Notre Dame Game Thread... | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Notre Dame Game Thread...

There is no scheme...no creativity...lots of standing around. Don’t make excuses for the coach.

If we were playing against man today you may have a point, but if you’re playing against zone you need guys who can shoot and score inside. We kind of lack either. There’s only a few kinds of offenses you can play against zone.

You can’t scheme a guy into being able to shoot, pass, and dribble.

Ok buddy. Make excuses for the coach. Let’s keep blaming the players. So pathetic.

ND goes man and we get an easy 3. Huh? I thought only zones give up 3’s!?

I pray they switch to more man to man for some reason...as long as the refs stop being stupid and rewarding flops.

If we were playing against man today you may have a point, but if you’re playing against zone you need guys who can shoot and score inside. We kind of lack either. There’s only a few kinds of offenses you can play against zone.

Zone offense 101...ball movement and drive the gaps.

That was on Frank but it looked like he barked at Tyus about it immediately after.

If I am Gibbs, I'm never leaving that spot and just passing back and forth to a big on the foul line while two other guards stand elbow extended

Ok buddy. Make excuses for the coach. Let’s keep blaming the players. So pathetic.

Yes. The coach is in the hall of fame. The players are very young, we only have 7 of them, and were expected by virtually everybody to be our worst team in 40 years.

Get a grip.

Thank you. Ball and player movement create scoring opportunities and easier shots for bad shooters.

Whose going to play on the wings if Battle is in the middle? Nobody that a defense is going to guard. They’ll just pinch their guards in on Battle.

Need more threats.

Yes, just would be nice to get their zone moving around, I don't think I've seen a high low from the free throw line against any zone with any sort of size, or even a quick touch pass from the free throw line to the perimeter, I get Battle is who we want on the perimeter but showing different looks isn't going to hurt compared to what the possessions were equating to earlier on.

Which is easier to do when you can shoot. Otherwise the gaps aren’t really there. And guys have to be good with the ball to effectively drive the gaps. We’ve got two guys that are good with the ball...and they’re also the only two that can shoot.

JB in the hall of fame is a great thing. But using that status to invalidate what we see now is the worst thing to happen to constructive discourse.

Dolezaj, Moyer and Brissett all need to be shooting 500 shots per practice. Unreal that none have a mid range game.

One thing learned today...why Marek hasn't been taking those wide open shots from the foul line.
Love the guy but his shot isn't very pretty.
He doesn't get a good look before he goes up and then he pushes the ball.

One thing learned today...why Marek hasn't been taking those wide open shots from the foul line.
Love the guy but his shot isn't very pretty.
He doesn't get a good look before he goes up and then he pushes the ball.

His free throws look solid but translating the same shot to the pressure of game action when guys are playing defense doesn't work.

Although we have played pretty bad for majority of this first half, there have been so many games in the last few years where we barely broke 20 points in the first half. JB will make the needed adjustments.

I'm more frustrated with our defensive rebounding so far in this game, than I am our offense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom