Not feeling good at all on The Chan Jones situation | Syracusefan.com

Not feeling good at all on The Chan Jones situation

IthacaBarrel

Shaky Potatoes
Knee issue... played on it Thursday after injuring it, could have made it much worse, cant blame him as this is what competitors do.

I would be surprised is its anything less than 6-8 weeks if or out for season...

Would not have playing made it better ? Out 6-8 weeks puts him back around WV.. If that happens then it was worth it as I dont think he is the difference in winning any of the the next 5 games..

or is the issue that continuing to play turned it from a few week procedure into a bigger issue?

Yikes. Want 99 for Rutgers game badly. ::crosses fingers::

I haven't seen anything specific on his injury or how serious it is. Is there a link to some news?

I haven't seen anything specific on his injury or how serious it is. Is there a link to some news?

Theres nothing official yet. But there are some strong rumors about his knee

Just texted a buddy who is a GA... only response i got was "done"

Knee issue... played on it Thursday after injuring it, could have made it much worse, cant blame him as this is what competitors do.

I would be surprised is its anything less than 6-8 weeks if or out for season...

Christ. This is getting old. That said, I would think cautious would be the way to go. DE is actually one position where we have some depth and Jones has some potential to play at the next level. Let him get healthy, even if it takes a year. But this sucks.

Just wondering that. Wouldn't he have to apply for a medical hardship redshirt? He used his redshirt up in his 1st year on campus.

Honestly, i dont think it matters... he is only a jr eligibility wise - and i doubt he stays 2 more years after this year. Otherwise he will be like a 25 yr old senior. That seriously cuts into any NFL time.

CusefanATL, good to see you on the board. You had great insights on the cuseorange boards. Hope you stick around here...

PS. terrible news if true

Like a punch in the stomach. Hope Chandler recovers well whatever the situation is. As everyone knows we do have depth at DE. Rahme has been very high on Micah Robinson for a while now, and if Chan Jones is out it looks like Micah will get an opportunity.

Terrible if true. Assuming if the rumors seem to be true (and I have no reason to doubt you considering your history on these boards), I'm wondering who gets the starting nod opposite Marinovich. I would assume Sharpe would probably be the guy. Whoever it is, atleast we have some depth at this position with Ball and Robinson also in our back pockets. Still, there is no question this is a significant loss.

CusefanATL, good to see you on the board. You had great insights on the cuseorange boards. Hope you stick around here...

PS. terrible news if true

Thanks 690. Unfortunately, the further I am removed from my college days ('07), the less inside info I get.

Big fan of this board, pretty sure it has become my new home.

He got "Scooched."

I shouldn't joke, because if Jones is indeed seriously hurt that sucks in a major way. Great kid, great player.

I obviously hope Chandler is ok. Regarding the other defensive ends Sharpe was fantastic the other night and I think he's our best pass rusher. If you watch him against Wake he manhandled the tackle a couple of times. Looks like I'll now get to see what he can do with more than just token reps. He's quick and strong.

Like a punch in the stomach. Hope Chandler recovers well whatever the situation is. As everyone knows we do have depth at DE. Rahme has been very high on Micah Robinson for a while now, and if Chan Jones is out it looks like Micah will get an opportunity.

I would think that Sharpe would get the majority of Chans playing time

I don't think it's as bad as you've heard...

Yeah, i did get some more texts after my post. A lot of it seems to be speculation, but he is pretty sure it is the LCL and that Chan is out for some time.

Yeah, i did get some more texts after my post. A lot of it seems to be speculation, but he is pretty sure it is the LCL and that Chan is out for some time.

Well, the LCL is better than the ACL. :bang:

Please be wrong.

But if not, would someone please tell Micah Robinson that opportunity is at the door.

Hearing 6 to 8 weeks

Please be wrong.

But if not, would someone please tell Micah Robinson that opportunity is at the door.

like said before...Brtandon Sharpe is next in line...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom