Northwestern AD Jim Phillips to be the next ACC commissioner | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Northwestern AD Jim Phillips to be the next ACC commissioner

How much do these guys make

The Big Ten’s Jim Delany moved into the top spot as the highest paid commissioner thanks to a reported $5.5 million paycheck, via USA Today.

Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott was not far behind his Rose Bowl counterpart with over $5.2 million in compensation, via the San Jose Mercury News

Big 12 head honcho Bob Bowlsby was made $4.1 million

ACC commissioner John Swofford raked in $3.5 million

SEC leader Greg Sankey was the lowest paid of the group, with the most recently appointed commissioner making right around $2 million last year.

ND will never join the ACC, it's never going to happen.
More likely to join the ACC than the Big 10 or any other Conference.

Wait, are you telling me that at some point in the future I may not have to look for a holding call or a lineman down field every time the Orange score? Sign me up.

The ACC has trend lightly when trying to renegotiate with ESPN.
The Big XII as well.
The money gap between the SEC and ACC is going to be there always. Just keeping the bottom line for the members good enough that it’s not like 50 million vs. 20 million per member a year.

Getting the ACC to like 30-40 million a year should be the goal. Let the SEC get the extra 10 million and then use NCAAT credits and sponsorship deals like CPI/Bojangles/that pizza company fill in some more of the difference.

If TV negotiations were the most important thing Wildhack should just be asked to be more involved. He knows the ESPN thought process and will be able to smoothen negotiations.

This next Commissioner needs to be able to smoothen egos of Clemson and just make the bottom football teams continuing investing in football to get better.

Notre Dame is not joining the conference unless of chit like this year or the rules dictate it.

We used to disagree about this, I think.

We used to disagree about this, I think.
In a generation ND will join a conference but it’s not happening in the foreseeable future.
I am just being a realist.

This season definitely helped ND brace for the future but I don’t see you guys joining full time till around 2036 range.
Once the NBC contract expires and maybe landscape has changed.

This year helped ND see they could play a conference schedule be a NC contender and still be able to play a national schedule.
Stanford and Navy were off the schedule and because ND is in the NC contention it’s all good.

All ND really needs is USC and then a national schedule.

Is Philips’ son the crying kid from that Northwestern-Gonzaga NCAAT game years ago?
Yes — that was his son. Remember seeing it on a PTI or Around The Horn years ago.

More likely to join the ACC than the Big 10 or any other Conference.
They'll never join a conference, their schedule is usually one of the hardest in the country and if they win out they are in the playoff, money is not an issue for them and joining the ACC or any other conference full time does nothing for them. Buddy of mine is good friends with on of their strength coaches and has told me 100x that ND has no interest in joining for football.

Think like Tony Montana « In this country, you gotta make the money first. Then when you get the money, you get the power »

He wants to move up the food chain.

Yes, it's undoubtedly a move up in prestige. I was just shocked how much he made at NW. My initial instinct is I like the hire.

Charlotte is 2 hours away.
Raleigh-Durham is a 2 hours away.
Eastern North Carolina would be different for the guy. Like Asheville.
Living in NC is fine.
Have lived in both and Chicago > Charlotte and its not close.

I bet he will move the HG from Greensboro to Charlotte, Raleigh, Atlanta or even DC. Stay tuned.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom