Not. Fumble no Frickin Way | Syracusefan.com

Not. Fumble no Frickin Way

tino

Walk On
Shrader's arm was going forward on the pass .totaly obvious even on the replays and the refs still called it a fumble...after watching the film...Another ACC ref stick in the back

It was either a fumble or backwards pass, which is a fumble. There is no controversy here.
no its either a fumble or an inc pass cant be a backwards pass. they threw the bag so that implies it was called a fumble. its too bad replay doesnt explain what they called it like the Pros usually do.. Now that would also force them to admit they dont know what they really called.

no its either a fumble or an inc pass cant be a backwards pass. they threw the bag so that implies it was called a fumble. its too bad replay doesnt explain what they called it like the Pros usually do.. Now that would also force them to admit they dont know what they really called.
Its not an incomplete pass if the ball doesn't go forward. that's it.

I'm more concerned with how at least once a game, a DT ends up being invisible to the center and guard.
This has to stop. Same gap that got Shrader lit up on the TD last game

1635700076683.png

That was just a great timely play by the defense there

Ball went backwards, i’m not sure how anybody can say it’s not a fumble. I hate on the referees as much as anybody, but if they reversed that call it would’ve been a massive bail out for us, because it was a fumble.

Ball went backwards, i’m not sure how anybody can say it’s not a fumble. I hate on the referees as much as anybody, but if they reversed that call it would’ve been a massive bail out for us, because it was a fumble.
a pass does not need to go forward to be inc that is different than throwing a lateral.

a pass does not need to go forward to be inc that is different than throwing a lateral.

If a backward pass is not caught and touches the ground, the ball remains live and any player on either team can recover the ball. If the ball is recovered by the opposing team, the play is credited as a fumble.

no thats not the rule.. an inc pass does not need to go forward to be a pass.
I assume you're looking at this:
  1. A pass is forward if the ball first strikes the ground, a player, an official or anything else beyond the spot where the ball is released. All other passes are backward passes. When in question a pass thrown in or behind the neutral zone is forward rather than a backward pass.(Exception: Games using Instant Replay)
  2. When a Team A player is holding the ball to pass it forward toward the neutral zone, any intentional forward movement of his hand or arm with the ball firmly in his control starts the forward pass. If a Team B player contacts the passer or ball after forward movement begins and the ball leaves the passer’s hand, a forward pass is ruled regardless of where the ball strikes the ground or a player (A.R. 2-19-2-I).

However, Shrader is is NOT passing forward toward the neutral zone. It is quite clear on the video.

If a pass travels backwards, and stays in bounds, is not caught, is on the ground, etc… it does not matter how it was thrown, it’s a live ball. Anything thrown laterally or greater, is live.

actually I believe a pass thrown parallel to the line of scrimmage is considered a backwards pass.

actually I believe a pass thrown parallel to the line of scrimmage is considered a backwards pass.

Yes, that’s lateral, 0 degrees.

Yeah that was clearly the right call. No controversy, I was just glad it didn’t get picked up and carried in for a TD because that’s what looked like was about to happen.

Zero controversy.
Zebras made the right call, it’s a live ball whether fumble or ‘incomplete backwards pass” aka - lateral.

Agreed with all that it was a really heads up, effort play by Benson to save the TD, since that possession ended with a punt.

Only controversy on the play was no one blocking the DT and calling a fade (which never works). Otherwise, it was the properly call by the officials.

1- only call I didn’t really agree with was the deep pass to flowers from more head. Looked like he never had complete possession. IMO that ball was moving the whole time and came out before he ever had 100% control.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom