Not sure how to feel about this | Syracusefan.com

Not sure how to feel about this

OttoinGrotto

2023-24 Iggy Award Most 3 Pointers Made
On the one hand, we more than held our own against a much more talented team on the road.

On the other hand, we have zero room for mistakes, and our staff has made some bad decisions. We know the players can't be perfect, so we need the staff to be flawless, and they're not.

I'm all chips in on Dino, but some of the coaching decisions are odd.

I don't understand it. I really don't. Yes I get that the two point conversation could have put us at a chance to get 10 points. But it was the end of the third quarter and you always chase the points in the third. Go for two there. And damnit kick the ball deep with 5 min left.

You feel dead like me. Almost no emotion but a tad of anger. Anger at yet again another missed opportunity. Lost a TD on O (drop), a TD on D (paris'), spotted them a TD, then despite all that a chance at the near end, and then the coach your all in on for the future gives it away with a bad decision depriving them of the likely opportunity to pull it off.

So more of the same. so dead. Anger.

THought we should have gone for 2, not onside kicked. Just odd. Refs were , we dropped 2 touchdowns. And had their running back in our arms on one of those late 3rd downs.

It's rough.

I don’t blame him for dropped passes.

But that onside kick was really dumb.

I’m glad we fought hard and showed up in a place like that but I can’t help but be a little (ok extremely) frustrated.

Last edited:
The way our defense was playing it was a terrible decision to go for the onsides. With that said I think it was meant to be one of them kicks that go like 30 yards and hope to bounce in between players. Still I wouldn't even chance it at that point. Kick the ball out of the GD end zone and play some defense.

That's really the only decision I had a problem with. The rest are on the players. You can't go on the road and spot a much more talented team 14 points.

Why God ??????????????????????

whygod.jpg

The way our defense was playing it was a terrible decision to go for the onsides. With that said I think it was meant to be one of them kicks that go like 30 yards and hope to bounce in between players. Still I wouldn't even chance it at that point. Kick the ball out of the GD end zone and play some defense.

That's really the only decision I had a problem with. The rest are on the players. You can't go on the road and spot a much more talented team 14 points.
Yeah, I didn't like the onside. It was inconsistent.

The other call I really dislikes was taking the pressure off right before halftime. We let their QB get comfortable. That was a bad decision.

The two worst calls of the day led to immediate touchdowns. (Punt on 4th and 1 down 11 points midway through the 3rd quarter and the onsides kick)

Yeah, I didn't like the onside. It was inconsistent.

The other call I really dislikes was taking the pressure off right before halftime. We let their QB get comfortable. That was a bad decision.

Agree. Even with that said the players were in position. Martin and Dowels can't let that happen. Dowels was on the bad end of a couple big plays. Losing Coleman early on hurt as well. He was an animal that 1st series.

We're a mediocre program so we should feel good that we didn't get killed.

Yay.

Seriously, our D played well against a O that wasn't well regarded. Our O really frustrates me. It's not clicking. Hope it does soon.

Yay.

Seriously, our D played well against a O that wasn't well regarded. Our O really frustrates me. It's not clicking. Hope it does soon.
I think our defense is where we need it to be. If our defense can match this every season I think it's a recipe for success, so long as Babers O actually becomes Babers O here.

I think our defense is where we need it to be. If our defense can match this every season I think it's a recipe for success, so long as Babers O actually becomes Babers O here.
I'm not holding my breath. Btw can we get Ravian involved and never throw to people named nykeim, devin, riley, Avant ever again?

On the one hand, we more than held our own against a much more talented team on the road.

On the other hand, we have zero room for mistakes, and our staff has made some bad decisions. We know the players can't be perfect, so we need the staff to be flawless, and they're not.

I'm all chips in on Dino, but some of the coaching decisions are odd.

Not quite effecient enough >>>> Pooch punting on 3rd down, stall ball, and DC’s as HC’s

We’re on our way. That stuff will get better.

Not quite effecient enough >>>> Pooch punting on 3rd down, stall ball, and DC’s as HC’s

We’re on our way. That stuff will get better.
Punting on third down still makes me laugh. Absolute trough of the program.

Yay.

That was the third best D we’ll see all year with NFL players all over.

The O isn’t effecient enough to overcome that talent deficiency over a whole game yet. Recruiting will continue to trend up, esp on O.

That was the third best D we’ll see all year with NFL players all over.

The O isn’t effecient enough to overcome that talent deficiency over a whole game yet. Recruiting will continue to trend up, esp on O.
We play Clemson right?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom