Noel to 2012 | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Noel to 2012

Agreed. This would be an outstanding thing. It would take one hell of a coordinated effort to get even 25 people rocking the high top fade, but it would make one fantastic impression on Nerlens, I would think.

Wait - is he visiting anywhere else before 2/11? Quick, let's talk about something else so that opposing fans who are also in the hunt don't get any ideas!

So, uh, how about that professional football event this weekend? Boy, that Tom Bundchen sure can project an odd shaped leather ball a great distance with astounding accuracy, can he not?

so, say we do land Noel...
with or without Melo next year, both Noel and Coleman would have to start and play major minutes, right? with Baye backing up the 5, right? and CJ/South/Grant will take all the minutes of the other forward spot... so, I'd have to think that leaves Rak kind of out in the cold, or at least reduced to minor minutes - would he be willing to do that? would it force him to transfer, or at least be unhappy?
guess I'm saying that if we land Noel, Rak may have to be the casualty...

Just what you read and has been hinted at. Believe its us or UK.

with or without Melo next year, both Noel and Coleman would have to start and play major minutes, right? with Baye backing up the 5, right? and CJ/South/Grant will take all the minutes of the other forward spot... so, I'd have to think that leaves Rak kind of out in the cold, or at least reduced to minor minutes - would he be willing to do that? would it force him to transfer, or at least be unhappy?

Melo, DC2, Noel, and Rak could all play 20 minutes splitting at PF and C. Baye would be left out in the cold. With Noel there's no reason for Fair to play the 4.

BMK could get redshirted
hmmm, wonder if that's a legit option on the table that the coaches have discussed - and/or if BMK would go for it...

If Fab comes back, what the hell do we do with all of our bigs, if we do get Noel? Does DC come off the bench? Does Rak GO to the bench? Do we actually start Fab and Noel and average approximately 27.2 blocks per game?

I just wet myself a little imagining the possibilities.

BMK could get redshirted
i really like that option incase noel comes and fab does return. BMK could spend a whole year and a half to get healthy and maybe catch a chest pass. I kid though, imo he has the physical tools (-hands) to play in the nba. Just needs to learn how to play and improve. Then again this has nothing to do with our opinions or the coaches, its mainly Baye's and either way by his senior he'll be a very servicable center for SU

I asked if Keita would redshirt about 10 pages back and didn't get a single reply lol.

Keita is an education-first guy (at least that what I've heard). He seems like the type that would gladly step back and give DC2, Rak, Melo and Noel the PT. BMK will still get his degree regardless and the chance to go to Grad School his 5th year if he so chooses. I think it is a legitimate option.

If Fab comes back, what the hell do we do with all of our bigs, if we do get Noel? Does DC come off the bench? Does Rak GO to the bench? Do we actually start Fab and Noel and average approximately 27.2 blocks per game?

I just wet myself a little imagining the possibilities.
I truly think at the end of games where we need a stop you could see Fab in the middle with Noel and Rak at the wings.

I truly think at the end of games where we need a stop you could see Fab in the middle with Noel and Rak at the wings.

Thats better then many NBA teams. It would be a historical group of big men. Oh ya, Coleman is pretty good to I hear. We could dish out hard fouls at players all day and have plenty of depth. Just demoralizing...

I think both would be excellent in the middle but I don't see Fab coming back after this year so lets hope we get Noel

This is such an interesting thread! Love the speculation.

Just to weigh in on a few things . . .

If either Fab stays or Noel comes I think Keita should definitely red shirt. He will be too far down the depth chart to play much, and a year where he does not have to worry about games and is free to work on his body would do wonders for his game down the road.

For those people saying Noel is going to have to battle for playing time here, or possibly struggle to play or learn the zone, I'd say that you dont know how good this kid is. 99.9% of recruits need time to adjust, especially big men, but there are always 2 or 3 every year that are prepared to step in right away and dominate. In the past those kids went straight to the NBA. In the last couple of years most of them have gone to Kentucky. Look at Davis, he is just a freshmen but I think most people would say he's better than Melo, and was from his first college game. Noel is better than Melo, and better than Davis too, right now. No matter what school he goes to, or what year he goes there, he is going to step right into the starting line up, be a dominant player and go on to be the number one pick in the draft.

No way Rak goes to bench. Look at the steps Fab took this year from last. Why doesn't anybody think Rak can make the same adjustment? He has all the physical tools and at this stage is a good deal ahead of Fab offensively.

No way Rak goes to bench. Look at the steps Fab took this year from last. Why doesn't anybody think Rak can make the same adjustment? He has all the physical tools and at this stage is a good deal ahead of Fab offensively.

No one is doubting that, but, well, it's Nerlens Noel and DeJuan Coleman.

If Noel gets a 15+ page thread for reclassifying to 2012 I cant imagine what this place will look like if/when he commits here!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom