Not what we wanted but pretty much meaningless | Syracusefan.com

Not what we wanted but pretty much meaningless

OttoinGrotto

2023-24 Iggy Award Most 3 Pointers Made
I don't understand given how bad they were on passing defense that we didn't start with trying to throw on them. Pretty clear they were just teeing off on the run game and covering the WRs on the short patterns. Not sure how Villari is supposed to throw with gloves on, but whatever. Flush it and move on.

The team is in good hands. We'll see some decent players move on, but we have the staff in place to get quality players in. The schedule is meringue soft next season.

Bright future ahead.

I don't understand given how bad they were on passing defense that we didn't start with trying to throw on them. Pretty clear they were just teeing off on the run game and covering the WRs on the short patterns. Not sure how Villari is supposed to throw with gloves on, but whatever. Flush it and move on.

The team is in good hands. We'll see some decent players move on, but we have the staff in place to get quality players in. The schedule is meringue soft next season.

Bright future ahead.
From your keyboard to Gods ears!

Bright future ahead.
Agree, this is a scenario where we might have been able to use the pass to set up the run game.

Instead they just packed the box and said “we dare you.”

You have to admit things were going a little too well a little too fast for Syracuse Football. Had to come down to earth a bit.

I'm very excited for spring practice for the first time in my life. Things feel different now.

Bright future ahead.
Your larger point is right, of course.

Just wish we could have exited the Dino era without one more massive pratfall on national TV.

We had no shot. Injuries. 8 guys in the portal. The staff looking for other jobs. USF having three weeks to scout the wildcat. I'm sure they had their problems too but I'm also sure they couldn't have equaled ours. I'm still disappointed in the effort but I agree that it's not going to matter in the long run. HCFB has to fix he O-line, improve the depth and change the culture.

Last edited:
Yeah, the team was completely unprepared and did not care, most coaches did not either. Many of the kids were checked out and saw a lot of bickering on the field, players coaches all bickering at one another. Those still in Dino’s camp and those moving onto Fran’s camp. Just a horrible situation and this is the result. nobody cared, the plan sucked, the effort was worse and the players rolled over. and the ship was Rutterless. these are exhibition games but that was a team who did not want to play and was completely unprepared

there are probably 10-12 kids on this current roster worth keeping around after an effort like that.

You have to admit things were going a little too well a little too fast for Syracuse Football. Had to come down to earth a bit.

I'm very excited for spring practice for the first time in my life. Things feel different now.
We can’t expect two steps forward without one step back.

Yeah, the team was completely unprepared and did not care, most coaches did not either. Many of the kids were checked out and saw a lot of bickering on the field, players coaches all bickering at one another. Those still in Dino’s camp and those moving onto Fran’s camp. Just a horrible situation and this is the result. nobody cared, the plan sucked, the effort was worse and the players rolled over. and the ship was Rutterless. these are exhibition games but that was a team who did not want to play and was completely unprepared

there are probably 10-12 kids on this current roster worth keeping around after an effort like that.

Fran seems like the type of guy that watching some of this drive him crazy and doesn’t bode well for some players future in the program. He doesn’t seem like the type of guy that’s apathetic when it comes to competing and doesn’t want to see guys be apathetic in any scenario.

Do these games go on our record? Oh, they do? So, this wasn’t an exhibition game then, huh?

No matter the circumstances, and there were many extenuating circumstances, take it with class. We lost. We got dominated. Again, there may have been reasons and that’s fine. But “exhibition game” is not one of them. If that’s true, then every freaking season SU plays is an exhibition because we’re not winning any championships any time soon.

Exactly. I mean a lot of these kids have been told they’re not wanted anymore. And their replacements are on the way… some were on the sideline. I mean could you imagine if your boss told you you’re being replaced but you had to do one final presentation wh I’m evyour replacement was in the room?

I don’t blame some of these kids for checking out.

Exactly. I mean a lot of these kids have been told they’re not wanted anymore. And their replacements are on the way… some were on the sideline. I mean could you imagine if your boss told you you’re being replaced but you had to do one final presentation wh I’m evyour replacement was in the room?

I don’t blame some of these kids for checking out.

Yeah, I was expecting a scrimmage-type effort on our part and that is what we got.

It didn't help USF's coach was intent on curb-stomping us in as douchey a way as possible... 4th-and-7 in the 4th qtr and going for it and running around and yelling at the refs all game like a spazz.. Their player ejected for targeting, smiling and laughing on the sidelines and getting hi-fives from other players after the play... They had the dirty punk swagger of miami in the early nineties. Bullied by punks.

Do these games go on our record? Oh, they do? So, this wasn’t an exhibition game then, huh?

No matter the circumstances, and there were many extenuating circumstances, take it with class. We lost. We got dominated. Again, there may have been reasons and that’s fine. But “exhibition game” is not one of them. If that’s true, then every freaking season SU plays is an exhibition because we’re not winning any championships any time soon.
I didn't call it an exhibition.

What I don’t understand is, how is that a blindside block? They were both running side by side looking the same way. It was a violent block, yes. But I thought blindside was when you didn’t see the guy coming.
It’s unnecessary roughness meaning exactly what it says “Unnecessary”. Stupid hammer head play who also remained talking smack while getting embarrassed. He won’t be missed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom