Northwestern fires Pat Fitzgerald after hazing inquiry | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Northwestern fires Pat Fitzgerald after hazing inquiry

Much better options out there than Dino. Paul Chryst or Jim Leonhard would be good gets with Big 10 experience and appeal. David Shaw is interesting due to success at Stanford despite struggling past 4 seasons before stepping away. Justin Wilcox at California is another who comes from a university with high academic standards; uncertainty with Pac-12 conference could lure him away. I think Tom Herman at Florida Atlantic is an under-the-radar candidate.
Agree. I think your list has much better options/fits than Dino.

Much better options out there than Dino. Paul Chryst or Jim Leonhard would be good gets with Big 10 experience and appeal. David Shaw is interesting due to success at Stanford despite struggling past 4 seasons before stepping away. Justin Wilcox at California is another who comes from a university with high academic standards; uncertainty with Pac-12 conference could lure him away. I think Tom Herman at Florida Atlantic is an under-the-radar candidate.
I mean IMO Dino > David Shaw.

To me if their MO is to rebuild trust with the program and to do it with a guy who is universally loved within the college football ranks, Dino checks alot of boxes. I think the school has to be careful finding a guy who is just ephemeral win/loss type coach (won 10 last year, must be good for example).

no chance on herman. hired gun won't work at Northwestern. You need to find a right type guy vs a job jumper

I thought NW was going to hire someone prior to the season no? Certainly not seeing Dino as a candidate let alone jumping ship prior to the 23 season.

Just my 2 cents but I think Dino feels pretty good about where the program is heading and the players and staff he's putting in place.

Sad reality here is that the HC will get cash and be working in football within a year, and the school gets out from under a horrible contract, and can continue their faux superiority that they are above such shenanigans.

Dino isnt going to be offered by NW
I'm not saying he's going or will be offered but the names being floated aren't guys WAY outside the realm of dino type candidates. I don't think anyone is jumping at this point in terms of being in a stable seat (Clawson, Elko, etc).

I think Northwestern is in a jam. They either go interim and flush out a guy who will care end of year or find someone in an assistant seat.

Maybe time is a flat circle...

1689168894624.jpeg

I'm not saying he's going or will be offered but the names being floated aren't guys WAY outside the realm of dino type candidates. I don't think anyone is jumping at this point in terms of being in a stable seat (Clawson, Elko, etc).

I think Northwestern is in a jam. They either go interim and flush out a guy who will care end of year or find someone in an assistant seat.

Maybe time is a flat circle...

View attachment 229251
I think you’re overvaluing Dino and undervaluing the NWU job plus the money they can spend. The coaches mentioned are a lot better than Dino and the B10 West is alluring.

Not sure if the Clawson mention is something someone just dreamed up or not, but he’d be a great hire for NWU. He is obviously loyal to Wake, but NWU could be similarly stable for him with a lot more $$.

Dino is not going to be under consideration, as already listed they have plenty of better candidates, some of whom are out of work now and can cleanly jump in without a buyout, which is big for them considering they will likely end up paying Meatsgerald the full $40 mil or close to it. Bronco Mendenhall is also someone they could reach out too that hasn’t been mentioned here

Chryst seems like a no brainer. Feel like he could do well there.

Dino is not going to be under consideration, as already listed they have plenty of better candidates, some of whom are out of work now and can cleanly jump in without a buyout, which is big for them considering they will likely end up paying Meatsgerald the full $40 mil or close to it. Bronco Mendenhall is also someone they could reach out too that hasn’t been mentioned here
That wouldn't be good for SU if he came and got Beck no?

That wouldn't be good for SU if he came and got Beck no?
It would be a lateral move for Beck, so unless he and/or his family are unhappy at SU, I would think he would stay and continue to chart his own course.

It would be a lateral move for Beck, so unless he and/or his family are unhappy at SU, I would think he would stay and continue to chart his own course.
Lateral move to the BIG? I thought everyone is saying the conf has unlimited money.

Coordinators will leave for more money 99x out of 100. Bronco is a net negative for us if he leaves. If Dino leaves i'd assume Beck would become HC (if it happened suddenly)

Is Dino a possibility for Northwestern or am I delusional? He seems to be a guy who checks a ton of boxes in terms of integrity, doing it right, coaching at a tough university in terms of putting up results, he’s a minority hire which northwestern may be pressured to make in light of their fitzy issues , etc

I’m torn if this happened. Dino has made Syracuse a class operation but he hasn’t taken it to the next level.

I saw clawson and Elko on a list but I think Dino makes sense more than those guys in some ways.

Is his age the real problem?
No

Lateral move to the BIG? I thought everyone is saying the conf has unlimited money.

Coordinators will leave for more money 99x out of 100. Bronco is a net negative for us if he leaves. If Dino leaves i'd assume Beck would become HC (if it happened suddenly)
Lateral in terms of program. I just don’t know if Beck would want to keep following Bronco around. Let’s just hope it never happens, as there are plenty of candidates that have ties to the Midwest that they probably will want over Bronco

I just hope we pound Northwestern's Portal to get a few good players. The non-wang touching type.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom