Not that anyone asked | Syracusefan.com

Not that anyone asked

I'm with you. I can't keep track of that many threads on different boards.

I think it'll be easier when teams are in season and the actual team specific threads spike. Right now traffic is obviously lower.

I'm getting used to it, but I would recommend using the alert function and just follow Francis, Jake, Tomcat, etc so you can get notified when they post something and just click to be brought directly to the thread.

Just my $0.02.

I feel you, but my major board issue these days is people who start OT: Knicks, Rangers, Yankees, soccer threads on the BB or FB boards when there is already a Pro Sports board.

Get your hands off me.

I agree that the number of boards is now too many. I think we're becoming too mirco-organized.

Not a big fan of having separate recruiting boards-Too many boards.

nah i'm with ya. I prefer 1 stop shopping. too many boards to look through now. And i cant stand all the pro sports threads that i see on the regular boards.

nah i'm with ya. I prefer 1 stop shopping. too many boards to look through now. And i cant stand all the pro sports threads that i see on the regular boards.

You can always just click the "whats new?" tab at the top. It will give you the latest threads that are unread since your last visit. All boards, one place.

You can always just click the "whats new?" tab at the top. It will give you the latest threads that are unread since your last visit. All boards, one place.
That's the only way i view the board. Very helpful.

i'll try it out...thanks for the tip

Kudos to the Mods for not deleting this thread and hearing what people think either way.

Tend to agree with the sentiment here. Didn't think it was that big of a problem to warrant two separate boards.

Wouldn't be so bad if the "clicks" were streamlined. When you click on "mark forum read" it should happen and you should be taken automatically back to the forum list. The current system of click, "Mark forum read" click on either all or one, click on box "mark forums read" , click on "forums", then click on new desired forum, is way too laborious. Five clicks to get to a new forum, this must be a Microsoft software package.

Wouldn't be so bad if the "clicks" were streamlined. When you click on "mark forum read" it should happen and you should be taken automatically back to the forum list. The current system of click, "Mark forum read" click on either all or one, click on box "mark forums read" , click on "forums", then click on new desired forum, is way too laborious. Five clicks to get to a new forum, this must be a Microsoft software package.

Again, if you just use the "whats new?" option, it clears up all of this. Instead of clicking "mark forum read" or whatever you have to do, just click "whats new?" after you read each thread... bringing you to a whole page of unread threads

I'm fine with it. Just curious what happens once we have a pay board. Does the recruiting board become the premium forum?

What's new is the only way I've used this board since we moved. It's awesome...although I read almost every thread...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom