Notre Dame game thread and stuff... | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Notre Dame game thread and stuff...

Ghost said:
Speak it, Gminski! "They've just allowed ND to hammer away on Xmas."

Too bad he was saying that in praise of notre dame, and not an objective evaluation of the officiating

I love us shortening the game with Rak in trouble and ND shooting horrifically all night. Limit the # of possessions they have To get hot. But man I would get Rak out of there. Try to buy 2-3 minutes

G is making some strange decisions tonight...bad passing all-around.

If you'd told me we'd be shooting 37%, have 13 turnovers, and a combined 11 points from G and Cooney with 7 minutes left, I'd tell you we were losing by 30.

two3zone my bad bro. Didn't mean to call you out. Whatever my thinking, it was wrong and not my place, not my style. Really bad day up until this point and that's no excuse. Sorry, brother.

anyone else always get annoyed by ND fans? Theyre delusional.

BJ Johnson has played solidly tonight. Not just hitting shots, but playing respectable defense and hitting the glass. I like this version of BJ Johnson.
Now imagine this version of BJ johnson with a little more polish and 20 pounds of muscle?:eek:

Please Rak no more turnovers - he already has 6.

I want to change Trevor's name to crazy potatoes. Can we do that now? 2 on 5 and he's pulling up, that was classic.

I can't believe he was even considering that one. Terrible. Glad he pulled it down but he never should have considered that one.

If you'd told me we'd be shooting 37%, have 13 turnovers, and a combined 11 points from G and Cooney with 7 minutes left, I'd tell you we were losing by 30.

It's all about defense making up for shaky offense

Bonzie Colson looks to be our no-name nightmare du jour. Colson is 6-4 tall but 7-0 wide (to tweak an old joke from Fletch).

BJ Johnson has played solidly tonight. Not just hitting shots, but playing respectable defense and hitting the glass. I like this version of BJ Johnson.
The play he drove and scored in the lane was a changer for me. He's also flipped in a couple of putbacks. Working the boards.

It's all about defense making up for shaky offense
Defense, along with some really strange offense from Notre Dame. They missed a LOT of wide open jumpers in the first half, and any game in which your leading scorer doesn't even take a shot until the second half has to be described as strange.