Noel to 2012 | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Noel to 2012

Someone make a sign that says "Channukah has 8 full days, all we're asking for is 2 Christmas' "

I stood right next to him after the Midnight Madness game (should have got a pic) - he is certainly very tall and very skinny. He could use to gain 25-30 lbs - sadly he'll never be a sophomore in college to really see what he is capable of doing.

Since Kentucky is the king of one and doners, I cannot imagine any program other than them landing Noel. Davis gives him a perfect blueprint to follow at Kentucky. He'd have no competition at Kentucky and may have some here depending on what Melo does. Also, Coleman has a body ready for The Big East - Noel is a far better shot blocker - but could he get pushed around - would he be a better rebounder or scorer than Coleman? Of course, he could play PF although with those shot blocking skills, it's very unlikely he would ever play anywhere else but Center in college.

I'd love to see him here but will refuse to even get my hopes up one iota since it has to be a very long shot indeed imho. Hope our lottery dreams come true!

Let's Go Orange!!!

Can we get the whole front row of the student section to order these and wear them for the game? Maybe Boeheim could toss one on, too. Wouldn't be a violation, right???

63803.jpg
BoeheimNoel.jpg
Where can I get one?

that would be hilarious if people wore those...

BK, Nails, Milman ... any chance this happens?

I would play this lineup:

PG: Coleman, appears to have good handle.
SG: Rak, dude can really stroke it.
SF: Baye, the long arm of the law on the weakside.
PF: Nerlens, think DC with a better haircut
C: Fabulous, who needs grades?

Two 6'9" guys at the top of the zone would spell trouble lol

I stood right next to him after the Midnight Madness game (should have got a pic) - he is certainly very tall and very skinny. He could use to gain 25-30 lbs - sadly he'll never be a sophomore in college to really see what he is capable of doing.

Since Kentucky is the king of one and doners, I cannot imagine any program other than them landing Noel. Davis gives him a perfect blueprint to follow at Kentucky. He'd have no competition at Kentucky and may have some here depending on what Melo does. Also, Coleman has a body ready for The Big East - Noel is a far better shot blocker - but could he get pushed around - would he be a better rebounder or scorer than Coleman? Of course, he could play PF although with those shot blocking skills, it's very unlikely he would ever play anywhere else but Center in college.

I'd love to see him here but will refuse to even get my hopes up one iota since it has to be a very long shot indeed imho. Hope our lottery dreams come true!

Let's Go Orange!!!
He could play power forward. A weakside shot blocker can be very effective in the zone (Wesley Johnson). Also, it would show his athleticism extending to the wing. Plus that would put him in more of a rebounding position in the zone. I think he is ideally suited to play power forward at SU.

I would strongly disagree, SU s the only King of One & Doner's" we won a championship with one. The rest are but cheap imitations!;)

Excellent point and not enough is made of it. Who else was one and done as the main player on their team and klead them to a national championship? Answer is no one.

Wonder if this helps or hurts...i say hurts

dont see how it hurts. mookie leaving is noel's spot. noel would likely start at the 4 anyways if he came here unless rak improves rapidly.

dont see how it hurts. mookie leaving is noel's spot. noel would likely start at the 4 anyways if he came here unless rak improves rapidly.

i agree. although have to think of Fab, Baye, Rak, DC2 and Noel that at least 2 of them wont be with us next year.

Like the above comments re.my input. Noel could definitely play PF - I just think he would be a terror in the middle of the zone ala Melo this year with those shot blocking skills. Right now at 215 - he projects more as a PF than a Center in the NBA.

And we won in 2003 with the best one and doner frosh ever! However, sadly, I still feel Kentucky is the likely choice for him. You can't argue with their success at bringing one and doners in and getting them to the NBA lottery. Love to see him in Orange but more likely I'll be booing him in Blue.

I have a really good feeling about landing Noel.
"I'm ready to do it. It's a short window of time to pick a school and that's a concern to get out there and visit and maintain all my schoolwork." In addition to Syracuse, UConn and Providence, Kentucky, Florida, Georgetown and North Carolina are on his list.
He goes on to say "I think I'm going to visit Kentucky, Florida, Georgetown and North Carolina," Noel said. "Some of the coaches gave me dates but I have a couple of big games on those days so they're not really planned yet."

If I'm reading this right he wants to get his commitment out of the way. He's coming to Syracuse for what might be his last visit before he commits. No visits to the other schools are scheduled. Sure sounds to me that he will be wearing Orange.

that would be hilarious if people wore those...

BK, Nails, Milman ... any chance this happens?

I would pitch in for the cause if people would wear them...def get on sportscenter too

Does he still have that ill high top fade?

If so Big Head Noel w/ high top fade but face balcked out with a ? over it + Big Pen + Big SU Letter of Intent + Big Head Boeheim smiling all in a row

I would pitch in for the cause if people would wear them...def get on sportscenter too
Likewise!

I just did a google search for "high top fade wigs". Lots of them out there - even Amazon has them. I contemplated putting this in the thread calling out to BlackKnight and them. Come on someone, make my idea come to life!

I have a really good feeling about landing Noel.
"I'm ready to do it. It's a short window of time to pick a school and that's a concern to get out there and visit and maintain all my schoolwork." In addition to Syracuse, UConn and Providence, Kentucky, Florida, Georgetown and North Carolina are on his list.
He goes on to say "I think I'm going to visit Kentucky, Florida, Georgetown and North Carolina," Noel said. "Some of the coaches gave me dates but I have a couple of big games on those days so they're not really planned yet."

If I'm reading this right he wants to get his commitment out of the way. He's coming to Syracuse for what might be his last visit before he commits. No visits to the other schools are scheduled. Sure sounds to me that he will be wearing Orange.

I'm with you the moment I read he recommitted I felt he would wind up in Orange. I have no real legit reasons for that but I believe its going to happen.

I could swear there was a costume shop not far from campus I visited a couple times while I was a student.. for the life of me can't remember the name.. and not talking about spencers.. curious if they would have any.. an orange tinted(painted) one would be awesome as well.

Some of the people in this thread really don't grasp how good Noel is, or think his hype is the same as Melo's, Christmas', and others were. We haven't had this caliber of player consider coming here since Carmelo.

Some of the people in this thread really don't grasp how good Noel is, or think his hype is the same as Melo's, Christmas', and others were. We haven't had this caliber of player consider coming here since Carmelo.

I agree and that is why who we have in the front court is almost meaningless. I expect Fab to be gone but even if he is back it would mean if N0el came here he would be the starting PF. He's starting no matter where he goes and who they have. You make room for him and he starts at the 4 or the 5 end of story.

I agree and that is why who we have in the front court is almost meaningless. I expect Fab to be gone but even if he is back it would mean if N0el came here he would be the starting PF. He's starting no matter where he goes and who they have. You make room for him and he starts at the 4 or the 5 end of story.

I think part of the thing burning people is the fact that this fanbase has hyped up Freshman before (Harris, Greene, Flynn, Melo, Christmas, Waiters) and gotten burned for it when there was no business hyping those players, no were they considered on a NATIONAL level to be one of those "freshman" (A Rose, Durant, Oden, Wall, etc.) Noel is definitely more the latter group (Nationally praised and regarded kids who probably would have been lottery picks 15 years ago) than the former (Syracuse top prospects who were on the second tier of elite recruits).

Yeah, I guess Melo would be the last top 5 recruit we landed?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom