up yet. That has to bold well for us!

Absolutely Ennis knew he was going. What I don't particularly care for is saying after the loss to Dayton, that he hadn't given any thought whatsoever of turning pro (yeah right!) and less than 5 days later he's gone. MCW pretty much said the same thing after our loss to Michigan last year in the FF. Why not just keep it real and say something along the lines...I'll will be making a final decision on that in the near future, etc., etc. Just own it for Pete's sake...

He can always go back and get his degree. And even though he comes from money, it's not his money.
True, but many kids make the decision to jump to the NBA as a way of supporting their family (and unfortunately their hanger-on friends/associates). I don't see that as being a factor in Grant's decision.

True, but many kids make the decision to jump to the NBA as a way of supporting their family (and unfortunately their hanger-on friends/associates). I don't see that as being a factor in Grant's decision.

I think he's coming back. I just wanted an excuse to post the Simpsons clip.

Isn't his family big on getting a college degree?

Also, I'm sure the Grants aren't as pressed for money as many other kids are. It's not like Jerami is the savior to get the Grants out of poverty. That plays a big role in many kids decisions.

So let's agree its purely about development.

One thing the Grants should know a better than others is how young players with the right attitude develop in the NBA. They may also be better to assess how Jerami will react to the NBA life.

I don't know what they will choose, but it's silly to reach the conclusion that Syracuse is always better than the NBA for player development. It probably depends on the individual.

So let's agree its purely about development.

One thing the Grants should know a better than others is how young players with the right attitude develop in the NBA. They may also be better to assess how Jerami will react to the NBA life.

I don't know what they will choose, but it's silly to reach the conclusion that Syracuse is always better than the NBA for player development. It probably depends on the individual.
I think development plays a part but its more about putting him in the right position. If he was a guaranteed Top 10 pick he'd probably be gone, at least he should after watching the McAdoo debacle. He's not though. He's a mid-late first round pick with consensus that after being the man at Cuse for a year he could definitely be a high Lottery pick. From a purely financial standpoint and developmental reasons he should come back.

Ennis is a different story whereas maybe he does need another year, maybe he doesn't but he's probably not increasing his draft stock too much by coming back and consensus is that he's a Lottery Pick.

I'm pretty sure Grant is coming back.

I think Grants case is slightly different. I think becoming a isolation threat has to be included in his thoughts of returning, without that his stock won't increase, but could decrease. We won't have any projected, let alone proven isoation leaders next year preseason. Coincidentally, the exact same thing hurt Fair this year, but not the year before as we had mcw, and Triche to a extent(and he got favorable mismatches in march).

The good news is there is three ways Grant can become one.
1. He has to put some strength on in order to get more into a mid-post-up postion. (He did have more strength on him before the mono incident)
2.Without being in the midpost more, he will have to beat doubles while scoring off the dribble from the high post(which is possible with his atheleticsm,but without a guardlike dribble or dribble pullup tough to achieve).
3. He will have to shoot off the dribble leaning in the lane more(and I don't see him as that kind of shooter by next year, but we did see some of that in canada last year so its possible).

Curious how he plans to become a isolation leader if he returns.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom