Notre Dame Game... | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Notre Dame Game...

Personally I never had Championship or bust aspirations this season, and this team I guess will most likely make the tournament but right now feels worse then the end of the 2007.

Murph and Kennedy can both come back.

DiPietro will be healthy.

Murphy and DiPietro both walked at Senior Day I think so they might very well be out the door as well. Kennedy has been very up and down this year. Clary does come back, but we really didn’t see all that much of him to make any definitive judgements.

Honestly it doesn’t really matter much whose out there with this staff. Some of the decisions made today were atrocious. The switches this team has made all year are mind numbingly bad - they leave short sticks on an island, they switch onto long sticks when the offensive player has no angle. They create so much offense for the opposing teams simply by leaving guys wide open on the crease. It’s the worst ball watching team I think I’ve ever seen. They don’t even bother to throw stick checks. They don’t play with any physicality unless they’re dishing out cheap shots. I feel like I’m taking crazy pills watching this team make the same mistakes over and over and over again.

Murphy and DiPietro both walked at Senior Day I think so they might very well be out the door as well. Kennedy has been very up and down this year. Clary does come back, but we really didn’t see all that much of him to make any definitive judgements.

Honestly it doesn’t really matter much whose out there with this staff. Some of the decisions made today were atrocious. The switches this team has made all year are mind numbingly bad - they leave short sticks on an island, they switch onto long sticks when the offensive player has no angle. They create so much offense for the opposing teams simply by leaving guys wide open on the crease. It’s the worst ball watching team I think I’ve ever seen. They don’t even bother to throw stick checks. They don’t play with any physicality unless they’re dishing out cheap shots. I feel like I’m taking crazy pills watching this team make the same mistakes over and over and over again.
Let Lelan become a full time Huskers football fan and start rebuilding the scheme ASAP

Does March have a younger buddy who coaches defense?

Let Lelan become a full time Huskers football fan and start rebuilding the scheme ASAP
The defense has always looked better with a few takeaway defenders. This team is sorely lacking there.

Welp... This really is the beginning of the end for Syracuse Men’s Lacrosse. It’s been real y’all!

31A6BD56-B4E1-4CF2-B048-B5584A5F9FE7.jpeg

True, a lot of us have been pointing to the defense as a core issue this year. And while that is the biggest problem, the offense is also a concern. Good defensive teams like ND have figured out to defend SU as have others Too much individual play up top and not enough passing.

What a joke. Unless we raise the trophy this year (doubtful) It’s time for Desko to see the door

I’ve defended this staff for the last 10 years but just too much talent, too much hype for too little return . The D isn’t bad - it’s a dumpster fire.

It’s time to reset ...get a guy like Shay who’s got a title and too much road in front of him for another shot at Yale - get his system in place and get the 2022 squad in the door for another run .

If Cuse bounces after the first round and there is no change on the Sidelines, you may see a lot of those 2022 five stars bounce too .

SU can save itself some time and use that presser after every ND game.

Very true although realistically it can't be as bad as it has this season right? Maybe they grab another player or 2 in the portal? Or hopefully some of these young guys are ready to step up.
Oh yeah. Hall of fame coach. Give him an extension. He’ll figure it out. (Barf

True, a lot of us have been pointing to the defense as a core issue this year. And while that is the biggest problem, the offense is also a concern. Good defensive teams like ND have figured out to defend SU as have others Too much individual play up top and not enough passing.

I said the offense had issues day 1 after army and it’s been a trend all season.

Last edited:
How much of this has to do with Scanlan. Reportedly, the captains met with Desko, after he reinstated him, and told Desko the team would not practice if Scanlan showed up. It sounds like the team is falling apart.

Nothing. Did you see the ground ball stats.

Other than Rehfuss - can anyone tell me what starters are as good or better than they were last year ?

- Porter - No
- Trimbo - No
- Curry - No
- Phaup - No
- Kennedy - No
- Dordevic - No
- Murphy - No
- Avilles - No

Think about that . There is not a single starter or 5th year guy who is as good or better than they were in the past - I’d say Dipietro and Dami and Cook are the same which is average

on the positive side - second line guys Seebold (now first ) and Quinn got better

but to have that many guys step back is killer

Other than Rehfuss - can anyone tell me what starters are as good or better than they were last year ?

- Porter - No
- Trimbo - No
- Curry - No
- Phaup - No
- Kennedy - No
- Dordevic - No
- Murphy - No
- Avilles - No

Think about that . There is not a single starter or 5th year guy who is as good or better than they were in the past - I’d say Dipietro and Dami and Cook are the same which is average

on the positive side - second line guys Seebold (now first ) and Quinn got better

but to have that many guys step back is killer

The only one I'd maybe argue with you on is Aviles. I don't remember a lot from last year since it was such a small sample but I thought he was improved this season. The biggest disappointment by far based on your list is certainly the best midfield in the country. Each has had their moments in games but collectively it's been a mess.

It's interesting that so many in and around the program are circling the wagons around Desko in order to save his bacon from the Scanlan fallout given that this seems like the perfect opportunity to use that as a reason to just start fresh. Carte blanche. You don't have to blame him for anything that happened to go "hm, maybe the program would just benefit from a new perspective." The combination of the off-field stuff and the on-field blowouts should be more than enough. If not now, then when? Seriously. Those who advocate for the staff to stay forever—when do you draw the line? At what point do you think it's time to move in another direction? It feels like we're at that point.

Thompson looked good in goal when he came in! I thought Rosa was good also
Agree / very little talk about that, but they both looked great .

Porter was awful. he’s been mediocre at best this season. One of the Parents of a player told me that he was disappointed about not getting drafted by PLL...based on what grounds - pre season hype?

ND goalie was able to make stops on the doorstep several times. Porter couldn’t stop an obvious outside shot .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom