Not too sober, but whatever... | Syracusefan.com

Not too sober, but whatever...

cto

Administrator
Amazing, Incredible weekend in DC. Drinking since about 7 pm, so I will probably forget half of what I want to post, but so be it.

1). SU turnout was great. Once again we owned the Verizon Center. What a perfect place to solidify our trip to the Final Four. Not a Georgetown fan in sight.

2) One of the coolest things about the game was that Sean McDonough was there on his own nickel. As a fan. Nothing to do with his day job. Just there as a fan. He even did the pre-game scene at Clyde's. I suspect Mike Tirico will also be in Atlanta (as he was in New Orleans in 2003.

3). The turnout of former players was extraordinary. Don't know what they showed on tv, but among those I saw were Derrick Coleman, Billy Owens, John Wallace, Lawrence Moten, Sherm Douglas, Pearl Washington and
Carl Vernick. I am sure there were others.

4). Once we took the lead at 4-3, I don't think we ever trailed. Oddly, at the under-16 timeout on Thursday, he score was 4-3. At the under-16 timeout today, the score was 4-3. A beautiful symmetry there.

5) Until proven differently, I will say we have the best D in the country. These two games were just amazing. A tenacious hard-nosed (thank you Scott Shafer) defense that never gives up. It was so much fun to watch. In both games, the refs seemed blind to all the traveling violations caused by our D. Before the start of the next game, maybe JB should tell the refs to look for traveling violations.

6) It was good to see so many old friends from syracusefan.com there...and to meet so many new friends. A special thank-you to Sutomcat for buying us all so much food and drink at Clyde's --even though he himself drinks only ginger ale. For those who don't know tomcat, he is a treasure of a human being (and a treasure of a SU fan)

7). Now I can admit I bought my airline tix to Atlanta last Sunday night. (I really was that confident). Now my major question is: Do I take this sweater to the cleaners on Monday morning -- or do I wear it to games five and six without cleaning it? Most folks here said "no cleaner." Decisions, decisions.

8) On to Atlanta!!

Amazing, Incredible weekend in DC. Drinking since about 7 pm, so I will probably forget about half of what I want to post, but so be it.

1). SU turnout was great. Once again we owned the Verizon Center. What a perfect place to solidify our trip to the Final Four. Not a Georgetown fan in sight.

2) One of the coolest things about the game was that Sean McDonough was there on his own nickel. As a fan. Nothing to do with his day job. Just there as a fan. He even did the pre-game scene at Clyde's. I suspect Mike Tirico will also be in Atlanta (as he was in New Orleans in 2003.

3). The turnout of former players was extraordinary. Don't know what they showed on tv, but among those I saw were Derrick Coleman, Billy Owens, John Wallace, Lawrence Moten, Sherm Douglas, Pearl Washington and

4). Once we took the lead at 4-3, I don't think we ever trailed. Oddly, at the under-16 timeout on Thursday, he score was 4-3. At the under-16 timeout today, the score was 4-3. A beautiful symmetry there.

5) Until proven differently, I will say we have the best D in the country. These two games were just amazing. A tenacious hard-nosed (thank you Scott Shafer) defense that never gives up. It was so much fun to watch. In both games, the refs seemed blind to all the traveling violations caused by our D. Before the start of the next game, maybe JB should tell the refs to look for traveling violations.

6) It was good to see so many old friends from syracusefan.com there...and to meet so many new friends. A special thank-you to Sutomcat for buying us all so much food and drink at Clyde's --even though he himself drinks only ginger ale. For those who don't know tomcat, he is a treasure of a human being (and a treasure of a SU fan)

7). Now I can admit I bought my airline tix to Atlanta last Sunday night. (I really was that confident). Now my major question is: Do I take this sweater to the cleaners on Monday morning -- or do I wear it to games five and six without cleaning it? Most folks here said "no cleaner." Decisions, decisions.

8) On to Atlanta!!
awesome. Saw Leo Rautins too with the other players, Hakkim, Grants brother who was fired up and they showed them in game on highlights here and it was cool to see them whupping it up, high fiving just like us plebians. What a great scene that must have been!

As for Tom, spot on. See you in Atlanta!!

gotta be worn as is!
showed a bunch of alumni and juli- no CTO!
if you think that those around you might complain, I'll gladly sit next to you in the georgia dome!;)

Joyce, you can do a light "refresh". Throw it in the dryer with a freshly washed wet towel for a few minutes. Other option, buy Febreze and give it a spray.
I have been doing that with my t-shirt since Big East.
I will be there, and smelling also, so no problem.

Joyce, you can do a light "refresh". Throw it in the dryer with a freshly washed wet towel for a few minutes. Other option, buy Febreze and give it a spray.

No. Why risk all that. I'm sure this sweater isn't smelling. For gods sake it's not like CTO is a lumberjack or something. Wear as is.

See you in the ATL Joyce. You'll have to let us know where the celebration is on Monday evening.

If you clean that sweater and we lose I will forever blame you, CTO!

Citrus scented Febreze, Citrus scented Febreze!

- NO CLEANER!

-Turned down tix as I had plans to be in Orlando, which is where I am now. But my brother went and hit Clyde's. He had a ball and doesn't even read the board and hasn't met any of the crew.

-Tomcat rules.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

No cleaner, I also haven't worn an orange shirt since the BET began.

OrangeXtreme posted a great screengrab of a shot that was shown on CBS during the game of many of the Alums. We were trying to identify eveyone, maybe you can fill in the gaps?

Dff74YR.png

We had Sherm in the beige pullover next to the woman in the salmon sweater.
Behind him we had DC, then two guys we weren't able to definitively identify, the Hak and Moten
Behind them Leo
Behind him Billy Owens and two over from him Pearl.

Fill in the gaps, or correct the errors.

- NO CLEANER!

-Turned down tix as I had plans to be in Orlando, which is where I am now. But my brother went and hit Clyde's. He had a ball and doesn't even read the board and hasn't met any of the crew.

-Tomcat rules.

Went to Orlando? Without me?! Some friend you are. Make sure you go to the Great White Pet and Feed Zoo. Totally safe, dude. :)

Definitely NO CLEANING! Wear until Tuesday. Donate to the Melo Center HOF on Wednesday...as is.

Went to Orlando? Without me?! Some friend you are. Make sure you go to the Great White Pet and Feed Zoo. Totally safe, dude. :)

Definitely NO CLEANING! Wear until Tuesday. Donate to the Melo Center HOF on Wednesday...as is.
Pete, worse still, I didn't tell Fred. My bro went to D.C., had his pic taken with the Pearl.

For the love of all that is holy DEFINITELY NO CLEAN.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxfan516

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom