Nothing else needs to be said | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Nothing else needs to be said

Bees can you tell me how many snaps Sparrow and Roon had?

Sparrow 8. Roon none on defense. Did he play any specials?

Is it though?

Yes, ND ran for a lot of yards and controlled the ball….but ultimately they only gained 380.

Guys keep getting hurt and our D keeps holding their own.

ND scored 41 but that includes a pick 6 and a blocked punt that gave them the ball inside the 5.

Basically they scored 27 on our defense while starting with gold field position almost the entire game, and with our offense going 3 and out for an entire half.

I keep expecting our D to wear out, but I don’t feel like I’ve actually seen that so far?

Hopefully we’ll start the healthy QB and he’ll play great and we’ll give our defense some help next week.

In years past we’d either play an ineffective, injured QB or a walkon and the wheels would fall off the whole team. Hopefully this will be the year where we finally prove to have depth on both sides of the ball and scrap out a couple more W’s.

Yeah their TD drives were 55 yards (bad punt), 61 yards (bad 4th down call), 54 yards (INT on tipped pass), 2 yards (punt block).

All off something bad by us. Although that int was just bad luck, guy got his hand up at exactly the right place right time.

He's saying that usually that number of points means a big failure on the defense, but between a defensive TD and what was basically a special teams TD, the defense was stout enough even with its issues stopping ND to play well enough for a win with the kind of offense that should be expected from good college football teams.
Yes..that would be cool if only what our defense did counted, and forget about what our offense and special teams do.
Our offense was bad. So bad it gave them 6 points. Our special teams were bad. So bad it it's punt blocked.
All 3 phases count. There is no "if this or that didn't happen". It all happened, and it all added up to the final score.

Yes..that would be cool if only what our defense did counted, and forget about what our offense and special teams do.
Our offense was bad. So bad it gave them 6 points. Our special teams were bad. So bad it it's punt blocked.
All 3 phases count. There is no "if this or that didn't happen". It all happened, and it all added up to the final score.
Nobody's arguing that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom