Northwestern fires Pat Fitzgerald after hazing inquiry | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Northwestern fires Pat Fitzgerald after hazing inquiry

Screw them. Who cares?

They have like a $15bn endowment, are like the #10 college in the US and like top 25 in the world.

No offense to the locals, they can't have a guy like Fitz around.
I’m a local (not Evanston but in the Chicago burbs) and I don’t want a meathead dbag like Fitz around, so I feel ya. Not in a Northwestern hazing way, mind you

Here's what the NCAA rules are regarding transfers. From 247:

"Players at Northwestern are free to leave and transfer to another school without penalty if they enter their names into the Transfer Portal within the next 30 days, according to NCAA rules. The NCAA allows players to enter the portal if their head coach is fired. The rule was put in place to help players whose coaches are fired in midseason, but this will be the first test of the rule less than two months before a season."

So... do they have any starting caliber offensive linemen looking to land on a bowl-caliber team?

Asking for a friend.

So... do they have any starting caliber offensive linemen looking to land on a bowl-caliber team?

Asking for a friend.
I was scanning their roster today, they lost a lot of OLs, but their LT and LG are supposed to be pretty good and their RT is a kid named Franks who played at Gilman in Baltimore, we offered him back in 2018.

There are always “Locals” who support the coach come hell or high water. It’s the same all over. Locals supported Paterno. I’m sure there are locals supporting Huggins.

If it came out 10 years ago that Boeheim was drowning kittens in his pool there’d be some locals who’d say that’s just his personal life.
I mean….I love animals in general and I like cats.

Still….if this is JB we are talking about, I think we are all in agreement that the kittens had to go.

Many harsh judgments here about Fitzgerald, who previous to this had a very good reputation. Remember though that the early judgements about Duke lacrosse were at least as bad if not much worse, and where did that end up?
As we're seeing with Laquint Allen and SU, university discipline may not constitute much "justice" , and the fact that NU's administration blew off its own investigation's findings after 1-2 days of bad press doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

So... do they have any starting caliber offensive linemen looking to land on a bowl-caliber team... that didn't participate in the hazing?

Asking for a friend.

Guessing people were naked but there was less wang touching than first reported.
Ok, but WHY did they need to be naked to begin with?

To embarrass them? Humiliation?

So, in this letter I see a personal story of how Fitzgerald helped him and a statement about how open he was to meeting a player with concerns. What I don't see is a flat out denial that the alleged events occurred. This sounds like the "she didn't report it, so she wasn't raped" and "a guy this good couldn't have done it" arguments.

Many harsh judgments here about Fitzgerald, who previous to this had a very good reputation. Remember though that the early judgements about Duke lacrosse were at least as bad if not much worse, and where did that end up?
As we're seeing with Laquint Allen and SU, university discipline may not constitute much "justice" , and the fact that NU's administration blew off its own investigation's findings after 1-2 days of bad press doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

The investigation confirmed that the allegations were credible. Fitzgerald’s only real defense is that he wasn’t aware, which in itself is damning.

So, in this letter I see a personal story of how Fitzgerald helped him and a statement about how open he was to meeting a player with concerns. What I don't see is a flat out denial that the alleged events occurred. This sounds like the "she didn't report it, so she wasn't raped" and "a guy this good couldn't have done it" arguments.
Hey if College Transfer Portal is reporting it, and in such a professional and understated manner including using emoji eyes, I believe it

Is Dino a possibility for Northwestern or am I delusional? He seems to be a guy who checks a ton of boxes in terms of integrity, doing it right, coaching at a tough university in terms of putting up results, he’s a minority hire which northwestern may be pressured to make in light of their fitzy issues , etc

I’m torn if this happened. Dino has made Syracuse a class operation but he hasn’t taken it to the next level.

I saw clawson and Elko on a list but I think Dino makes sense more than those guys in some ways.

Is his age the real problem?

Is Dino a possibility for Northwestern or am I delusional? He seems to be a guy who checks a ton of boxes in terms of integrity, doing it right, coaching at a tough university in terms of putting up results, he’s a minority hire which northwestern may be pressured to make in light of their fitzy issues , etc

I’m torn if this happened. Dino has made Syracuse a class operation but he hasn’t taken it to the next level.

I saw clawson and Elko on a list but I think Dino makes sense more than those guys in some ways.

Lacey Chabert and Jennifer Love Hewitt are on my list, doesn't mean it's happening.

I'm sure Dino is on some lists, but I don't see him as a contender anywhere yet.

If he has another ten win season, who knows.

Much better options out there than Dino. Paul Chryst or Jim Leonhard would be good gets with Big 10 experience and appeal. David Shaw is interesting due to success at Stanford despite struggling past 4 seasons before stepping away. Justin Wilcox at California is another who comes from a university with high academic standards; uncertainty with Pac-12 conference could lure him away. I think Tom Herman at Florida Atlantic is an under-the-radar candidate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom