Northwestern fires Pat Fitzgerald after hazing inquiry | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Northwestern fires Pat Fitzgerald after hazing inquiry

Many harsh judgments here about Fitzgerald, who previous to this had a very good reputation. Remember though that the early judgements about Duke lacrosse were at least as bad if not much worse, and where did that end up?
As we're seeing with Laquint Allen and SU, university discipline may not constitute much "justice" , and the fact that NU's administration blew off its own investigation's findings after 1-2 days of bad press doesn't exactly inspire confidence.
Exactly. Anyone who has been around this block more than two or three times knows that the only the we know for certain is that we don’t know everything that happened.

Beck’s next gig will almost certainly be as a HC someplace as long as SU can perform well this year.

These people who, in all likelihood, have no direct knowledge of the events support the coach over the School President. Why is there always another side to issues of obvious malfeasance (that's a nice word for what it was) and someone willing to unshakably support them even though the vast preponderance of the evidence indicates culpability?
It makes me wonder...who's being the "Schill" here. People love being contrarian (or just plain ignorant when it suits them - OJ jurors, any # of political apologists I won't mention). They think it somehow burnishes their bona fides.
As Lennon said, "Just Gimme Some Truth."

These people who, in all likelihood, have no direct knowledge of the events support the coach over the School President. Why is there always another side to issues of obvious malfeasance (that's a nice word for what it was) and someone willing to unshakably support them even though the vast preponderance of the evidence indicates culpability?
It makes me wonder...who's being the "Schill" here. People love being contrarian (or just plain ignorant when it suits them - OJ jurors, any # of political apologists I won't mention). They think it somehow burnishes their bona fides.
As Lennon said, "Just Gimme Some Truth."
After seeing the MetLife parking lot filled with T shirts and cardboard cutouts deifying Joe Paterno nothing will ever surprise me.

...if Coach Mac oversaw a bunch of illegal stuff. It's not a small distinction.
agreed. I'm just saying that the people I know in Evanston are shocked by this. I'm only here off and on and I have zero ties to the program so I'm just relaying what I'm hearing from my neighbors. The local news reported over the weekend that many of the professors and employees of NW have asked for a pause on the new stadium until the athletic department is reviewed.

agreed. I'm just saying that the people I know in Evanston are shocked by this. I'm only here off and on and I have zero ties to the program so I'm just relaying what I'm hearing from my neighbors. The local news reported over the weekend that many of the professors and employees of NW have asked for a pause on the new stadium until the athletic department is reviewed.
The academics always want to shut down the sports programs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom