Nothing else needs to be said | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Nothing else needs to be said

Sometimes you have to take off the Orange colored glasses and admit we were dominated from literally start to finish.
Or you can say for as much of a dumpster fire the offense was in the first half with about as bad a first play as you can have we were down a TD in the 4th with the ball and an unlucky tip drill interception was the big hit.

It certainly cost them the drive at the time, which leads to the game… don’t know what tO tElL YoU blaaaaa!!!!
And if it had worked you’d be quiet or singing a different tune. I’m not sure I see what’s wrong with the call.

I think they overcame the offensive/ defensive line domination and were right in it until that tipped interception. was it domination, I won’t mince words but at the time it sure didn’t seem like it until a couple of easy scores.

All the crap about the 3 3 5 not needing size. You cant play run centric teams with line that gives up 50 or more pounds a guy.
We have to have a minimum of 3 kids that top 285.

All the crap about the 3 3 5 not needing size. You cant play run centric teams with line that gives up 50 or more pounds a guy.

What I don't get is why you would want your already undersized DL to get as small as they can in the offseason.

What I don't get is why you would want your already undersized DL to get as small as they can in the offseason.
where-is-it-look-close.gif

Honey, we shrunk the DL.

Even with the 3 3 5 you need a Steven Clark, or a Chris Slayton who can destroy the middle of the line.

Israel Abinakadknanaka is gonn run for like 400 yards against us unless we make some changes.

Think all of our 3 and outs might've contributed to that?

They had 22 first downs, we had 15. I mean, teams that control the ball, control the LOS (I cannot find the average yardline that started drives but seems like we were usually pinned deeper than them) usually win.

Our undersized D is getting gassed. Are we rotating players like most other teams? SEC teams will rotate 20-25 players on D. What are we doing?

Not that simple.

Our three turnovers leading to three ND scores was the game.

I think the ridiculous call to go for it 4th and 7 with the one legged QB that gave ND 20-30 yards of field position (and they scored) should get added to that.

Aggressive 4th down calls don’t always bother me, but that one did given all the variables.

Our undersized D is getting gassed. Are we rotating players like most other teams? SEC teams will rotate 20-25 players on D. What are we doing?
Is it though?

Yes, ND ran for a lot of yards and controlled the ball….but ultimately they only gained 380.

Guys keep getting hurt and our D keeps holding their own.

ND scored 41 but that includes a pick 6 and a blocked punt that gave them the ball inside the 5.

Basically they scored 27 on our defense while starting with gold field position almost the entire game, and with our offense going 3 and out for an entire half.

I keep expecting our D to wear out, but I don’t feel like I’ve actually seen that so far?

Hopefully we’ll start the healthy QB and he’ll play great and we’ll give our defense some help next week.

In years past we’d either play an ineffective, injured QB or a walkon and the wheels would fall off the whole team. Hopefully this will be the year where we finally prove to have depth on both sides of the ball and scrap out a couple more W’s.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom