Not worried.......yet | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Not worried.......yet

I don't get this whole emotions concept. Are those that believe that is a contributing factor saying that the players didn't try hard because they did want to emotionally hurt FHCSS? So when the WR dropped a pass they were seeing SS crying in their minds?
My goodness. That's not what anyone is saying, Re crying.
Everyone who chimed in did not say anything of the sort.
All those who commented made the point of how it maybe contributed.
To a person no one said they did not try hard.
However we did say it (the emotion), may have effected them adversely.
Expanding on that was how these emotions may have effected play.
All acknowledged it wasn't the sole reason for the loss.
Dare I say I think we're all right it was a factor.
!

If you want to say they were distracted by FHCSS being on the other sideline that's fine...but it's not a good commentary on this SU teams focus, or emotional maturity.

If you want to say they were distracted by FHCSS being on the other sideline that's fine...but it's not a good commentary on this SU teams focus, or emotional maturity.
Let's see how they bounce back as that will be the best determinant of their level of focus and emotional maturity IMHO.

I don't get this whole emotions concept. Are those that believe that is a contributing factor saying that the players didn't try hard because they did want to emotionally hurt FHCSS? So when the WR dropped a pass they were seeing SS crying in their minds?

I'm saying emotions before the games leave a hangover and lead to not being mentally as sharp. It's not really that difficult or unusual. It's pretty much a proven thing. Some athletes like Brett Farve in that famous game after his Dad died - actually get more intense and focused. That's what made it amazing.

I think Dungey had so much respect for his D that it took him out of his game. Plus he got hit a lot.

To be clear, because some people only think in black and white, I do not think this is THE reason we loss. I think it contributed.

That's a fair critique.

!
Settle down dude...I was just asking the question of what everyone meant by emotions and the kind of affect it had on the players

Settle down dude...I was just asking the question of what everyone meant by emotions and the kind of affect it had on the players
image.jpeg

This is why I hate this LSU game. If we had say a Northwestern or Indiana type, I'd love to see how we rebound next Week and then the week after against a tough, but beatable opponent.

Instead, we have a borderline top 10 team, on the road, before we head into our SEC on steroids ACC schedule.

Yeah.. I try to keep an open mind but just don't see the value in this game unless we were at a point where we legitimately could upset them on the road. Now crazier things have happened but this is a game I worry about injuries a lot...

I'm saying emotions before the games leave a hangover and lead to not being mentally as sharp. It's not really that difficult or unusual. It's pretty much a proven thing. Some athletes like Brett Farve in that famous game after his Dad died - actually get more intense and focused. That's what made it amazing.

I think Dungey had so much respect for his D that it took him out of his game. Plus he got hit a lot.

To be clear, because some people only think in black and white, I do not think this is THE reason we loss. I think it contributed.
Thanks for the feedback. That is what I wanting input on. I see where you are ciming from with this now. The Favre comparison helps

Shafer reminded them of reality - that they aren't his family, he has a new one and even brought out a victory cigar after the game to emphasize that fact. SS's emotion was to beat the heck out of them as it should have been and should have been our players too. He did teach them a valuable lesson.
Agree completely. That cigar lit the fuse of what will still be a 7-6 season

!
emotions are overrated. it was the coaches fault for not having them ready to play--period. emotions have nothing to do with dropped passes and missed ol play. this sounds to me like folks looking for an excuse for babers and the loss. i agree lets move on and hope the next game is better. we need to maximize personnel, whether freshmen or not. mtsu was yardstick of where we are and exposed us on many fronts---simple as that---emotion had nothing to do with it

emotions are overrated. it was the coaches fault for not having them ready to play--period. emotions have nothing to do with dropped passes and missed ol play. this sounds to me like folks looking for an excuse for babers and the loss. i agree lets move on and hope the next game is better. we need to maximize personnel, whether freshmen or not. mtsu was yardstick of where we are and exposed us on many fronts---simple as that---emotion had nothing to do with it

This is not in dispute. People act like our emotions are some unknown thing. They intersect with our cognitive abilities all the time. We made tons of mental mistakes in this game we didn't make in others. Why? HCDB says that he didn't prepare them enough for the emotional side of things. Players admit the same thing. It is a hard thing to prove without doctors and the right equipment - but it's pretty much all there. It def played a big part in the loss.

But you, watching the team from afar can tell it's BS somehow? How could you possibly know that?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom