No worse then a 7 seed in ACC tourney | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

No worse then a 7 seed in ACC tourney

If we worry about GT we should just stay home. Nice part about tourney is we don’t have to play in the Dome anymore.
Your right I mean why worry about a team that has been a bad matchup recently. We are 1-3 vs. Pastner at GT and don’t have problem with teams that play ugly defensive first basketball where we struggle to score.
Why prefer to play BC or ND poor defensive teams than GT.
We don’t want to play GT.
They just beat NC State at NC State last night.
My god it’s so awesome to get a post out of you all I have to do is say one thing so you will say the opposite.

If we play Georgia Tech next Wednesday it’s a 50:50 game.

KP would have us as a 6 point favorite on a neutral court against tech. If we lost to them again that would be terrible.

Yup. Cuse fans worrying about drawing GT is analogous to Duke fans clutching their pearls about playing Syracuse again.
Duke doesn’t want to play us.
They are a poor 3 pt shooting team and unless Zion plays it will be a tighter game.
We are a zone team. For this Duke team it’s not their ideal first opponent.
I bet Duke would prefer to play NC State or Louisville to Syracuse this year.
Just like Syracuse would prefer to play Boston College or Wake to Georgia Tech. The Jackets are a bad matchup for us right now they are just like us a tough defensive first team.

KP would have us as a 6 point favorite on a neutral court against tech. If we lost to them again that would be terrible.
Would you prefer to play Georgia Tech or Boston College?

Duke doesn’t want to play us.
They are a poor 3 pt shooting team and unless Zion plays it will be a tighter game.
We are a zone team. For this Duke team it’s not their ideal first opponent.
I bet Duke would prefer to play NC State or Louisville you Syracuse this year.
Just like Syracuse would prefer to play Boston College or Wake to Georgia Tech. The Jackets are a bad matchup for us right now they are just like us a tough defensive first team.
Teams Syracuse beat that are better ranked than GT in defensive efficiency: Duke, Louisville, Clemson, Ohio State

Teams Syracuse beat that are better ranked than GT in defensive efficiency: Duke, Louisville, Clemson, Ohio State
Georgia Tech is just a bad matchup for us the last 3 years.
They play a defense first let’s make the game ugly style.
That isn’t a good recipe for us.

I would play the awful defensive Boston College all day long.
I just want to win the first game in the ACCT.
Georgia Tech is that team I don’t want to play even though we should beat them. We are 1-3 against them under Pastner.

But if we play Tech again in the ACCT, we won't be in their bracket for the NCAAT since that will be 2 games against them. :confused:

But if we play Tech again in the ACCT, we won't be in their bracket for the NCAAT since that will be 2 games against them. :confused:
Note to others this is how you do it.

1552057520842.gif

Getting beaten to a pulp helps our bracket?
We can beat Carolina it will just take an individual rebounding performance like Chukwu had at Duke.
Plus by playing Carolina two times we can’t play Carolina in the NCAA Tournament before a potential elite 8 matchup.

We can beat Carolina it will just take an individual rebounding performance like Chukwu had at Duke.
Plus by playing Carolina two times we can’t play Carolina in the NCAA Tournament before a potential elite 8 matchup.
I think we need to worry about playing well for 2 complete halves before worrying about who we might see in 4th game of the NCAAT.

Just my take.

We probably wouldn't lose to them again, but it sure wouldn't be something we'd look forward to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom