Not such a bad loss except... | Syracusefan.com

Not such a bad loss except...

arbitragegls

All Conference
...there did not appear to be much enthusiasm, hustle, leadership out on the court. So we shot 34%...with a sizeable TO advantage (9-17) and sizeale steal advantage (9-2) this should have been a game easily one. But, 'Cuse shot terribly and ND shot very well. When is the last time a team shot 50% against 'Cuse...overall and for 3 pt shots. We only shot 34%..ugh.

So if our defense was up to our usual game...this would have been a victory. However, the disappointing part of this game was the lack mentioned above. 'Cuse just did not seem to have its heart in the game...and senior leadership was non existent...neither KJ nor Scoop demonstrated leadership in this game...although Scoop's 7 assists were good...his defense was terrible and shot selection not so good...but this most likely was a team failure and I do not know why unless everyone tried too hard to cover for Fab...we looked like a chicken w/o its head...

"I had to leave for plane boarding about 12 minutes into the game. I noticed that KJ dribbled ball off his foot etc twice and that Scoop took 3 terrible shots...if it wasnt for Dirty in the time I watched we would have been in even worst position."

You made these observations from the 12 minutes of the game you watched?

"You made these observations from the 12 minutes of the game you watched?

That did pretty much sum up the game though, didn't it?

On a side note:

New T-shirt being released tomorrow: 5 seconds? Elbows? Goodbye Big East. Hello ACC.

Not surprisingly, you didn't mention your boy's 6 points and a single assist. I'd like to see some emotion out of him too. Just once.

"I had to leave for plane boarding about 12 minutes into the game. I noticed that KJ dribbled ball off his foot etc twice and that Scoop took 3 terrible shots...if it wasnt for Dirty in the time I watched we would have been in even worst position."

You made these observations from the 12 minutes of the game you watched?
Thanks for bringing up...let me respond now that i am rewatching the game...
1. Scoop misses layup in first 5 seconds
2. Joseph off his foot at 13:54
3. ball under ND basket..2 ND on floor...KJ bending down...looses ball..
4. KJ looses on dribble at 8:34
5. Of the ND 5 three point basket...NOT ONE CAME ON triche's side

Team was lethargic through this 12 minute stretch...

Just making sure. Weird reading that post then seeing one where you breakdown the game.

Have you seen Triche dribble into trouble twice and throw up bad shots/turn it over? He was pretty out of control in those 12 minutes, as was the rest of the team.

Did you ever find those 3 terrible shots that Scoop in the first 12 minutes? That's all I want to know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom