Not a shot at JB, but... | Syracusefan.com

Not a shot at JB, but...

what a novel concept. actually listening to the entire question and not just busting in mid sentence cuz you think you're the smartest person in the room and everyone else is an idiot.
Other novel concepts include actually listening to the entire presser in good faith before commenting without context and not forcing your agenda into every thread on a “fan” board.

You have a huge inferiority complex with JB. Your resentment rises to the top.

I think it was sort of a shot at JB. No problem with it at all. But we should at least try to be honest.
No personally I might not respond well if I felt the coach was not as upset as I was after a loss, but I was raised by a hardazz...

Im fine with jb’s pressers until he takes unwarranted shots at players and their character.

there’s been very admirable moments from JB throughout the years with a mic in his face

Maybe Hop will think more of himself after he has won 1000 games??
Hopefully, Hop learned the value of adding a full career of Lafayette, SW Louisiana, Texas Southern and Cal State San Luis Obispo to his schedule.

We almost had him—and then we didn’t. JB just didn’t know when to walk away and had the hubris to think he could still recruit at the same level with the same results despite being 75 years old—and dealing with massive negative recruiting against his age and temperament. It was time to turn the page. Hop was going respect the past and all he learned from JB, while forging his own path with his own ideas (more pressing and man to man, etc). Mostly it was going to help recruiting because Hop has a dynamic personality and is someone kids want to play for. I was so psyched for the Hop era, it would have been an incredibly smooth transition, and then it all fell apart. If Wildhack has any sense, he’ll do everything in his power ($$$) to bring Hop back home.

Last edited:
honestly if JB is truly concerned about his win total legacy and watching his kid play 40 he could easily move to another low caliber d1 school down south where he could golf all day and let his assistants run the show and coach another 10 years without screwing up our program. we need a fresh approach. the wins still count !

honestly if JB is truly concerned about his win total legacy and watching his kid play 40 he could easily move to another low caliber d1 school down south where he could golf all day and let his assistants run the show and coach another 10 years without screwing up our program. we need a fresh approach. the wins still count !
He is not going anywhere for a number of years, or longer, so get use to it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom