Nothing here...ongoing discussions with ESPN and ABC | Syracusefan.com

Nothing here...ongoing discussions with ESPN and ABC

arbitragegls

All Conference
..that is all I know...everything very tight lipped at this point. Oh and by the way...

Tressell to Tennessee announced soon.

Thanks for the update and welcome back to relevance Rocky Top.

What's to discuss? Up the current contract to $26 mil per team per season, and put a clause in there to increase astronomically when ND and Texas join as full members. :)

would espn really over pay just to keep the conference in tact?

Isn't Tressell still under the show cause? Or has that expired?

@arbit - well here is some great news for once!

Tressell to Tennessee - eliminates the minor chance that DM to be considered for that job. I saw that opening as the only other college that he would consider going to since I believe he has family there and also I believe a ranch/estate in Tennessee if I remember correctly. If Tressell is successful at turning around Tennessee, he locks up that school for quite some time. The only other move by DM would be to go the NFL at some point in the future and not Tennessee. This also assumes that SU pays him a respectable salary too during his contract extension phase that hopefully happens soon.

Isn't Tressell still under the show cause? Or has that expired?

He is, but it is a very weak one. He had to miss his team's first handful of games and that season's bowl game.

..that is all I know...everything very tight lipped at this point. Oh and by the way...

Tressell to Tennessee announced soon.
Why would Tennessee expose themselves to a show cause after all the trouble they've had in basketball and football the last few years?

Why would Tennessee expose themselves to a show cause after all the trouble they've had in basketball and football the last few years?

To be a contender for a national title.

Tweet for those of us behind a firewall? Thx

Cory Fravel@CFravel247
Virginia having a board of trustees meeting? UVa and UNC targets to B10?

He's trying to drive readership to his premium site.

They're in the SEC.

David Teel@DavidTeelatDP
This from #UVa AD Craig Littlepage: President Teresa Sullivan informed BoV last night that university is not in discussions w/Big Ten

Where there's smoke, there's fire?

Or so much smoke, that they're trying to stop it.

Picking up Notre Dame really pissed off the B1G. This is now a fight between the B1G and ACC. They are going to undermine every school in the ACC. Have conversations with everyone...get all of them thinking about defection. Maybe pluck one or two.

As of right now, I don't think MD was a huge loss for the league. But if the B1G can pluck off another (or get the SEC/B12 to pluck a team or two) and you've completely undermined the conference.

Clearly there are motives for people tied to any program to start rumors and stir the proverbial pot. Clemson fan starting rumors? Shocker.

@arbit - well here is some great news for once!

Tressell to Tennessee - eliminates the minor chance that DM to be considered for that job. I saw that opening as the only other college that he would consider going to since I believe he has family there and also I believe a ranch/estate in Tennessee if I remember correctly. If Tressell is successful at turning around Tennessee, he locks up that school for quite some time. The only other move by DM would be to go the NFL at some point in the future and not Tennessee. This also assumes that SU pays him a respectable salary too during his contract extension phase that hopefully happens soon.

Well they still did end up hiring an ex SU coach, just not the current one.

The ACC is not the BE.

While more schools may leave the ACC, I don't think it is a lock that the ACC schools will bail at the same rate that the BE schools did.

Sometimes a BoT meeting is just a BoT meeting.

I wouldn't place a bet either way, but until I hear more teams are leaving the ACC, I'm not gonna worry about it.