Not what we wanted but pretty much meaningless | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Not what we wanted but pretty much meaningless

Sheesh. Hyperbole much?

I didn't say no one cares about playing the game.

I said losing the way we did doesn't matter in the overall scheme of things. Especially with recruits, who I am sure care much much less (if at all) than some people on this site.
Ok. The bottom line is absolutely nothing positive came of our bowl game performance. The amount of negative is debatable. In the steaming pile that is the last 20 years of SU football as a whole it doesn’t mean anything.

Ok. The bottom line is absolutely nothing positive came of our bowl game performance. The amount of negative is debatable. In the steaming pile that is the last 20 years of SU football as a whole it doesn’t mean anything.
The positive is Fran got a firsthand look at the quitters on the team, making it easier to clean up the crappy losing culture that Coach Owie helped perpetuate

Hey let me ask you something, did you search to find that? Or do you normally read college content on something called totalprosports?
I stumbled across that as well as several other content clowning the program. No mention of Fran Brown recruiting. Basically same old Syracuse .

Also, TotalProSports typically posts funny material. They were established in 2008, have 51k+ twitter follower, has 1.2Million YouTube subscribers and is associated with buzzfeed so apparently i’m not the only one that stumbles across it.

Last edited:
The only perception is, damn, Babers sucked and this Fran Brown dude is gathering a lot of talent to get rid of the stench. The game was pathetic and showed how bad the culture was all season but it has zero impact on anything at this point, no one cares about a pre-Christmas bowl game after about an hour of snarky social media posts after the game
Most fans aren’t educated enough, nor follow other teams recruiting. We didn’t get a mention on the ESPN signing day show. Unfortunately, signing recruits won’t change our perception. Only winning big on the field consistently will do that. Not 7 or 8 wins, but 10+ with a win over a elite program.

Most fans aren’t educated enough, nor follow other teams recruiting. We didn’t get a mention on the ESPN signing day show. Unfortunately, signing recruits won’t change our perception. Only winning big on the field consistently will do that. Not 7 or 8 wins, but 10+ with a win over a elite program.
When you look at the talent influx in a 16 day period from around 60th to 35 overall class on 247 when including the transfers, I was surprised that the ESPN signing day show didnt mention us even in passing.

When you look at the talent influx in a 16 day period from around 60th to 35 overall class on 247 when including the transfers, I was surprised that the ESPN signing day show didnt mention us even in passing.
No biggie. Scoring sites usually on mention top 25 scores. Otherwise, you don't matter.

No biggie. Scoring sites usually on mention top 25 scores. Otherwise, you don't matter.
I agree to an extent, but the whole Finebaum diss of us and or McCord was a national story that ESPN and obviously ESPN radio talked about for a few cycles. Thought they would atleast mention us in passing. But i do agree no biggie just wouldve been nice to get some shine in my opinion.

I agree to an extent, but the whole Finebaum diss of us and or McCord was a national story that ESPN and obviously ESPN radio talked about for a few cycles. Thought they would atleast mention us in passing. But i do agree no biggie just wouldve been nice to get some shine in my opinion.
National perception, at its kindest, is we are mediocre. Others, are poverty program, and we're terrible. If we had been considered decent, our performance may have gone more viral. It doesn't matter, for the folks that have always thought we were a laughing stock. Just further proof. McCord helped make that game more noticed.

Finnebaum is a tool. A recruiting class in the 30's is good news. For others, not so much.

Welcome back. You disappeared for the 7 win season.

Pete Thamel On State of SU Football

the ACC Network signing show didnt even mention us.

Welcome back. You disappeared for the 7 win season.

Pete Thamel On State of SU Football
Remember all those people who argued about the lack of recuruits in NY NJ and the rest of the northeast. How we could never get recruits to come to Syracuse, its too cold etc etc etc? Watch Fran and the new staff blow up those excuses folks made for Schaefer and Babers. OUR FUTURE IS SOOOO BRIGHT... and we only 3 weeks into the Fran Brown era

Remember all those people who argued about the lack of recuruits in NY NJ and the rest of the northeast. How we could never get recruits to come to Syracuse, it’s too cold etc etc etc? Watch Fran and the new staff blow up those excuses folks made for Schaefer and Babers. OUR FUTURE IS SOOOO BRIGHT... and we only 3 weeks into the Fran Brown era
SU never had two #1 recruiters in the country. They got that in an unconventional way. You are already trying to put a negative slant on Fran’s recruiting efforts. Just out of the blue after years of not posting. Obvious troll.

Last edited:
SU never had two #1 recruiters in the country. They got that in an unconventional way. You are already trying to put a negative slant on Fran’s recruiting efforts. Just out of the blue after years of not posting. Obvious troll.
"A negative slant on Frans recruiting efforts"? Ok I see you have missed me. I am a Fran guy. His approach to recruiting the Northeast is EXACTLY what i want!!! I havent been on here for three years because of people like you lol. I am not going to argue with you as again I am ECSTATIC that we have Fran. Exactly what I want and we need at Syracuse as recruiters. Take your lame arguments to whatever school Babers is at and argue with those fans. Us Syracuse people are ECSTATIC with the new coaches and the direction of the program literally after just 3 weeks.

"A negative slant on Frans recruiting efforts"? Ok I see you have missed me. I am a Fran guy. His approach to recruiting the Northeast is EXACTLY what i want!!! I havent been on here for three years because of people like you lol. I am not going to argue with you as again I am ECSTATIC that we have Fran. Exactly what I want and we need at Syracuse as recruiters. Take your lame arguments to whatever school Babers is at and argue with those fans. Us Syracuse people are ECSTATIC with the new coaches and the direction of the program literally after just 3 weeks.
"When you look at the talent influx in a 16 day period from around 60th to 35 overall class on 247 when including the transfers, I was surprised that the ESPN signing day show didnt mention us even in passing".

You wouldnt say this if you actually follow recruiting. No one is going to highlight a class that was 35th. My points seem lame to people that have no clue about how recruiting works. You dont understand that schemes and coaching determines how well the recruits perform.

"Us Syacuse people". lol that sounds so fake. Anyone that's been on this board a long time knows the passion I have for Syracuse and northeast recruiting.

Last edited:
"When you look at the talent influx in a 16 day period from around 60th to 35 overall class on 247 when including the transfers, I was surprised that the ESPN signing day show didnt mention us even in passing".

You wouldnt say this if you actually follow recruiting. No one is going to highlight a class that was 35th. Im the only one here that met Fran. You are not a Fran guy lol .

"Us Syacuse people". lol that sounds so fake. Anyone that's been on this board a long time knows how I feel about Syracuse and northeast recruiting.
A couple points.

1. Actually I have met Fran 3 maybe 4 times at camps well before he took the SU job... wouldnt say we are close friends. But when he got the job I was ECSTATIC!
2. People who are involved with college eligible recruits look at the talent of said kids. Fran has a TON of talent accumulated in 3 weeks as Syracuse head coach. OUTSTANDING!
3. I think you missed my point with regards to the amount of talent (talent influx). From the moment Fran took the job, there aren't 20 other teams in the country whose class improved 25 spots. You wouldn't disagree me on this if you actually follow recruiting, or for that matter know anything about recruiting.
4. Us Syracuse people- yeah as a alum, booster and follower I can say that. I dont know you or your history with my school. But since you waited literally years to post me, pleasure to make your acquaintance.

A couple points.

1. Actually I have met Fran 3 maybe 4 times at camps well before he took the SU job... wouldnt say we are close friends. But when he got the job I was ECSTATIC!
2. People who are involved with college eligible recruits look at the talent of said kids. Fran has a TON of talent accumulated in 3 weeks as Syracuse head coach. OUTSTANDING!
3. I think you missed my point with regards to the amount of talent (talent influx). From the moment Fran took the job, there aren't 20 other teams in the country whose class improved 25 spots. You wouldn't disagree me on this if you actually follow recruiting, or for that matter know anything about recruiting.
4. Us Syracuse people- yeah as a alum, booster and follower I can say that. I dont know you or your history with my school. But since you waited literally years to post me, pleasure to make your acquaintance.

Trying to act like a die hard when you havent posted here in 3 years. Fran and ERob are two of the top recruiters in the country. Williams top 20. They are supposed to be better than any recruitier Cuse has had here in 2 decades. General Joe making general comments that any one can make. Recruiting quality players is important. Duh

Trying to act like a die hard when you havent posted here in 3 years. Fran and ERob are two of the top recruiters in the country. They are supposed to be better than any recruitier Cuse has had here in 2 decades. General Joe making general comments that any one can make. Recruiting quality players is important.

Apparantly you are a die hard on THIS SITE. I haven't been on this site in years and the first day I come back you post something from 3 years ago lol.

Since I dont know you, are you happy with the new coaches and approach to Northeast recruiting?

Apparantly you are a die hard on THIS SITE. I haven't been on this site in years and the first day I come back you post something from 3 years ago lol.

Since I dont know you, are you happy with the new coaches and approach to Northeast recruiting?
People get suspicious when you pop up after 3 years. Then start bragging about how estatic you are about the team. True fans stick around through thick and thin.

We got Fran and Erob. I met those guys when they were at Temple. Recruited one of my players. You can tell they were going to be special. They are going to bring in elite talents to SU. They have to match their recruiting with program development and coaching though.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom