No UConn or Pitt in tourney | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

No UConn or Pitt in tourney

CaptainJ said:
on probation with massive sanctions? And what you don't get, is that I DO get it, and any UConn fan worth their salt would tear you a new one with that weak sauce and hopeful thinking. Your scope of vision is very limited and yet you exude some sort of omniscient delusions of knowing what is possible and what isn't. They did the impossible, and yet we piss good probability away when it comes hand wrapped for us. Theyve already served their *** like **, and came right back and added another in their new league. We're headed into 5 years of probation. Imagine if Matthew Moyer walks by Fab Melo and gets a contact buzz and the probation kicks in. Bees, you wouldn't last on the inside. Probation isn't time to be messing up.

Weak? It's fact we are in the ACC. They are in the AAC. Ask them where'd they'd rather be. As things stand today, we are in a better place. Yea, we're banned from the tournament, but they aren't in it either. They are very worried for their program.

Last long in the inside of what?

Are you seriously trying to imply there is absolutely no possibility for them to win a title in the time it takes for us to win another 3, if we even do? This is pretentious, presumptuous, preemptive shaden freud yet again. I block your spike at the net, and you look down shamefully, as you should. This kind of talk sounds like the privileged talk of the Duke stereotype. What's up with that? I think they truly did leave a bad taste in some of y'alls mouths and it's eating you up that they have 4 times as many titles as you do, and you have to try to invent some reason to imagine theuy feel inferior to you. Good luck with that! Hey, if we can pull a UConn and win the year after coming back from being ****ed, then we'll be halfway there already! LGO!

But seriously, if something is irrelevant, why in the world is it discussed so much? I don't see the logic. Paul had a good point earlier.

Edit: Hey, aren't you a "bad guy wrestler" on here too? We can't have 2 of us going after each other. We have to divide our duties and cut each other some slack. I had respect for your rise through the echelons and even incorporated some of it into my own formula. Let us not squabble over such petty differences. For a long time my avatar was Otto setting a bad example for children and committing animal abuse by shoving the Husky to the ground. I'm no UConn lover, but this obsession of y'all is getting toward the point where some may consider it unhealthy and counterproductive to your well-being. Were some of you bit by Huskies as small children?
What I don't get? What I'm having a difficult time understanding, is everything you just said.

So in other words, in the VERY FIRST YEAR UConn was in the conference y'all were mocking them for being in they won yet another world title belt? Yeah, they're batting 1000 so I dont blame you to rationalize ideas while their still reigning national champions, and we're lucky we banned ourselves otherwise we were about to be embarrassed. I'm playing defense attorney/Devil's advocate for the most despised team for the young uns on here, and it's not much of a challenge. Hell, even Pitt fans made fools of us with 2 words in a picture. Suck it up. It is what it is. Until we have better street cred, I wouldn't bother trying to make this argument with a UConn fan or even most unbiased fans. Have you guys been back to the Boneyard lately spying on all the current discussion about us?

I mean are we classy fans simply because we're not quite as homerish and ****ish as Pitt fans(who made a heck of a classy tribute to Dean Smith, before proceding to kick UNC in the Jimmy).

They win in the first year, with Big East caliber recruits, coached up at least in part by a hall of famer.

They win in the first year, with Big East caliber recruits, coached up at least in part by a hall of famer.

You were correct, I have heard those excuses before. They played with heart and courage...and fire. Their inner being was in tune with one another and the universe. It was a story of hardship and turmoil, made right in the ultimate underdog story of redemption on quite an iron horse run. Heck, I can say I'm proud of what those kids did, and Syracuse might have been wise to look to them as role models, as pioneers, trailblazers that showed what can be done. What a *** ****ed inspirational story of character and dedication and bouncing back rather than making excuses. Parents would be wiser to use them as role models than the Syracuse program at the moment.

AH, I was just goin on with you. You know I'm busting your chops, right? I wonder if Scoop's free throw shooting was part of the report? I mean the ****t **a*i** was proven to be false. Alright, I'm going to be quiet about and let this sadomasochistic fascination with the irrelevant reigning world heavyweight champions continue unabated. I hope this isn't the sportsmanship parents teach their children, and certainly hope it isn't what is taught as a sound line of reasoning. Y'all are driving me to drink.

Last edited:
A rival is a rival. Last I checked - hating on a rival on a message board is pretty close to the reason for its existence. If UCONN won ten titles in a row I'd still dog them.

A rival is a rival. Last I checked - hating on a rival on a message board is pretty close to the reason for its existence. If UCONN won ten titles in a row I'd still dog them.

Fair enough. Nothing wrong with that, other than the constant talking about them doesn't do well to support the irrelevant angle. That was my main point.

Wow.. This must be a new world's record. Two DIFFERENT mis-uses of there/their/they're in the same sentence!
Snap!

Wow.. This must be a new world's record. Two DIFFERENT mis-uses of there/their/they're in the same sentence!
as long as you are being the grammar police, there was no need to hyphenate the word "misuse". the plural use of the word is a bit awkward, but no hyphen is required.

I feel there is too much misplaced hate amongst fans of the same program. As such, I'm posting for the first time in about a year and a half. Bring it, feel better, band together against a UConn fan.

For all this back and forth the fact is this, if UConn gets into a tournament and Ollie is the coach, UConn has a chance, he's just a very good tournament coach. His issue is twofold: recruiting (ne could argue is either a huge disappointment or improving every year he's been at the helm) and developing his system (he is on record as wanting taller guards and next year he has that). UConn is in a tighter spot though in actually making tournaments because the room for error is skewed toward the P5 (in many cases rightfully so, though UCLA this year is baffling).

Cuse fans have to admit the first two years haven't exactly gone the way they expected in regards to UConn and Cuses success on the court and off.

When was the last time pitt uconn and su missed the tourney? Ever?

I feel there is too much misplaced hate amongst fans of the same program. As such, I'm posting for the first time in about a year and a half. Bring it, feel better, band together against a UConn fan.

For all this back and forth the fact is this, if UConn gets into a tournament and Ollie is the coach, UConn has a chance, he's just a very good tournament coach. His issue is twofold: recruiting (ne could argue is either a huge disappointment or improving every year he's been at the helm) and developing his system (he is on record as wanting taller guards and next year he has that). UConn is in a tighter spot though in actually making tournaments because the room for error is skewed toward the P5 (in many cases rightfully so, though UCLA this year is baffling).

Cuse fans have to admit the first two years haven't exactly gone the way they expected in regards to UConn and Cuses success on the court and off.
Disagree here. UConn won the 2014 title with the kids who came there to play in the Big East, that team would have made the tournament regardless of conference affiliation. Our first year in the ACC we were what, 25-0? and made the NCAA tournament as a 4 seed (I think).

What hurt is this year was guys leaving that we didn't expect (Ennis, Grant), also the injuries to McCullough and Coleman.

As UConn started to lose the guys that came there to play in the Big East, they made it to a conference title and still couldn't get an at-large bid. Not only that, but the committee has proven they aren't going to do the AAC any favors when it comes to the tournament.

Good luck getting recruits to sign up to play against Tulane, Houston and Eastern Carolina. Once the "grandfathered" players you have from the Big East are gone, you're gonna have trouble. It'll be interesting to see if Adams and Enosch are the last 2 big names you get.

Disagree here. UConn won the 2014 title with the kids who came there to play in the Big East, that team would have made the tournament regardless of conference affiliation. Our first year in the ACC we were what, 25-0? and made the NCAA tournament as a 4 seed (I think).

What hurt is this year was guys leaving that we didn't expect (Ennis, Grant), also the injuries to McCullough and Coleman.

As UConn started to lose the guys that came there to play in the Big East, they made it to a conference title and still couldn't get an at-large bid. Not only that, but the committee has proven they aren't going to do the AAC any favors when it comes to the tournament.

Good luck getting recruits to sign up to play against Tulane, Houston and Eastern Carolina. Once the "grandfathered" players you have from the Big East are gone, you're gonna have trouble. It'll be interesting to see if Adams and Enosch are the last 2 big names you get.

I see what you are saying and you may not be wrong on some of it but you are, I believe, either forgetting the consensus when KO took over and when the BE split or misunderstanding my point.

The general consensus here was that Kevin Ollie was a 50/50 shot at being even a decent coach, and would likely never win a NCAAT and would be lucky to get to a FF in his career.

The general consensus was that UConn would never win an NCAAT again.

The general consensus was that UConns recruiting would wither and die in the next few years.

Cuse would go to a final four and get it to 3-2 waaaaaay before UConn got to #4.

You, yourself posted that UConn would "never win anything with Boatright"

Boeheim would get to 900 easily and maybe get to 1000, with an outside shot at catching K (very outside).

That was where things stood 2 years ago.

Since then Cuse has been hit with violations and Boeheim has made 1000 a very tough go (though maybe possible with his health).

More to the point KO has established himself as one of the better young tournament coaches out there and UConn did actually win #4. You can asterisk however you want but that doesn't change or take away from it.

As for recruiting, I'm just a tad confused by what you are saying. Boatright is the lone holdover among recruits that expected to play for Calhoun and the juniors the last to play in the BE.

So the classes you are talking about are:

SO:
Top 100 Facey
Brimah
Samuel

FR:
Top 25 Hamilton
Lubin

Incoming Freshmen:
Top 25 Adams
Top 50-100 Enoch

Looks to me that the number of highly rated recruits is actually increasing. UConn has also played the transfer game and gotten:
Purvis
Cassell
Evans
Kromah

That said, it's impossible to know where 2016, 2017, 2018, etc will end up. We shall see and it will be fun to watch.

I've decided to take sports far less seriously for reasons with nothing to do with college basketball, so good luck next year. And as much as I dislike zone defenses I hope Boeheim goes out on his terms and in a solid fashion as his HOF career deserves.

That's what she said.
They decided not to let Pitt in because of the cost of providing their opponents with 3 ambulance crews.

Last edited:
I think UConn basketball will survive in the AAC since they're an established program with 4 national titles. Based upon same, imo, I feel they will still be able to recruit at a level that will keep them relevant & I don't see their hoops falling into irrelevancy. I expect their women's hoops will not miss a beat and still be a national power...AAC and all...certainly as long as Geno is there.

Now football, that's a whole different story...I do believe they will struggle mightily in the AAC and fall into relative irrelevancy...if they're not already practically there.

Me neither. It was far more clever than anything I've seen written about Pitt on here, and done in 2 words. Check out the Cuse chick taking it with good nature. Gotta credit that as well. What's that first word on her shirt though?
Problem is coming from Pitt, it loses credibility, wit...

on probation with massive sanctions? And what you don't get, is that I DO get it, and any UConn fan worth their salt would tear you a new one with that weak sauce and hopeful thinking. Your scope of vision is very limited and yet you exude some sort of omniscient delusions of knowing what is possible and what isn't. They did the impossible, and yet we piss good probability away when it comes hand wrapped for us. Theyve already served their *** like **, and came right back and added another in their new league. We're headed into 5 years of probation. Imagine if Matthew Moyer walks by Fab Melo and gets a contact buzz and the probation kicks in. Bees, you wouldn't last on the inside. Probation isn't time to be messing up.
You really should go back and read the Boneyard posts after their SMU loss. The self-pity of being banished to the AAC was a sentiment expressed in about 10 different threads.

UConn and Pitt could not play their way in. Cuse out for other reasons.

Nova
PC
SJU
Georgetown
ND

All in. Must be the new Pope.

SMU was ranked in top 25 last year. they did not make the tourney. why? they were in the AAC. Lousiville was a top 10 team last year but a 4 seed, why? they were in the AAC

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom