Northwestern opens -12... | Syracusefan.com

Northwestern opens -12...

We just lost to a consensus non-top 25 team at a neutral site by 6. Now we are about to play a top 25 team on the road. Plus NW is kind of a media darling atm, so a 12 point opening line is not that unsurprising.

I was not impressed at all watching NW against Cal last night. NW defense could not stop weak Cal and their new freshman QB - obviously the two pic 6s by their DB sealed the deal otherwise Cal was winning for most of the game.

Granted, if our offense does not improve then we will struggle again to win.

We need to either have our OL dominate the NU DL or we will have trouble scoring. It is obvious we are going to rely on the run game this year as our backs Jerome, PTG, Morris are the strength of the offense over the WRs. Vegas feels we won't be able to score against NU thus we are double digit dogs. If Colter can't play and only the dropback QB plays I think we can blitz them and scheme them to keep it close and possibly steal one if the offense plays better.

Brings up the moral dilemma of betting against your team...

Brings up the moral dilemma of betting against your team...
You could but you will be banned from baseball for life. Oh wait, Pete Rose never bet against the Reds.;)

With Cain Coulter out things are going to be different.

No. We lost against the spread.
95% of line bets yesterday on syracuse won. Only 5% had +5 and you had to bet the game in early july

I saw it at 7.5 before game time. I'd call that a win against the spread.

Not gonna lie - I hammered the under last week and only got it at 50.

Line up to -13 in spots - not seeing that, even without my Orange glasses on.

Over 57 seems like easy money.

Does this line mean Vegas knows about Coulter playing for sure?
My book doesn't have an over/under for the game. Only game of the weekend without the line which leads me to believe that it's completely up in the air at this point.

I would take Northwestern with that line.

We can not score with them. Simple as that.

(I am hoping to be wrong, but it will have to be a MAJOR change for this game to be closer than 12 points.)

My book doesn't have an over/under for the game. Only game of the weekend without the line which leads me to believe that it's completely up in the air at this point.
I see 57 o/u at a few places. I think coach said colter is playing Saturday

I see 57 o/u at a few places. I think coach said colter is playing Saturday
Interesting, I wonder why they don't have one... I'm pretty bad at over/under bets but I do like looking at them each week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom